Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    I reckon that the management have discovered a hidden, unrecognised gem in Mr Gilbey !!
  • Options
    Only just realised that Gilbey and Bonne will have played together at Colchester 
  • Options
    Hearing good things. With him brought in, dropping a league level, Cullen going back to Wet Sham, hoping not much difference is noted.

Cullen was excellent, but if we have a player who can chip in with a few goals (bring a slight different style of play), it should work well.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Hearing good things. With him brought in, dropping a league level, Cullen going back to Wet Sham, hoping not much difference is noted.

Cullen was excellent, but if we have a player who can chip in with a few goals (bring a slight different style of play), it should work well.
    I think Gilbey is more of a replacement for Gallagher and Stephens
  • Options
    Replacement for Stephens? Are we still scouting a replacement for somebody who left in 2014? Or a 4 month loanee? I don't believe so. I think that he fit the Charlton player boxes and we will make it fit (as options are not vast.)

• Options
    mendonca said:
    Replacement for Stephens? Are we still scouting a replacement for somebody who left in 2014? Or a 4 month loanee? I don't believe so. I think that he fit the Charlton player boxes and we will make it fit (as options are not vast.)

We never replaced Gallagher in January though, instead signing two defensive midfielders in Davis and Smith. 
  • Options
    Number 11 though. Bowyer really needs to sort his formation out so we can get this number situation in hand
  • Options
    If you read the report by Benjy Nurick it’s got Mark Minsella all over it.

Very interesting signing 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

I think Gilbey is more of a replacement for Gallagher and Stephens
    I’d say Aribo and Gallagher, I think it was Gallen who spoke to SLP about Gilbey scoring goals from midfield.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    There was a couple of things about his play that stuck out to me yesterday. 

- First his command of the ball seemed to be impeccable, excellent close control and always found the right pass. He looked like the calmest head on the pitch, a cut above the rest.
    - Second, he was able to comfortably beat his man. As teams plan to play against him, he will more often than not wins set pieces in dangerous areas. Yesterday, he won the free kick that led to us retaking the lead.
  • Options
    edited September 2020

Alex Gilbey going to be in a boot for four weeks.

"It depends how he goes after that. He's going to be a while - a minimum of four weeks."
  • Options

Alex Gilbey going to be in a boot for four weeks.

"It depends how he goes after that. He's going to be a while - a minimum of four weeks."
    Thank god for this takeover today!!
  • Options
    Jeez......do all our injuries end up with the player on crutches or in a protective boot meaning they are out for a month or two. What's happened to the "he'll run that off in a week or two" and then you find them playing in the next match. 
  • Options
    Shame to see Gilbey out for a month but least Bowyer can reinforce the squad so his presence isn't missed too much.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Jees. Our only decent signing already injured....in training again, not a game! We do incur a lot of injuries, not niggles, in training?!

Maybe we can get a CM replacement then marvel once he's back.
  • Options
    poor fucker has only been here a few weeks and he's already been charltonised 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Part of his recovery time should be covered during the international break which happens from 4th to 16th October. Hopefully Pearce and Aneke will be back by then as well.
  • Options
    Part of his recovery time should be covered during the international break which happens from 4th to 16th October. Hopefully Pearce and Aneke will be back by then as well.
    We wont get an International Break if we dont have three players called up as we'll be playing Ipswich on the 10th October

Thankfully we've Williams and Washington who'll be bound to be called up, it just depends if Giggs also wants to call up Levitt
  • Options
    We'll probably have more internationals by the time the window closes, Welsh, England youth or something.
  • Options
    Ipswich have any Internationals?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    We'll probably have more internationals by the time the window closes, Welsh, England youth or something.
    I've also wondered if its why we got Levitt when we did

Had the takeover not been sorted by Ipswich it gave us the potential to get that game called off and so give us more breathing room
  • Options
    Gibley out for another 5 weeks according to LB

big blow
  • Options
    how did he get injured in the first place? 
  • Options
    Gibley out for another 5 weeks according to LB

big blow
    If only the ability of a club to turn fit footballers into injured ones was a measure of its success. Lewis Page has played 5 games this season which is 5 more than he played in the last two years for us!!!
  • Options
    Gutted for Alex, looks a good player.
  • Options
    how did he get injured in the first place? 
    He’s done something to his achilles and calf area.

I made the mistake of Googling Alex Gilbey injury to find that out, had to go through a lot of search results