Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    They’re still bitter about the 0-8 defeat in the papas used johnny competition 

I could understand him singing that if he’s a Charlton supporter but I’m pretty sure we’re still paying a part of his wages so it’s a lot stupid whilst still on our books but a perfect reason for our tears to start flowing and to stamp our feet in outrage as another bellend of a shit player passes through our club .
    poor form by him and I’m sure Holden will be sent it (and not know who he is ) and then have to admonish him and use the no dickheads rule as he’s booted out the door.
    oooh great we can have a rivalry with Stevenage 
  • Options
    Is that recent? 
  • Options
    You know how I usually defend players, even when seemingly indefensible? 

Well, I had this chap's number the whole time all right 
  • Options
    We do have some exceptionally dense individuals contracted to us on the playing side. It’s no wonder so many of them seem to lack even the most basic of football intelligence, it’s because they’re thick as pig shit generally. Another one inked in on Holden’s dickheads list. 
    The 'no dickheads' rule should get rid of a lot of our squad.

• Options
    Holden's no Dickhead rule in full swing at least
  • Options
    Proper weird behaviour that, who are Stevenage? 🤣
  • Options
    Shame the no dickhead rule can't be applied to non-playing staff and owners/ownership contenders
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a prick.
  • Options
    What a (insecure) geezer
  • Options
    edited March 16
    Dirty c***. Sell him so we can look forward to Dobson smearing him next season.
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    I find it hard to believe that video is what it sounds.
    Why would players and fans of a small club in Herts(they may be a big club in Herts!) sing about a small club in London(we are now) just hours after gaining promotion to League 1 ?

Alex Gilbey's contract runs out in June so he is history but what is the context to that footage. Have Cafc fan/critics struck again on social media and made personal vile attacks ? 
    Bonne, Gilbey who's next ? 
    Charlton fans/critics are like an Ex wife scorned; they just don't want you to find happiness. 

I assumed Gilbey had private issues when he went from MoM against Ipswich at the Valley and some of the highest marks given on CL to the unconfident player that appeared to want to be sent off at the Valley after two of the most pointless yellow cards I have ever seen.

Another apparent good signing: 25 year old with potential improvement that never quite happened. 

Gilbey and Evans must've told some stories(true probably) for that video to be kosher.
  • Options
    Oh for the days when Curbs met with players to suss them out as people as well as footballers to make sure they fitted into his ways of doing things. At that point we wasn’t rolling in money compared to our PL rivals so had to be clever with our recruitment. I can’t see why the same can’t apply now just on a lower level. I suppose in part it’s an inevitability of the black box recruitment. Can’t see things changing very much if I’m honest. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    “But there’s a player in there somewhere”
  • Options
    A bit different from the Bonne situation as Bonne is OUR player at the moment. Gilbey is out of contract, and obviously not coming back, indeed I imagine he'll sign permanently for Stevenage as it's worked out perfectly for him.

Quite a weird song to sing though. 
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    Believe it or not there are fans out there who still rate him and are hoping he comes back and gets a chance under Holden.
  • Options
    Average jobber who had about 3 good performances for us. 
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    cabbles said:

That famous cliché BUT he has just been part of a team promoted from League 2 which is more than the players we purchased from Swindon in the Summer achieved. 

I understand you never rated him even when he had the good spell under JJ, when Johnnie Jackson was caretaker and players like him and Purrington played their best football.

I definitely don't want Alex Gilbey back as he has found a club he appears happy at and I struggled with him after the crazy self inflicted red card.

@Scoham his contract is up in June so only coming back to Sparrows to clear out his locker and say goodbye to the tea lady.
  • Options
    cabbles said:

That famous cliché BUT he has just been part of a team promoted from League 2 which is more than the players we purchased from Swindon in the Summer achieved. 

I understand you never rated him even when he had the good spell under JJ, when Johnnie Jackson was caretaker and players like him and Purrington played their best football.

I definitely don't want Alex Gilbey back as he has found a club he appears happy at and I struggled with him after the crazy self inflicted red card.

@Scoham his contract is up in June so only coming back to Sparrows to clear out his locker and say goodbye to the tea lady.
    And these are the same Swindon players I also get told, could be okay, just not seen the best of them, good back up.  I’m not aiming that at you, it’s just the general detritus that oohaah points out above.  Gilbey had some okay moments, but they were very few and far in between.  I know he hasn’t improved on his goal record at Stevenage, but perhaps his all round game is more effective at that level.  

• Options
    The video seems to have been taken down.

What were they singing?
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    The video seems to have been taken down.

What were they singing?
    We hate Charlton, we hate Charlton?

Another one to put on Deans dickhead list with Bonne, we do attract them!
  • Options
    Terrible footballer, glad he is leaving as he optimises the effort (lack of) before skill mantra we have had at this club for years.