Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    I'm pretty sure Gilbey will find out for himself next season that the Fourth Division is his level.
  • Options
    I suspect financially Stevenage's promotion may have been good for us. Often they would need to pay a higher element of his wages if promotion was achieved. I suspect we would have made similar deals with Burton and Cambridge.
  • Options
    He sang a song about us? Remarkable considering I had almost forgotten his existence, even when in our team, seems we mean far more to him.
  • Options
    Alex who?
  • Options
    Gross misconduct, straight sacking?
  • Options
    Good riddance either way
  • Options
    Wasn’t he really close with JJ, no wonder he hates the club! 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The blokes a five knuckle shuffle merchant. I’m sure he’ll get the welcome he deserves at the Valley next season 😏.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafc_se7 said:
    Wasn’t he really close with JJ, no wonder he hates the club! 

George Dobson was very close to JJ so no mileage in that theory. 
  • Options
    What an utterly moron. 

Think he actually got off pretty lightly from us fans considering how poorly he performed for us so not sure what he has to feel so bitter about.
  • Options
    Congrats to Stevenage from relegation brink last season to promotion this one .. Steve Evans, like or loath (I know the consensus on here) he is a bit of a promotion managerial maestro
  • Options
    Was JFC singing it as well ?
  • Options
    Do these dickheads not have media training ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Swisdom said:
    I went to Stevenage once and can safely say it is the worst place I have been to in this country.  It was about 15 years ago but I fail to see it has improved significantly in that time.

Genuinely a memorable place for its shiteness

It hasn't improved. Truly awful place.
  • Options
    Good to have a manager at the club finally demanding a higher standard of the players. As a player, you can't control the talent you were, or were not, blessed with at birth (although you can work on it), but you have total control over your attitude and conduct. Jury is still out on Holden's tactical nouse and eye for a player, but I completely support his efforts to try and change the culture in the dressing room. They're not all wrong-uns, but there are a good few that are long overdue an ultimatum to shape up or ship out.  
    I hope they are well past ultimatum stage with Holden.
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    I went to Stevenage once and can safely say it is the worst place I have been to in this country.  It was about 15 years ago but I fail to see it has improved significantly in that time.

It certainly can't have improved. Steve Evans is there! Sure the kebab shop is doing record numbers
  • Options
    Valley11 said:
    Absolutely applaud the way Holden operates - and how’s he’s dealt with Bonne and Gilbey.
    Basically, you won’t play for this club if you’re a classless c**t. 
    Well done Deano. All bodes well for the make up of the squad next season. 

Yes he’s dealt with it well but it’s quite easy to do that when Bonne and Gilbey have been terrible for us. If Bonne had scored 10 goals since January and liked that post he would be back in the squad and being offered a new contract 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:

It's not great, but I offer you Milton Keynes as competition.