Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul | 8:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    I just want to see a Charlton side not bottle it against a bang average Millwall team in poor form. Is that too much to ask? 
    Yes.  Too much.  A draw all day long
  • Options
    Fancy a 2-1 win tonight 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Will start setting up the garden in a bit in anticipation of the cup final/no cup final later today.

Reckon I've marinated about 250 chicken wings and at least 100 ribs. Will stock the fridge as well. Only got 4 friends coming over, with the other half disappearing to her mothers with the kids.

Anyone else making more of a night of it?
    is that an invitation?  :)
    I've already filled the Charlton quota for this evening. 20% of those in attendance will be Charlton fans. However, if he turns up with a flag then he'll be refused entry.
    Surely James Seed makes it only 10% Charlton or is he part of the millwall 80% ?
    James will be joining us by Zoom call. The invite was extended but he's chosen to continue his mission to gain the trust of Charlton fans.
    I’m certainly available for a zoom call for my old Millwall mates 👍
    But wouldn’t you need my email address?
  • Options
    Teixeira and Sarr would have been the most cultured CB pairing in the history of English lower-league football. I don't know if they ever coincided but that surely would have been a day for the purists
  • Options
    Sage said:
    Changed my mind...

Pearce to score and do the baby celebration.

Aneke to score on his birthday and he runs up to where the fourth official is, pulls out a birthday cake from behind the advertising boards and eats the lot

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Teixeira and Sarr would have been the most cultured CB pairing in the history of English lower-league football. I don't know if they ever coincided but that surely would have been a day for the purists
    Now searching for a game where they were on the pitch at the same time. Quite a few where Sarr was an unused substitute
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Now searching for a game where they were on the pitch at the same time. Quite a few where Sarr was an unused substitute
    They were both LCB weren't they? Don't think we played 3 at the back, back then
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    The Wigan deduction clearly affects things, but I really don't think 50 or 51 will be enough at this stage
    Me neither. 52 at the very least. 54 & you're safe.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    They were both LCB weren't they? Don't think we played 3 at the back, back then
    Tex was a RCB.

I've found this: https://www.kentsportsnews.com/limerick-3-2-charlton-athletic-11-07-2017/

"Charlton surrendered a 2-0 half-time lead on a wet and windy night at Market Fields, to go down 3-2"

Pearce (Sarr 60), Barnes (Teixeira 60)

It wasn't meant to be. (It was already 2-2 when they came on, at least)
  • Options
    Looks like Pearce is available for selection still... 

Our destiny tonight is writ in history ....

BFG's baby born a matter of hours before a very important match at The Valley leading to the MOST important one at Wembley.

And look who scored our winning goal ! 

Come on Daddy Pearce ! 

( no pressure)
    We didnt win straight after Bauer's baby was born though...
  • Options

BFG's baby born a matter of hours before a very important match at The Valley leading to the MOST important one at Wembley.

Come on Daddy Pearce ! 

( no pressure)
    Not in the 90, but we won the game overall.
  • Options
    Hugging it with deep protection..... stop Sue eating it.... !
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Come on Daddy Pearce ! 

( no pressure)
    Not in the 90, but we won the game overall.If that's not WINNING the game, what is ? 

• Options
    For those who enjoy my contribution on the matchday thread, as it is on Sky, I am having a night off, in front of the TV with a beer. I am sure there are plenty of others who will keep you in touch, although I imagine most will be watching the game
  • Options

Typical Pearcey ..... all over him and holding on!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    ross1 said:
    For those who enjoy my contribution on the matchday thread, as it is on Sky, I am having a night off, in front of the TV with a beer. I am sure there are plenty of others who will keep you in touch, although I imagine most will be watching the game
    Enjoy getting to see a game for once Ross
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Teixeira and Sarr would have been the most cultured CB pairing in the history of English lower-league football. 
    At first I thought you meant they were into the arts, and would be discussing the latest Royal Academy exhibition or National Theatre production on the team bus
  • Options
    I was wondering whether Stuwall will be at the game considering he’s a season ticket holder at em......Millwall?
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Teixeira and Sarr would have been the most cultured CB pairing in the history of English lower-league football. 
    At first I thought you meant they were into the arts, and would be discussing the latest Royal Academy exhibition or National Theatre production on the team bus
    That's more Jody Craddock's speed tbh
  • Options
    Solidgone said:
    I was wondering whether Stuwall will be at the game considering he’s a season ticket holder at em......Millwall?
    He's wondering why his access code is the same as his email address
  • Options
    Had it in my head it was a 6pm ko. Now gonna have to feel anxious for another few hours.

I hate this fixture. Hate it 
    Yeah but, the pressing question is how is @Big_Bad_Worlds BBQ going and has @MillwallFan thrown a strop 'cos he wasn't invited.
  • Options
    Wondering what will do for us this time;

1) Charlton down to ten men for most of the game.
    2) Iffy Millwall penalty against the run-of-play.
    3) A Charlton own goal.
    4) A last gasp Millwall winner.
    5) One or more of the above.

• Options
    Game is live on ESPN+ in USA......They always find a way to beat us. 0-1 Millwall and cue the piss take messages from my bermondsey mates....