Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Prem game Updates (post lockdown)

Comments

• Im shocked we've not had birds eye tech replay which shows just how far over the line the ball was etc
  • Someone at Villa forgot to switch on the goal line technology. Cheeky bastards 😂
  • Where’s the blue wall thingy they usually show?
  • Not watching the game, but that still is damning.
  • Imagine that costs Sheff Utd European qualification 
    Or keeps Villa up in favour of another team?

If I was Oliver Id be looking at that during HT and Id be out early checking the GLT to make sure it is working or not
  • Much prefer without the stupid crowd noise, definitely a goal.
  • edited June 2020
    A total anomaly

VAR feels goal line technology isn't in its remit. 
    The watch said No.
    Our eyes said yes.

• Sponsored links:

If I was Oliver Id be looking at that during HT and Id be out early checking the GLT to make sure it is working or not
    The ref checks before the game.
    the lack of graphic since suggests the technology has gone down completely 
  • Never got shown the graphic on the broadcast which they usually do, so the GLT system definitely wasn't even working or on
  • A total anomaly

VAR feels goal line technology isn't in its remit. 
    The watch said No.
    Our eyes said yes.

Why couldn't VAR be used? There was no break in play and the ref could have called for it.
  • the system can go down, if Oliver is wearing the watch then it passed the pre match checks, computers crash, and that might just be it 
  • Got no problem with technology not working, shit happens. But the fact that VAR can’t check is ridiculous. It should cover the tech should something like this happen.

The ref checks before the game.
    the lack of graphic since suggests the technology has gone down completely 
    Yeah I know the ref checks before the game but if I was him Id do another check just to be sure - Dont agree with twitter comments saying that VAR should have checked it

GLT is so reliable it shouldnt need someones opinion to back it up
  • Rossman92 said:
    Never got shown the graphic on the broadcast which they usually do, so the GLT system definitely wasn't even working or on
    And you won't see it. Because the ball was so obviously over the line.
  • And Hawkeye are pretty good at admitting when they’ve got the tech wrong, and what they’ll do about it.

just hope it isn’t a software problem which will affect all games
  • Addickted said:
    Rossman92 said:
    Never got shown the graphic on the broadcast which they usually do, so the GLT system definitely wasn't even working or on
    And you won't see it. Because the ball was so obviously over the line.
    True! The system was thinking, "Ahh this is a clear goal, they surely won't balls it up"

Welp 
  • I think the ref and / or lino would have given a goal if there was no GLT. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    And Hawkeye are pretty good at admitting when they’ve got the tech wrong, and what they’ll do about it.

just hope it isn’t a software problem which will affect all games
    Might have a virus 

Il get me coat 
  • I think the ref and / or lino would have given a goal if there was no GLT. 
    Agree. But nowadays they wouldnt overrule the technology as it should do their job for them.
  • Word from the officials that the technology is now working...

Sounds like it wasnt then

Unfortunately its probably a freak incident that Sheff Utd have been forced to deal with
  • Goodo.........football back to how it should be. 

I like this new normal.....😁
  • As in other instances why doesn't the ref go and look at the screen to check. Then he can see it is over the line and give the goal
  • Also watching with tte crowd noise on. Much better imo. Can hear chants of " Villa Villa" rather than players talking to each other.
  • I see Grealish hasn't lost his roller skates
  • They obviously wont because they need the points but Dean Smith should tell his players to give Sheffield United a goal lol, if GDS was working it would be 1-0 Sheffield United lol
  • Got no problem with technology not working, shit happens. But the fact that VAR can’t check is ridiculous. It should cover the tech should something like this happen.
    They said VAR could have checked because it was the same passage of play once the keeper threw it out, but apparently decided against it, not sure why
  • philcafc said:
    As in other instances why doesn't the ref go and look at the screen to check. Then he can see it is over the line and give the goal
    I suppose when GLT is so reliable you probably question if it is just you that is imagining things...

Also had Oliver done that and it not been a goal then you know everyone would be demanding to know why he'd overruled GLT