Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul | 8:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    2-1 Addicks win 
  • Options
    Just need that bit of luck that seems to go missing when we play the spanners, George in the last minute, the disallowed goal, which the ref never saw what happened, the assault of Newton.
  • Options
    It's a unique situation. We seem to be able to cope with the lack of atmosphere and the team has come out of lockdown with a renewed sense of purpose so maybe we can nick it? I'll go for 1-0 to us but I am always optimistic.
  • Options
    Got nil nil written all over it. 
    Graffiti already ? Only a matter of time before one of your fellow spanners claims it was West Ham fans that spray painted it...
  • Options
    back to back 1-0 wins followed by back to back 0-0 draws. Sky commentators talking about the games over the weekend to try to keep the audience from disengaging. That will do for me...
  • Options
    Millwall are very dangerous from set pieces.I would get all the best headers of a ball in the line up  Osilaja, Pratley, Sarr, Pearce, Lockyer, Hemed.
  • Options
    Thumping home win, 1-0 Williams makes me spill my wine. 
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Millwall are very dangerous from set pieces.I would get all the best headers of a ball in the line up  Osilaja, Pratley, Sarr, Pearce, Lockyer, Hemed.
    First teach Sarr how to jump
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    One million to nil.
  • Options
    0-0 boring draw. 

least we wont have to deal with their top boys giving it large about never beating Millwall 

Millwall dragging football back to the 1970s - Page 2  Charlton Life

• Options
    0-0 boring draw. 

least we wont have to deal with their top boys giving it large about never beating Millwall 

Fucking Hell!  I didn't know you could even buy string vests anymore...  must be a family heirloom handed down by generations of barrow boys?
  • Options
    100% defeat

• Options
    0-0 boring draw. 

Fucking Hell!  I didn't know you could even buy string vests anymore...  must be a family heirloom handed down by generations of barrow boys?
    Careful....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    0-0 boring draw. 

Careful....
    Yeh, obviously they are in prison kit most of the time.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    2-0 Charlton.....there I said it!! Aneke & Pearce

We are unbeaten in 3 & they havent won in 3...you better believe Bowyer will be getting them up for this and the boys will be confident. 

Aneke needs to start imo. Thought he was great against Cardiff. Hemed alongside him. Green wasnt good but might be a case being rusty, hes a good player theres no doubt there.

Darren Pratley has gotta be a general in that midfield and lead by example along with Pearce at CB. 

Momentum is with us so we have to ride that wave! Looking forward to it!
  • Options
    Would like to see Williams start, run at their defence from the off and get three of their numbnuts sent off in the first 20 minutes as they attempt to kick Jonny off the park. 3-0 Addicks
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    If we do win, please ffs don’t be giving out to Millwall fans. It’s an embarrassing record and one win is bugger all. No commemorative DVDs @Ollywozere

Firm handshake and on we go to the next game. 
    It would probably take back to back victories for a couple of generations to match our wins. It’s a very strange record I must say. 
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    If we do win, please ffs don’t be giving out to Millwall fans. It’s an embarrassing record and one win is bugger all. No commemorative DVDs @Ollywozere

Firm handshake and on we go to the next game. 
    Quite right, I'm expecting a 4K production
  • Options
    I’m not knocking @Ollywozere btw. 

• Options
    Unfortunately, I don’t see Williams starting, but it would be typical Bowyer to say about his fitness since the return and suddenly he’s in the team. I also don’t think Hemed will start, instead Bonne and Aneke up front with Hemed coming off the bench.

Believe Millwall usually play 3-4-3 so would be interesting to see the way Bowyer goes about this one, but they all know how important this one is.

Ideally, Field would’ve played more minutes on Tuesday, allowing Pratley to have more rest ahead of tomorrow. So I think Field is likely to come on in the second half.

I also wouldn’t be surprised at all to see someone who hasn’t really played come in straight away and play, a bit like Lapslie and Forster-Caskey did. However, that would really only be Oztumer, and he seems to be the forgotten man right now.

I am feeling, stupidly, a little confident about this one, and think we could actually get a good result. Aneke to score and play a blinder.

Phillips
    Lockyer Pearce Sarr
    Matthews Cullen Pratley Morgan Doughty
    Bonne Aneke

Amos, Oshilaja, Purrington, Lapslie, Field, Williams, McGeady, Green, Hemed

Charlton Athletic 2-1 Millwall
    Bonne
    Aneke
  • Options
    Charlton wins 12 = 16% 
    Draws 27 = 36% 
    Scum wins 36= 48%