Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul | 8:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    robroy said:
    robroy said:
    Will start setting up the garden in a bit in anticipation of the cup final/no cup final later today.

Reckon I've marinated about 250 chicken wings and at least 100 ribs. Will stock the fridge as well. Only got 4 friends coming over, with the other half disappearing to her mothers with the kids.

Anyone else making more of a night of it?
    Forget the football, this works out at 50 wings per person! Fire me over the postcode mate haha 

I’m doing a zoom call with some Millwall mates, silly decision to agree to it. 

Enjoy 
    You want to stand around prepping the poxy things. Nightmare.

Enjoy your call and the game.
    I’m hoping buffalo hot wings with blue cheese sauce 
    Of course.  That accounts for about half the wings. The other 50% are split between honey mustard and a stupidly hot concoction I threw together.
    I thought you Well 'ard Proper Nawty Knuckledraggers marinated in Pebble dash and Mortar, washed down with a cheeky pint of Courage Best. Cockney Geezers.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    On Sky, against Millwall, what could possibly go wrong?
    Maybe two negatives make a positive? 

No, of course they won't.
  • Options
    Will start setting up the garden in a bit in anticipation of the cup final/no cup final later today.

Reckon I've marinated about 250 chicken wings and at least 100 ribs. Will stock the fridge as well. Only got 4 friends coming over, with the other half disappearing to her mothers with the kids.

Better get a move on mate. I think the cup final coverage has started already 
    Are you drinking in the Green Man?
  • Options

I was trying to get these ones in to a crowdie but they didn’t fit too well and look how rubbish some of the ones that did come out 
    Brilliant photo! 
    Ive been looking for a photo of bowyer scoring against millwall. Bicycle? One of my first games
  • Options
    I feel sick, this game is hugely important for the momentum of our season, against our neighbours and rivals that constantly pull our trousers down, on prime time Friday night TV, no other games to takeaway the spotlight on us, with every team in the bottom 8 having crazy form right now making it tighter than ever. 

I'm going for a scrappy, hugely controversial goal with a lack of VAR to give us a horrible 2-1 loss after Bonne grabs us an early lead
  • Options
    If we're ever going to beat them, you just know it will be the one time that none of us are there.

Got a good feeling, 2-0 to the Addicks. 
  • Options
    anything better than a loss is a bonus. 

As I said 4-0
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To watch or not watch ? Not watched any of the 3 so far and we've done well. Do I jinx it and watch, knowing the likely outcome, or watch the golf, follow the game on live score, and flick over every time we score 😄.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    If you can get to a Currys you can get a weekly Now TV SKY Sports pass for £10.
    How does that work?  They charge £9.99 for a one day pass but you can get a week for £10?
  • Options
    To watch or not watch ? Not watched any of the 3 so far and we've done well. Do I jinx it and watch, knowing the likely outcome, or watch the golf, follow the game on live score, and flick over every time we score 😄.
    Don’t you dare watch it!
    (I’m in the same boat btw 😳)
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    If you can get to a Currys you can get a weekly Now TV SKY Sports pass for £10.
    How does that work?  They charge £9.99 for a one day pass but you can get a week for £10?
    Probably why it's a deal.
  • Options

It has on spanner world, only 4 Charlton threads there.
  • Options
    I'm considering putting £33.33 on Millwall double chance so if the bet loses, it means we've won, which I would much prefer. If the bet wins, at least it's covered the cost of my sky pass.
  • Options

Like it how you’ve included the match day thread that we have for every game and the “team v....” which that poster does for every game as well. 😊
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Like it how you’ve included the match day thread that we have for every game and the “team v....” which that poster does for every game as well. 😊
    So that’s 4 threads then  ;)
  • Options
    All superstitious nonsense of course

But I'll be wearing my lucky underpants just in case  :D  
  • Options

Still leaves two which is double our count - for now. We'll probably end up with half a dozen though!
  • Options
    The whole Flag-gate business has certainly livened this up to near on unprecedented levels. This kind of animosity reminds me when we pulled the lions tale by chucking a few flares on their hallowed Den pitch. This of course was in reply to a Mob of Millwall turning up and having it out midweek with a local Charlton hairdressers. 
  • Options
    I'm of the opinion that the lack of spectators will disadvantage the other lot more than us. Beyond that, I'm not making any predictions. 
  • Options
    I don't bet on Charlton games but if I did, I'd go for a 2-1 win for Milwall
  • Options
    bobmunro said:

Still leaves two which is double our count - for now. We'll probably end up with half a dozen though!
    Yeah, one was started after southallgate which was obviously a talking point and the other is about our record v you lot. 

As I say, the other two we have for every team we play. 
  • Options
     I have the exact same predicament Dave.

Been keeping me up all night.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    COYR!

I hope we're in red as we've only won 1 game in the black kit this season, and that was Forest. (Feel free to correct me, but I am fairly sure that's right!)