Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    Yes I agree with posts here. Very surprised and delighted we have signed Alex. Never heard of him but the you tube video looks impressive. I had never heard of a lot of players we have signed over the years who turned out great for us so pleased with this. Now that is done I can go  back to worrying about if I have a club to support in the future.
  • Options
    Yeah, but if you pieced together my long raking pass at Sutcliffe Park, my near post headed goal at Charlton Park and my half volley at Avery Hill, I would look quite good.
    I understand the sentiment, but you can still gauge enough here to tell he's a very competent and hard-working footballer. His eyes are constantly searching for the best option to move the ball up the field; he seems to have height and pace that's fairly rare for a centre mid at this level; and technically he's clearly no mug (not quite on a par with Dale Stephens but even so).

I would think he'll prove to be pretty useful. Bowyer and Gallen seem to consistently identify players with a good mentality and that is absolutely key for this division.
  • Options
    Bonkers signing, has taken us almost over the wage cap already...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    The wage cap for the embargo of the one implemented by League One / League Two clubs?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    What was the cut off date in terms of which players are counted?
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I don’t think that applies here
  • Options
    Strange comment from Redhenry without any context.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Strange comment from Redhenry without any context.
    I'm hoping he was joking 
  • Options
    Someone had better tell him that with Covid around no-one will be going to The Valley for a good few months. If at all. 
    Isn't that why he said See you at The Valley next year
    No, he's done his ACL in a the car park potholes and is out until March.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    When red Henry speaks take note , while 90% were mouth full sucking off mouthall,  redhenry was airing news of skintness in the early ESI days 
    Thanks Oohaa. Fans don't like hearing bad news, i get that..
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    When red Henry speaks take note , while 90% were mouth full sucking off mouthall,  redhenry was airing news of skintness in the early ESI days 
    If one signing has almost taken us over the cap, who on earth signed it off? Surely Bowyer and Gallen aren’t going to do that when it’s clear we need a lot of bodies 
  • Options
    But if we retain the rest of the players that are here now.... we need another RB but other than that, can't see what other positions we're desperate for?
  • Options
    no idea
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    I get what you're saying, but we're obviously gonna be selling some players so can use their wages on any new signings. Don't see this as a bad thing tbh
  • Options
    Doesn’t matter , if we overspend the righteous amongst us will be demanding a points deduction to take affect immediately 
  • Options
    edited August 2020
    Personally think at least half the league will be over the wage cap. If teams like Gillingham aren’t already below it then fat chance that any of the teams just relegated or that have been chasing promotion in recent seasons will get their wage bills under the cap this season. The market’s expectations on wages is going to have readjust before clubs will be able to get under the cap as they can’t be expected to run on a squad of 11 to players or only sign Uber cheap players from non- league. 
  • Options
    Personally think at least half the league will be over the wage cap. If teams like Gillingham aren’t already below it then fat chance that any of the teams just relegated or that have been chasing promotion in recent seasons will get their wage bills under the cap this season. The market’s expectations on wages is going to have readjust before clubs will be able to get under the cap as they can’t be expected to run on a squad of 11 to players or only sign Uber cheap players from non- league. 
    The cap only applies to players signed after the introduction of the cap. Players already contracted are applied the league average wage within the calculation.

So if you wernt to spend any money on transfer fees you can pay total wages of 48K per week in league one. each player already contracted "costs" the league average (c.£1800 per week) towards this cost so if you have 20 contracted players already that are above the league average they only cost you 36K per week leaving 12K per week for new signings.

:)
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Not @oohaahmortimer, bad news turns him on, the weirdo. 
    I just like the truth , we're all desperate to hear everything is rosey and hunky dory but it's not,  so we got to be realistic .

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:
    I think these 2 deals were done before the vote and so they'll be counted as the league average wage
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    Not @oohaahmortimer, bad news turns him on, the weirdo. 
    I just like the truth , we're all desperate to hear everything is rosey and hunky dory but it's not,  so we got to be realistic .

He's not always right though 

• Options
    Would people say this is a replacement for Cullen or Gallagher?
  • Options
    The Belfry (IIRC).
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Had a problem with his stomach.

Intolerance to Vindaloo?