Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Three lungs
    He got the special Covid that gives you more oxygen 
  • Options
    Wow. Just wow. Exceptional tonight.
  • Options
    The box to box midfielder we've missed for a few years.

He's been due a goal, and I think after his problems with Covid that one meant a bit more.
  • Options
    Could have had 4 today. Looked a different class.

Everything I wanted him to be when we signed him. League 1 (and hopefully champ) Connor Gallagher with a bit of Cullen thrown in.
  • Options
    That goal was coming, and was well worth the wait. Fantastic tonight. I honestly saw nothing in this bloke last season, but he has won me over the last few weeks. Quality. I don't see a better midfield 3 in the division than Dobson, Lee and Gilbey. All three compliment each other so well.
  • Options
    Agree with everything said, absolutely class tonight. A completely different player from the one we saw when he first joined, saw glimpses of what he could do in the second half of last year that made me look forward to seeing what he could do this year and very happy he's showing it. 
  • Options
    That was the best midfield display for Cafc  since Gallagher and Cullen left.  Absolutely outstanding and that should give everyone hope who has had long Covid. 
    I gave him 9.5 tonight and if he scored the Mazy run  he would've had the max from me.

• Options
    Absolutely top draw from him.tonight.
  • Options
    I’m a critic of his (his passing and decision making),
    but tonight he shut me up. 
    Fair play AG - a good shift and a cracking goal in front of a loud, packed Covered End. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The fitness levels of Gilbey, Dobson and Washington have been unreal of late.  I would be curious how much distance they cover during the match.
  • Options
    The fitness levels of Gilbey, Dobson and Washington have been unreal of late.  I would be curious how much distance they cover during the match.
    They have certainly increased since Adkins went. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Purrington too, and Lee’s also worth a mention. And to think when Adkins was here there was a lot talk about poor fitness levels.
  • Options
    Reminds me of Scott Parker, and what he brought to the team. All action, driving us forward. God knows why Bowyer didn't like him..
  • Options
    Welcome back to the 1st team Alex.
    Let's hope you will help to turn around our fortunes.
    I think you will.
    He has  :)
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Reminds me of Scott Parker, and what he brought to the team. All action, driving us forward. God knows why Bowyer didn't like him..
    Because he was injured.  He said himself he was struggling. 
  • Options
    Because Bowyer liked nobody apart from Josh Cullen and Lyle Taylor!
  • Options
    He can only get better and glad we have a good length contract for him.

One area I'd like to see JJ coach him. Sometimes Alex takes a pot shot from 25yards a bit too late and it doesn't get past the first man...leading to effectively a through ball for the opposition. It's dangerous. Get that first touch tighter and bang.
  • Options
    It really didn't go the way we expected it to with "Gilbs". 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    It really didn't go the way we expected it to with "Gilbs". 
    You mean it didn't go the way you expected it.      :*
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I properly hate him
  • Options
    Having seen Scott Fraser three times now I'd have Gilbey every day of the week in the squad.

Fraser had one good moment against us with Milton Keynes last season - His two other games, he firstly got nullified by Darren Pratley - and then in the one game where he matched up against Gilbey (tonight), he spent the majority of his evening on the grass.

Great person on Social Media too
    We've got both now! Gilbey over two seasons has been disappointing, can probably count on one hand the times I've thought he had a really good game 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    This squad is full of nearly men like Gilbey. Gilbey is nearly a very good player. He has a lot of running him, carries the ball well, has a deceptive turn of pace. But his touch is poor, his passing is poor, and his decision making is poor. 

We have lots like that. Players are who are good at one or two things, but quite bad at everything else. Washington, Stockley, Morgan, Pearce, Famewo, CMac, to name but a few. It’s perhaps somewhat inevitable, being a League One club after all, and and we will have some players like that next season but we have to get more all round quality into the team. 
    He’s not that bloody near to being a “very good player”then! 
    Some of his attributes are those of a very good player, in his case they’re all physical attributes. Some of his attributes, all technical in his case, are way off the standard required. 
  • Options
    He's miles off a very good player. 
  • Options
    Jank, get rid along with the rest of them 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    He’s a shadow of the player we signed. Proper Charltonised.

He never had the best first touch or passing but what he was meant to bring was running, tackling and goals. He’s got the first but has lost the other two.

In fact I can think of a couple of occasions he’s pulled out of tackles that have led directly to goals conceded this season.
  • Options
    Started 32 games, came off the bench in another 5, so had the 4th most league appearances in the squad  :o
  • Options
    Started 32 games, came off the bench in another 5, so had the 4th most league appearances in the squad  :o
    What was his return in the League? 2 assists and 1 goal?