Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alex Gilbey - Re-signed for MK Dons (p37)

Comments

• Options
    MattF said:
    how did he get injured in the first place? 
    He’s done something to his achilles and calf area.

I made the mistake of Googling Alex Gilbey injury to find that out, had to go through a lot of search results
    thanks for looking. could take a good couple of months before we see him again.

I presume he did it in training? 
  • Options
    We could take Cristiano Ronaldo who let's face it has been a bit of freak in terms of his fitness record and break him in 1 day.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    He’s done something to his achilles and calf area.

I made the mistake of Googling Alex Gilbey injury to find that out, had to go through a lot of search results
    thanks for looking. could take a good couple of months before we see him again.

I presume he did it in training? 
    Think it was yeah
  • Options
    Gibley out for another 5 weeks according to LB

big blow
    He been hanging our with greenwood and foden ? 
  • Options
    @Sage
    You seem to have an inside track on injuries, what have we done to him?
  • Options
    When he signed to be under Charlton medical care!
  • Options
    I can't help wondering if the training is over vigorous.
    Bowyer says they play no different to a proper match.
    Pretty sure this is it. 

I'm not sure it's the best approach as we appear to have the worst record for injuries. 
  • Options
    I'm wondering the same.....all for 100% effort in training matches if we have a big squad and 2 options for every position. LB after us worked at bigger clubs like Leeds and Newcastle who had deeper squads
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Gibley out for another 5 weeks according to LB

big blow
    He’s been hanging out the back of greenwood and foden.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We could take Cristiano Ronaldo who let's face it has been a bit of freak in terms of his fitness record and break him in 1 day.
    No doubt Gunter will Break his wrist signing his contract. 
  • Options
    The amount of injuries we get in training is ridiculous. Surely there are other areas to focus on in training than just intensity.

He will have been out for 8/10 weeks.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Pretty sure this is it. 

I'm not sure it's the best approach as we appear to have the worst record for injuries. 
    We also seem to have spells when the whole team looks knackered ten minutes after kick off. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    The amount of injuries we get in training is ridiculous. Surely there are other areas to focus on in training than just intensity.

The players should be managing their own fitness imo. Then the management/coaching team should be focusing on all other aspects. 
  • Options
    mendonca said:

I can certainly understand why Bowyer likes training with full intensity.

But if it's taking it's toll of players injured while training, it may need a different approach. 

It could just be the luck of the draw though, sometimes a player just picks up a freak injury. It happens.

• Options
    Any idea how the injury was done? Sounds like a collision/slide tackle? Of course injuries happen but just interested.
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Haven't Exeter already got a run of games out of Page? Surely that's a good as indication as any.
  • Options
    I agree. We do seem to pick up lots of injuries. Long term ones as well. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "absolutely don't need another midfielder"

Luckily there's no such thing as bad form and injuries in football....
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Any idea how the injury was done? Sounds like a collision/slide tackle? Of course injuries happen but just interested.
    No, unfortunately I don’t know how the injury occurred.
  • Options
    Sage said:
    [snip]
    Accusing them of things without background or any real substance is wrong and completely undermines them as professionals. You wouldn’t have a banker for example come out and critique the performance of a surgeon, so why do football fans do the same with a medical team without any knowledge of a situation?
    You want to try being a teacher Sage, it's amazing the number of people who think they know what they're talking about because they went to school twenty years ago...
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Sage said:
    [snip]
    Accusing them of things without background or any real substance is wrong and completely undermines them as professionals. You wouldn’t have a banker for example come out and critique the performance of a surgeon, so why do football fans do the same with a medical team without any knowledge of a situation?
    You want to try being a teacher Sage, it's amazing the number of people who think they know what they're talking about because they went to school twenty years ago...
    Never thought of being a teacher before. Are you a teacher or was it a passing comment?

I know I may come across a certain way and I don’t mean to sound in a rude way, but I am passionate about these things regarding medical, injuries, sports science etc. I done a degree in it recently and unfortunately not been able to get into the professional game, it’s so competitive. But it does frustrate me when others, whoever it is, places blame at the door of people who have done no wrong. 
  • Options

What a shame we only have 9 other midfielders
  • Options
    @Sage, nobody has had a personal dig at anybody in the CAFC medical team. Half the fun of being a sports fan is being able to collate facts and build a personal opinion of a situation (as long as no harm is intended).

In fact, you've done so yourself :-)

You've concluded that Page "needed a new environment and sometimes a simple thing like that is what works." Just imagine in an upcoming interview, if he mentions he is now doing things differently and sought advice from a physio there about personalised training plans different to those he's embarked upon previously. 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Leuth said:

Yeah I've made my point many many times already, you obviously just dont want to see it so wont waste my time making it again.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Sage said:
    Croydon said:
    mendonca said:

Haven't Exeter already got a run of games out of Page? Surely that's a good as indication as any.
    Not at all. Page has been fit since July and sometimes the thought and fear of injury is more than the actual injury itself. He needed a new environment and sometimes a simple thing like that is what works.

Again, nothing to do with the medical team and their competency.

But footballers injuries are way more public than a surgeons record.  We must have had the worst injury record in the divisions we have played in for at least two years now hence people are questioning medical staff/training regime.  If a surgeon had the worst track record as a surgeon for 2 years running I would not let them anywhere near me. (and I am a banker).
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Yeah I've made my point many many times already, you obviously just dont want to see it so wont waste my time making it again.
    You would maybe have a sliver of a point if there wasn't a wage cap. But there's a wage cap.