Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jim White & Simon Jordan talking about CAFC on Talksport this Tuesday

Comments

• Options
    Nah he's just taken Farnell's word for it.
  • Options
    Dodger and others been stitched up a bit there and don’t come across well. 
  • Options

Jim White said Andrew Barclay not interested in investing the club, or something along those lines?

wtf?

White has probably taken that from Farnell's tweets to Andrew Barclay after the court case last week

As Airman said though, it sounds like Barclay has gone into those meetings with PE and CF not knowing what exactly he's buying and compared it to buying a car where he doesnt know what car it is or hasnt been given the reg no so he can even do any checks

So the answer is what exactly can Barclay do that he hasnt done? 
  • Options
    Be curious if we hear anything from the outspoken Barclay on twitter today or whether he's decided to keep quiet after the comms with Farnell on there
  • Options
    I'm amazed that so many people here actually expected TS to reveal anything earth shattering.

A lot of hot air (including from that other Henry Irving)
  • Options
    Painful listening about nothing. Lack of homework on JW’s part, SJ covering old ground and not making the point that of course, everyone should be interested in PE’s net worth or that of the ‘consortium’ behind him to satisfy the investments needed to run a football club and the station has obviously selected a few points raised by the fans interviewed to make them sound like plonkers, when they are not, they are clearly passionate about the club and were there to prove it. Talksport’s edit taking the Makro’s reference into account and probably out of context of a more serious point being made is/was just not helpful.

On the plus side, the fans speaking did nothing to rock tomorrow’s focus on our hugely important game, which is what I feared, based on what has been referenced on here for 24-48 hours.
  • Options

dickplumb said:
    Perhaps Talkshite couldn't use what Smiffyboy and Dodger gave them for legal reasons.
    This is what I reckon, but then TalkSport shouldn't have done anying as what come out was bollocks
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm amazed that so many people here actually expected TS to reveal anything earth shattering.

A lot of hot air (including from that other Henry Irving)
    I think like Henry called out, there's been a big cut from TalkShite there. 

I don't think Dodger & Co would big it up like that if they thought they were going to just get that snippet in.
  • Options
    To be fair to those involved, there was probably shed loads edited out, to make the studio discussion as short as possible to cram in more ads
    Exactly, Dodger may have incriminating evidence but at the moment he really needs some help with what to do with it.

Shouting at Farnell & Elliot & talking to Talksport outside the ground, where they can edit what they want is obviously not a winning strategy.

A pity, but the fans that could possibly best help appear to get criticism from him, which possibly makes things difficult.
  • Options
    For those not on twitter 

Peter Varney: "We haven't been asked [by talkSPORT] for any comment yet people are speculating about Andrew's involvement. Wouldn't you want to do that to balance the piece?"

PV: "We signed an NDA [non-disclosure agreement] but haven't had a single document. So what did we sign an NDA for? What is the purpose of the NDA?"

PV: "The EFL decision is key because if they are not approved then they are not the people we'll be dealing with. If they are approved we will be dealing with them. It's not our fault the process has taken so long.

PV: "It is not of our making, because the EFL don't want to make a call before the end of the season."
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    Perhaps Talkshite couldn't use what Smiffyboy and Dodger gave them for legal reasons.
    That’s what I thought, but in that case he shouldn’t have said they don’t know where Makros is, when quite possibly they do?

• Options
    dickplumb said:
    Perhaps, but could they have at least mentioned it, without detail? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think with respect to the people believing that they were going to be allowed to make what they see as sensational revelations on talkSPORT, they are just being naive about the appetite of media organisations for taking legal risks. There wasn't a cart in hell's chance talkSPORT were going to allow them to say anything remotely controversial.
    Airman, I appreciate you probably cannot confirm or deny, but do you think there is any substance with regards to smiffyboy's statement the other day? i.e. third party ownership.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

If they gave them anything it was obviously unsubstantiated. Most likely still, side notes and hearsay from Southall who is just so desperate to get another payoff. 
  • Options
    I thought that it was proved in court that Elliott didnt own the club???
  • Options
    I was gonna say, bizarre bit of journalism if they’re just presenting one persons story about some one else, without getting a comment from the subject of the story. 
  • Options
    edited July 2020
    So we have Renny & Stimpy
    George & Mildred,Dastardly & Mutley,Bill & Ben,Starsky & Hutch & another show to add Dodger & Smiffey...n still seems like know one has a fuckin clue...
  • Options
  • Options
    Trusting Jim White and Talksport is like trusting Dan Wotton and The Sun.

Personally if I had major evidence about wrong doings I’d go to CAST or VoTV and see what happened from there.
    Surely if its legal wrong doings, the EFL and Police would be better suited so evidence isn't jeopardised.