Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul | 8:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Leuth said:
    Batten down the hatches lads

Phillips | Amos
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Oshilaja
    Lapslie | Cullen | Pratley | Field | Purrington
    @Leuth, where is your beloved Naby in that line up?
    I'm certain after he attacked my criticism the other day that he does it to wind people up. 

However for me :heart:Naby:heart: is more loveable than the famous :heart: Reza :Heart: 
    Rezas goal against Leeds and Nabys free kick against Wimbledon are 2 of my favourite goals in recent years tbf
  • Options
    I you want to purchase a pass to watch the game. you have to be a ST holder and purchase before 1pm on Friday. 
  • Options
    1-0
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure our record against Millwall is the worst derby record in British football
    Someone was talking about this on Millwall online the other day. Apparently only Fulham’s record v Chelsea (a derby but not much of a rivalry) is worse. Some people on here have mentionEd Everton v Liverpool in the past but Everton’s win rate v Liverpool is actually higher than yours v us. 
    I think the difference is that Chelsea have mostly been above Fulham in the league over the years, so you would expect them to have the upper hand. With us and you the league positions have mostly been the other way around, but we still never beat you. Post war we have beaten you seven times, Fulham have won nine against Chelsea.    
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    We will beat them again one day and no doubt be tomorrow when no one is there to watch it. 

We've looked pretty solid, as with all our games it'll be tight, a win would have us on the verge of safety 
  • Options
    Anyone predicting a win against the spanners needs their head tested but we do live in strange times...

0-2
  • Options
    2-0......and it'll be my first ever victory I've witnessed with my own eyes either being there or on TV since supporting the boys in 1986. Nearest I've come was The Den in 89 when Paul Williams put is 2-0 up in the 85th minute..........we drew 2-2. :#
  • Options
    We got this one boys...2-1 from the mighty resurgent Addicks...Williams & Aneke

LBRAWA
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
  • Options
    tom_k said:
    We finally beat them and Sue Parkes and some cardboard fans are the only ones that see it.

We will see it but we won't smell it, 
    We won't be knocked into the row in front,
    (At the den, when we went 1-0 up in Solly red card game) we won't feel the concrete below our feet and the hugs of strangers and guys you have known for years with tears in their eyes, the sheer effing relief of getting that monkey off our backs, the looking up with the floodlights at the stadium being brighter than the stars in the sky, desperately wanting that feeling of sheer elation to last a lifetime, and those moments similar to the Wembley final whistle just over a year ago, when your blood was pumping so hard can't be re-enacted. The semi final penalty shoot out at the valley with the elation, desolation and elation again as Donny shot that final penalty wide. 
    The croaked voice, the absent friends, the organic Joy, the adrenaline rush from decades of hurt, the victory at last that we can grab out of the night sky and tell our Grandchildren ( I know your only 35) that WE WERE THERE.  Alas we can't do that.

Seb will be looking down with the best view while i feel relief with 3 points, a cup of coffee, and a few hobnobs listening to Terry and Greg.

Tomorrow could be bitter sweet.
    (That is an oxymoron)

Cor, and it’s our cup final yeah? 😉😄
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    I you want to purchase a pass to watch the game. you have to be a ST holder and purchase before 1pm on Friday. 
    It’s Live on sky sports but if you want to watch it through the club stream, I don’t think you have to be a season ticket holder, just pay the £10 for a one off game 
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure our record against Millwall is the worst derby record in British football
    Someone was talking about this on Millwall online the other day. Apparently only Fulham’s record v Chelsea (a derby but not much of a rivalry) is worse. Some people on here have mentionEd Everton v Liverpool in the past but Everton’s win rate v Liverpool is actually higher than yours v us. 
    I think the difference is that Chelsea have mostly been above Fulham in the league over the years, so you would expect them to have the upper hand. With us and you the league positions have mostly been the other way around, but we still never beat you. Post war we have beaten you seven times, Fulham have won nine against Chelsea.    
    Yeah good point. One of the reasons I say it’s such a strange record. 
  • Options
    Yeah good point. One of the reasons I say it’s such a strange record. 
    One of the things I am eternally grateful for is for all the years I worked with Millwall, we were in a league above them the whole time!
    Phew 😳😂😂
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Dansk_Red said:
    It’s Live on sky sports but if you want to watch it through the club stream, I don’t think you have to be a season ticket holder, just pay the £10 for a one off game 
    You can only purchase a pass through the ticket site, and login as a ST holder, which incurs the £1-50 fee, SKY stipulate that only ST holders can purchase a pass on matches shown on SKY.  

The game has been selected for live broadcast on Sky Sports Main Event and because of EFL broadcast regulations, the club is not allowed to stream the game for non-season ticket holders on Valley Pass in the UK and Ireland. Season-ticket holders can click here to purchase before 1pm on Friday.

• Options
    Can I reiterate that the list of overseas countries the CAFC website says Valley Pass members can watch from is wrong, and not to be depended on. It is possibly a cut and paste list from somewhere, but try watching from the Netherlands for example and see what happens. If you're determined to rely on information from the club website my suggestion would be to proceed with extreme caution.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Just had a look and there doesn't seem to be an option for non- ST holders.
    Does anyone know a radio station covering this banquet of disappointment?
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    Just had a look and there doesn't seem to be an option for non- ST holders.
    Does anyone know a radio station covering this banquet of disappointment?
    Get sky for a day, £9.99
  • Options
    If you can get to a Currys you can get a weekly Now TV SKY Sports pass for £10.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020

Charlton wins 12 = 16% 
    Draws 27 = 36% 
    Scum wins 36= 48% 

Fulham wins 11= 13%
    Draws 26 = 30.5%
    Chelsea wins 48= 56.5%

Everton 82 wins = 28.5%
    Draws 84 = 29.5%
    Liverpool 121 wins =42%
  • Options
    Why should we allow it? 
  • Options
    Why should we allow it? 
    Same reason Cardiff allowed your flag at their ground the other day? 
  • Options
    Why should we allow it? 
    It's a fair point.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Why should we allow it? 
    It's a fair point.
    It’s not a biggy but away fans can’t be there so it’s nice to have some form of representation for the away team, however small.