Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul | 8:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    4, 4, fookin 2.

Dont try and match em they’ll beat us at physically and defensively.  Just go for it no need to be nervous.

Phillips
    Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Oshilaja 
    McGeady, Pratley, Cullen, Morgan
    Bonne, Hemed

2-1 after taking a 2-0 lead edgy finish.  Morgan, Hemed.
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure our record against Millwall is the worst derby record in British football
  • Options
    Last time I saw them beat was at Upton Park with a goal from a spurs loaner.. Forget the name but enjoyed the celebrations after... Good Times! 
  • Options
    Millwall haven’t beaten a bottom half team away all season
    cafc - " hold my beer "

on a side note anyone seen that sad cnut playing alan the anorak - all a bit of banter but was mildy amusing the 1st time and is decked out in charlton hat and scarf to qoute eddie hearn "i feel terrible that were living in your head rent free "
  • Options
    The fans will be way more nervous than the players will. Playing in an empty Valley will be a big help.
    I'm hoping a narrow win, maybe by two goals to one. 
  • Options
    0-0. Will be the most turgid 90minutes of football this season with both teams looking to avoid defeat. 
  • Options
    we might have a chance as the millwall players wont have had there jellied eels and glass of beer
  • Options
    we might have a chance as the millwall players wont have had there jellied eels and glass of beer
    If your players don't bob, bob, bob up to the ground then they, too, could find it hard.
  • Options
    If your players don't bob, bob, bobbin up to the ground then they, too, could find it hard.
    Come on BBW, how long you been on CL?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If your players don't bob, bob, bobbin up to the ground then they, too, could find it hard.
    I'm sticking with my wording. It looks and sounds correct. Unless you'd 'bobbin up'?

I think we're in danger of plumbing new depths here ;)
  • Options
    I'm sticking with my wording. It looks and sounds correct. Unless you'd 'bobbin up'?

No chance of that on CL mate.
  • Options

You missed the chance for our players to be bob, bob, bobbing along to the ground.
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    JamesSeed said:
    The fans will be way more nervous than the players will. Playing in an empty Valley will be a big help.
    I'm hoping a narrow win, maybe by two goals to one. 
    You still sticking with Bradshaw and Jed to get ours?
    Lol, but the only Millwall player I've heard of is Matt Smith. For obvious reasons.
    My era was Kitchener, Cripps, Stepney, Dunphy, Julian. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Going for a 0-0 draw. This team is hard to break down ( unless something goes wrong )

1 Kings Ferry
    2 DJ
    3 Ebdons 
    4 Centaur
    5 Eltham Executive 
    6 Redwing
    7 Knights of the Road
    8 Lewis
    9 Stagecoach
    10 Empress
    11 Arriva

PARK THE BUS, LADS ... PARK THE BUS
    Is Megabus injured?
    On the bench (seat).
  • Options
    You saw it here first:
    Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Oshilaja
    Pratley
    Cullen | Morgan
    McGeady
    Aneke | Bonne

• Options
    No idea how we'll line up. I suspect it'll be a tepid draw, indeed the last 2 derbies at The Valley have both been 0-0 bore draws, most notable for the actions of the police rather than anything on the pitch

However I REALLY hope we win, not so much because it's Millwall, but because we need the points. 49 points going into the weekend, and we're well on our way to safety. 46 points, then after Saturday afternoon we could be in trouble again, especially with Brentford coming up. 

Hopefully the extra 5% of desire will make all the difference.

• Options
    I do like having a quick look on their forum when they play us, just to check they still don't give a shit about us.

'timetable nonces'

'signal box wankers'

'sex cases'

'hope they bust'

'valium wrong un c*nts' - This is a new one on me.

haha love it.

I'll be busy for the next few minutes
    Thank god I'm working from home, you cant put that up when people might be in the office!!
    I think those 3 red buckets are the 1927 version made in Crewe. Can anyone confirm this please? But thank God they put an orange cover over that engine otherwise we'd be onto page 10 by now!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If we don’t think we can win, what message are we giving to the players?

We will win tomorrow night, it’s fated to be in an empty stadium. 

I expect us to win every game, I am often very disappointed (Especially when we play this lot) but will keeping coming back it’s what Charlton fans do. 

• Options
    They are good at set plays, so I think they will get one goal, probably a header from the likes of Smith. Can we score two goals against their tight defence? I doubt it but they will hopefully be knackered after playing virtually the same team for three games in a row. I'll settle for a 1 1 draw. In Bower we trust.
  • Options
    Last time I saw them beat was at Upton Park with a goal from a spurs loaner.. Forget the name but enjoyed the celebrations after... Good Times! 
    John Hendry was the scorer - long range effort if my memory serves?

Snowball's chance in hell tomorrow, as per.  
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    Going for a 0-0 draw. This team is hard to break down ( unless something goes wrong )

1 Kings Ferry
    2 DJ
    3 Ebdons 
    4 Centaur
    5 Eltham Executive 
    6 Redwing
    7 Knights of the Road
    8 Lewis
    9 Stagecoach
    10 Empress
    11 Arriva

PARK THE BUS, LADS ... PARK THE BUS
    Is Megabus injured?
    Relief coach mate might have to get him back from the Railway shuttle run 😉.
  • Options
    Come on cafc.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Batten down the hatches lads

Phillips | Amos
    Lapslie | Cullen | Pratley | Field | Purrington
    @Leuth, where is your beloved Naby in that line up?

• Options
    My overwhelming emotion about this one is disappointment.

Disappointment that we aren't gonna get to see a peak Bowyer side on a good run, with an in form Williams, Fiesty Gallagher and Taylor fired up by the Neanderthals in the away end. 

Still think we can do it. No idea what team we will out out. I'd like to think that Bow will go all out to win this one and use a change 11 who will battle for a 0-0 draw against Brentford.

Aneke and Hemed up top is a must, I'd like to see Williams in there. 

The scene is set for a Sarr screamer and redemption.
  • Options
    I’m pretty sure our record against Millwall is the worst derby record in British football
    Someone was talking about this on Millwall online the other day. Apparently only Fulham’s record v Chelsea (a derby but not much of a rivalry) is worse. Some people on here have mentionEd Everton v Liverpool in the past but Everton’s win rate v Liverpool is actually higher than yours v us. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    Leuth said:
    Batten down the hatches lads

Phillips | Amos
    Lapslie | Cullen | Pratley | Field | Purrington
    @Leuth, where is your beloved Naby in that line up?
    I'm certain after he attacked my criticism the other day that he does it to wind people up. 

However for me :heart:Naby:heart: is more loveable than the famous :heart:Reza:heart: