Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    Very good signing. Connor Washington tomorrow? 
  • Options
    edited August 2020

Alex says he can wait to see us all down the valley, next year!!!!! What does he know that we don’t ?
  • Options
    Dont Footballers regard next year as next season?
  • Options
    Hopefully a Mark Kinsella type of player. All effort and action with some goals too. 
  • Options
    Reminds me of Dale Stephens 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Pete O'Rourke is usually pretty on the money.

WTF is going on?
    O'rourke has never got one right. Just a joker account.
    Mmmm
    looks like Pete is one to keep an eye on
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Any idea how much the fee is we paid for Gibley?
  • Options
    Dont Footballers regard next year as next season?
    He’s probably right though, can’t see fans being allowed in till 2021 personally.
  • Options
    Off_it said:
    An attacking midfielder from MK Dons you say?

He's got some big Ben Reeves size shoes to try and fill. Needs to sort his barnet out for starters - too much hair.
    More like not enough forehead. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As others have said, no idea how we’ve been able to do this. Can only assume sanctions have been softened in light of today’s other events.

Youtube clip looks decent but otherwise I know nothing about him. In Gallen and Bows we trust though.

It’s a warm welcome from me as with every new signing. Good luck Alex, I hope you’re a huge success here. 
  • Options
    It's all very peculiar.  Put's great questions onto Farnell's quotes that he was putting money in along with Elliot.  If we're paying a fee, then there has to be some cash flow elsewhere:  I get that it could be installments and I get that MK Dons would be a football creditor so entitled to a 100% return in the advent of admin but...  ??????

On the signing.  I know it's a highlight real but apart from the skill what impressed me most was his physicality and combativeness.  Stephens had brilliant positive capabilities, but he did not bring the match with him it was Hollands who had to do the work.  Alex looks like he has both.  I hope we can associate the start of a new dawn with him.  Forza Alex!
  • Options
    IR94 said:
    Any idea how much the fee is we paid for Gibley?
    Yes it was exactly £undisclosed with £undisclosed more in add ons/clauses. You're welcome.
  • Options
    Welcome Alex.
  • Options
    A three year deal as well. Blimey. I have absolutely no idea what’s going on anymore but I’m pretty sure I’m happy with this signing 
  • Options
    Josh Cullen with a little bit of Johnnie Jackson arriving late in the box about him. I like him 
  • Options
    Someone had better tell him that with Covid around no-one will be going to The Valley for a good few months. If at all. 
  • Options
    I used to work with his sister who was herself a decent footballer. Some news of a footballing variety and good news at that! Welcome Alex.
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Think Gallen must have found a connection for the Supa Dupa Deal Phone
  • Options
    Having watched the clips of his best moments, if he can play like that for us it’s a great signing. 
    The fact we have had an exemption allowed for this signing (and the other we are waiting on an announcement for) does give some hope for the future. Really hope this means Bowyer, Jackson and Gallen will be holding on for new ownership and  a chance to invest properly in the squad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Someone had better tell him that with Covid around no-one will be going to The Valley for a good few months. If at all. 
    Isn't that why he said See you at The Valley next year
  • Options
    "Fans at The Valley".  What non-COVID19 alternate reality is he living in?
  • Options
    MK dons player of the season two years running? Looks good to me. Need a bit of athleticism in midfield. 👍
  • Options
    Back in 2018 Bowyer & Gallen identified Taylor as the main man who we needed to be successful. 

This time around we’ve needed a midfielder who can score goals with Aribo & Gallagher not being replaced. Will be a big task but if Gilbey can chip in with some goals this season I’ll be positive towards a good season. 
  • Options
    Winning 2 x Player of the Year does mask something a little, in that he has had a few bad injuries over the past few years. I've just read spells of 6 and 3 months out. Hope they are behind him now, because we know what happens at Charlton with this trait!
  • Options
    Yeah, but if you pieced together my long raking pass at Sutcliffe Park, my near post headed goal at Charlton Park and my half volley at Avery Hill, I would look quite good.
  • Options
    very good signing by the sounds of it. Also good news that it is also hopefully a sign Bowyer and Gallen are staying and in control. Also good news in that it must mean EFL think we are capable of starting the season.
  • Options
    Good news at last .. double bonus .. the signing of a very good player and the signing indicates that the longer term future for the club is bright, otherwise he'd'a gone elsewhere 10/10
  • Options
    Where's the bit saying all the fish you can eat?