Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If the barbers/hairdressers open next week, would you go for a hair cut ?

Comments

• Options
    Fumbluff said:
    MrWalker said:
    No, but I'd send my partner out for a risky Brazilian.
    I bet he won’t thank you for that...
    Well. He's Brazilian, so I'm sure he'll be happy either way. 
  • Options
    I actually use clippers for my head which I cut nowadays in order to be completely bald.
    However, I have a thick straggly grey beard......I look like Uncle Albert.......can’t wait to have it shaved off.
    "During the war".
  • Options
    Well. I mentioned the other day about my missus giving it a go on me and my boys Barnets with the new clippers I bought.
    Today was the day.

Jaysus!!

We resemble 3 chaps who've had a nasty accident with some farming equipment!

Hairdressers and barbers should've been on the essential workers list. Me and my boys will be at the front of the bloody queue!.....with our hats on.
  • Options
    Absolutely yes. My hair is growing so thick I could pull off the Thomas Driesen look now (the one with it going everywhere)

Though I would make every effort to be there at opening time the day my local re-opens to minimise risk.
  • Options
    100%. Will be queuing like they do for Wimbledon tickets in the morning. Barnet is looking terrible and won’t let the missus cut it. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    Yes,if pubs,sports stadiums etc all opened up i'll would have no hesitation of attending,life's to short to worry about things we have no control of.
    is that apart from the fact you absolutely do have control of not exposing yourself to the virus ?
    The only way to possibly avoid exposing myself to the virus or any other risk ,victim of road accident,stabbing, or any other unforeseen incident would be to never leave my house again.
  • Options
    Yes 
  • Options
    No way, can't believe these may amongst first things to open. Much more important and safer things! 
  • Options
    Soooooooo glad I grew out my grey the minute I moved here.
    I would be climbing the walls if I were back in Blighty with my badger needing a cull 😳😩
    So I’m happy to wait for as long as it takes.
    Seeing as the hen weekend/wedding/holiday is likely to be all off anyhoo, doesn’t matter if I do look like Cousin It 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    redman said:
    No way, can't believe these may amongst first things to open. Much more important and safer things! 
    I don't think they will be opening for months.
    I was just curious as to who would go right now if they could.
    Interesting responses.
    I believe more women would be keen to go than men.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Soooooooo glad I grew out my grey the minute I moved here.
    I would be climbing the walls if I were back in Blighty with my badger needing a cull 😳😩
    So I’m happy to wait for as long as it takes.
    Seeing as the hen weekend/wedding/holiday is likely to be all off anyhoo, doesn’t matter if I do look like Cousin It 🤷‍♀️
    Phew, when you said badger I thought you meant beaver for a moment or two :-)
  • Options
    No way, I’m seeing this out until I look like David Ginola 
  • Options
    Have to say I would, it’s getting ridiculous now. 
  • Options
    No way, I need 4 more cuts to get my moneys worth out of the clippers I bought!
  • Options
    One plus for me of lockdown is the purchase and usage of clippers purchased on eBay from China. Two cuts in now and don't see me going to the barbers again.

£20   well spent. The equivalent of 2 cuts previously. Should be able to buy the club next year.
  • Options
    Definitely and if the pubs opened in 10 minutes time I’d be outside the door in the next 5 
  • Options
    clive said:
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    Yes,if pubs,sports stadiums etc all opened up i'll would have no hesitation of attending,life's to short to worry about things we have no control of.
    is that apart from the fact you absolutely do have control of not exposing yourself to the virus ?
    The only way to possibly avoid exposing myself to the virus or any other risk ,victim of road accident,stabbing, or any other unforeseen incident would be to never leave my house again.
    That’s not what I am saying. 

I am saying it is within your control to mitigate your risks of getting the virus. 

I could jump on the tube everyday and work in the office but I am working at home. 
    That is me having some control over the risk of me contracting the virus. 
  • Options
    I left my head and my chin for 5 weeks until woke one morning looked in the bathroom mirror and thought my head was on upside down. Then the razor came out.............
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    That’s not what I am saying. 

I am saying it is within your control to mitigate your risks of getting the virus. 

I could jump on the tube everyday and work in the office but I am working at home. 
    That is me having some control over the risk of me contracting the virus. 
    I'm now retired,but most of my working life i had jobs which could not be done from home,so would have had to use public transport.
    At the moment when i'm out i try to observe social distancing & all the protocols to avoid catching the virus,if i've not already had it,but my view is as long as the virus is contained it is important that this country gets back to near normal asap for the economic health of the nation & peoples mental welbeing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No I wouldn't. I've cut my fringe with nail scissors but the rest of my hair will have to keep growing for now.
  • Options
    clive said:
    MrOneLung said:
    clive said:
    That’s my dream , never having to leave home , perfect . I’m a practicing hermit ! 
    I’m all over this lockdown . Naff all contact with people from the outside world (Except on here)  beautiful cos I can turn this off .
    I got kids to play sport with and wind up and Mrs does the weekly shop .
    From a selfish point of view , long live the lockdown . 
    For the kids and everyone else’s sake , I can’t wait for some normality for the rest of society .

• Options
    edited May 2020
    My missus has found a calling and has actually done a better job with the scant excuse of my  remaining barnet than most barbers I use so that's saved me a few quid going forward.

An added bonus being no longer have to make awkward small talk when in the chair as we haven't spoken to each other for years.

• Options
    for that look ? .. never mind the barnet, major plastic surgery will be needed ((:>)
  • Options
    Not me, and probably never again, I usually have a number 3 on top and 2 around the sides, just to get my moneys worth! Since lockdown I bought some decent clippers and just do it myself, pretty much a number 2 all over, Mrs R7L then just tidies up the neck etc. Seeing I used to go to the Barbers roughly every 2-3 weeks so say 20 times a year that saves me £250 minimum. I've already just about re-couped the cost of the clippers!
  • Options
    They're open in Spain and I'm not going. My hair isn't so complicated - number one on the sides, and a bit longer on top which I can do with the scissors. Like @Rob7Lee my wife tidies up the odd uft at the back and I'm good to go. Mind you, my wife went today so if there is Covd-19 out there, she'll bring it back.
  • Options
    for that look ? .. never mind the barnet, major plastic surgery will be needed ((:>)
    Will they be able to make you 50 years younger mate?
     :D 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    Not me, and probably never again, I usually have a number 3 on top and 2 around the sides, just to get my moneys worth! Since lockdown I bought some decent clippers and just do it myself, pretty much a number 2 all over, Mrs R7L then just tidies up the neck etc. Seeing I used to go to the Barbers roughly every 2-3 weeks so say 20 times a year that saves me £250 minimum. I've already just about re-couped the cost of the clippers!
    I did the same about 20 years ago when I was made redundant.
    The wife did it with the clippers and has done ever since.
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Today was the day I finally gave in and used the clippers I bought a couple of weeks ago - my hair was getting on my thrupenny bits.

I have to say that set at number 6, and after a couple of attempts as I had missed some, it doesn't look too bad. It cost £34.99 which is less than I pay for one haircut (yes, I know - mug). As far as I'm concerned the investment of £34.99 will save me £40 every 4 weeks - what do you reckon of that as a return, Golfie?

Just got to convince the missus that it looks alright.