Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England Cricket Summer 2020

Comments

• Options
    Didn't realise until today that Moeen Ali has played the same amount of Tests as Swann did. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Game in the balance for me. West Indies need to keep up the intensity or else England have some players called Ben Stokes (ok and Pope) who can take it away from them
  • Options
    Didn't realise until today that Moeen Ali has played the same amount of Tests as Swann did. 
    If Swann wasn’t such a cock in his younger days, he would have played a lot more.
  • Options
    All very quiet at the cricket with England plodding along without many problems
  • Options
    Shooosh 
  • Options
    If Swann wasn’t such a cock in his younger days, he would have played a lot more.
    That's probably true. But the opposite may have been true, instead. 

It might be that, by being such a cock in his younger days, he gained ten years' worth of first class experience and came back as a world class spinner. If he'd continued in the squad for a few seasons instead of being cast aside, he might never have been forced to improve. 
  • Options
    I expect your full written apology to Rory burns by end of the day 
  • Options
    Tbf that’s the most comfortable I’ve felt watching an opening pair bat since Strauss and cook 
  • Options
    Tbf that’s the most comfortable I’ve felt watching an opening pair bat since Strauss and cook 
    See above
  • Options
    I expect your full written apology to Rory burns by end of the day 
    He'd done his job of wearing the pace bowlers out, ready for the Kent duo to both make match winning tons today.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Denly gives it away again for 29. You suspect that's made up the selectors minds for the next Test
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Hugh Jardon just caused much merriment on the Sky commentary!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujsi8ksX-eg
  • Options
    After a great partnership, Stokes and Crawley both depart
  • Options
    Good knock from Crawley but he has to iron out that bottom hand ..impressed though and I'd like to see him in front of Denly in the next test 
  • Options
    Crawley just played himself into the next test given Denlys failure..

Disappointing from buttler. How many chances will he get.
  • Options
    England slumping a bit now. 5 wickets lost for 30 runs
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Not going well. At least 40 short of where we needed to be.
  • Options
    Not going well. At least 40 short of where we needed to be.
    Should be a fascinating last day. Yes I want England to win, but it would have been disastrous for the series if England had completely stuffed the Windies.
  • Options
    Massive no ball by Gabriel not called by the umpire. Might not mean much if no wicket fell but it's an extra run Engkand have missed out (plus anything they might have got with the extra ball) and in a tight game all runs are vital.

Also, if the bowler has to keep bowling the extra balls they might be doing 8 or 9 ball overs.....which could be tiring.

Can't see why the 3rd umpire just can't have a word with the onfield umpires & tell them. Plenty of time between balls.

Does my head in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Windies need 200 to win
  • Options
    lol Archer straight-up trolling there
  • Options
    Shaping up to be a top final day if we can get some quick wickets early on. Otherwise West Indies will walk it 
  • Options
    Massive no ball by Gabriel not called by the umpire. Might not mean much if no wicket fell but it's an extra run Engkand have missed out (plus anything they might have got with the extra ball) and in a tight game all runs are vital.

Also, if the bowler has to keep bowling the extra balls they might be doing 8 or 9 ball overs.....which could be tiring.

Can't see why the 3rd umpire just can't have a word with the onfield umpires & tell them. Plenty of time between balls.

Does my head in. 
    I'm sure they do
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Chizz said:

Does my head in. 
    I'm sure they do
    Obviously they don't do so before the next ball is bowled otherwise they'd call it & make him bowl another.

No point having a quite word through the umpire earpiece. What does that achieve ? The 3rd umpire & the review system is like VAR. Review it in real time & do something about it. I was comparing DRS to VAR yesterday & applauding how quick & simple it was in cricket to get the right call compared to football. No point everyone seeing there had been a big no ball & nothing being done about it. Imagine if England lose by 1 run.....
  • Options
    England can't lose by 1 run

Speaking of trolls, always fun to see how John Campbell approaches his professional wind-up job of comedy opener
  • Options
    great to have highlights on the beeb 
    Isa Guha is a fine presenter (needs to remember not to shout so much on commentary)
    but the chaotic noisy graphics inserts for next batsman etc are awful and contribute nothing 
    can’t stand Michael Vaughan gobshite 
  • Options
    A new variation on the John Campbell school of wacky opening: hobble off and await your crack at the old ball
  • Options
    Game on.
    Bowlers bowling brilliant at the moment 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    England can't lose by 1 run

Speaking of trolls, always fun to see how John Campbell approaches his professional wind-up job of comedy opener
    Ok clever clogs.......Windies win by 1 run. 

Which isnt the same I know, but you are trying to dismiss a very clear point. Why, I have no idea.