Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Millwall | Fri 03 Jul | 8:15pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    could/should be a right old tear up in front of nil fans and millions watching on TV around the world lol.. bit of a last chance for Wall to get near the play offs and our situation needs no explanation. After the performances this season it's difficult to name a best team, BUT Bowyer will know

CAFC 2 v Millwall 1
  • Options
    2-1 all day long 
  • Options
    0-2.   Same old, same old unfortunately.
  • Options
    We finally beat them and Sue Parkes and some cardboard fans are the only ones that see it.
  • Options
    Great preview.

Don't laugh but I actually think we're going to get something out of this game. Reason I think this may not be popular but I think the lack of crowd will actually help us more as like it or not Millwall always seem to rise to the occasion when they have 3,000 in the Jimmy Seed end Mill.......... all game.

2-0 to Charlton. Both by Cullen. The first a direct free kick, the second straight from a corner.

Cue debate in the post match thread about what a crap dead ball taker Cullen is! 
  • Options
    Good preview FA, would start with Bonne and have Chunks come on in the 2nd half, also have Field on the bench ( if ok ).
    Well I know it's Millwall and it's on the telly , but sods law says this is the time we win , when we're not actually there to celebrate it , 2- 0 Charlton , Hemed with both and the Legend is born.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    I am a bit worried, normally this would be a loss, draw at best! 
    No fans, we are looking pretty solid and they have not.. 
    Charlton 2-0 Win, Bonne + Lockyer 

I would add, part of the confidence it appears we have alot of players (bar Taylor) so Bowyer will pick the right formation and the players to get the job done. Lets end this hoodoo
  • Options
    A competitive, dour, tetchy encounter that will be won and lost on set pieces.
    So we better shape up, because if we lose on an injury time corner again Naby, I swear to God somebody is going to die
  • Options
    Phillips
    Matthews | Lockyer | Pearce | Oshilaja
    Morgan | Cullen | Pratley | McGeady
    Bonne | Aneke

is my team.

0-2 is my prediction
  • Options
    Think we will win based purely on the fact that no1 will be there to see it, doesn't matter what the team will be. 

3-2 
    bonne sarr and hemed for us 
  • Options
    This always happens. In the run up to kick off a few brave souls decide to break cover and declare that "this is the year we finally beat them". They'll learn.

A scrappy draw at best.
    We'll see. 

I don't doubt we'll lose at all. However I want to be able to say I told you so if we do win. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Charlton 4-0 Millwall

5" Hemed
    16" Morgan
    42" Aneke
    88" Matthews
    Bring back flags
  • Options
    Can't see us winning this one 2-0 to them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited July 2020
    SDAddick said:
    Last time we played Millwall at home, I was there. Better days.

0-17. We're playing Millwall on Sky. We're absolutely fucked.
    I have seen us beat Millwall... It was probably in one of my first seasons coming to the valley. Maybe 95/96 season? All I remember was a clean sheet and fans went mental. 

Think we also beat them with a BWP goal in a pre-season game a few years back. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    SDAddick said:
    Last time we played Millwall at home, I was there. Better days.

0-17. We're playing Millwall on Sky. We're absolutely fucked.
    I have seen us beat Millwall... It was probably in one of my first seasons coming to the valley. Maybe 95/96 season? All I remember was a clean sheet and fans went mental. 

Think we also beat them with a BWP goal in a pre-season game a few years back. 
    Nope we lost 4-3 in that friendly to a Bouazza goal.

BWP got 2 and Johnnie Jackson got one. 
  • Options
    Naby to redeem himself for the result at their place and bang the winner in
  • Options
    Bleurgh. I remember the last time I thought Charlton would beat Millwall on TV Yann got injured right before the game and I was instead forced to watch Joe Piggott run the ball off the pitch for no reason. Could do with it not being the same this time.
                          Phillips
    Matthews-Lockyer-Pearce-Oshilaja
    McGeady-Cullen-Pratley-Morgan
                    Hemed-Aneke
    We seem to be starting games well and carving out chances, but then not taking many of them. This time we need our strikers to put some goals in, preferably early. I have a slightly bad feeling that as this period goes on and opposition players get more match fit we might start to look less strong in games as we've obviously come back fitter and more prepared than other teams. With that in mind we really could do with getting our points on the board early. You just can't rule out all the bastards below us continuing to pick up a ridiculous number of wins so we need to be one of those bastards. It's on TV, we need it to stay up, it's Millwall, that's a 100% guaranteed loss. Except the world is upside down at the moment, so maybe it's finally bloody time.
  • Options
    Phillips
    Matthews  Lockyer  Pearce  Oshilaja
    Cullen  Field  Pratley
    Williams
    Hemed  Aneke
  • Options
    edited July 2020

Well, I thought we would get thumped at Cardiff so what do I know??!! It's so hard to predict results in the current, unique situation. My heart says that we will nick an early goal and spend the usual 'squeaky bum' hour holding on to a 1-0 lead to win. My head says 0-1 because we look so lightweight up front.

In the famous 1992 words of Sir Alan of Curbishley "Let's have plenty of shots, come on, shots!" (please, for once, please).

• Options
    MrLargo said:
    We've been excellent since the restart, they've been average and their play-off hopes are rapidly fading.

I feel genuinely optimistic about our chances and really think there's a decent chance that we could pull something off here.

I know the history, they always beat us, blah blah blah, so feel free to call me crazy but I think this is the year when Charlton step up and surprise all of us.

Charlton 0 - 0 Millwall
    Excellent? I think we have been bang average. We have ground out a couple of results, but we're really not very good.
    Defensively we have been tight and a bit lucky at times. The fact that we are playing the scumbag thugs, I cannot see anything beyond our luck unravelling.
    However, I hope that I am wrong! I hope that Bonne puts his boots on the right way around, I hope that Dillon figures out what good distribution means and I hope that Green can remember to pass the ball to a Charlton player.

UP THE ADDICKS.....

2-0 Millwall.