Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• So many defensive errors this weekend. Both Chelsea & Arsenal yesterday were playing like the games were pre-season friendlies & gave the ball away countess times at the back. Now today Burnley, Villa & Fulham defenders have all gifted goals by being casual or careless. Cant defenders just go back to hoofing the ball upfield instead of dwelling on it or trying to pass it backwards/sideways. 
  • VAR ruining these as per. Was that a clear and obvious error? Just wasting our time, get rid
    Clear & obvious error to me. Player won the ball & Watkins fell over his foot. 
  • Would be great to see Kane turning out for a Bayern or a Barca next season
    Why would you sign Kane when you can sign Haaland for less money? 
    You can't, unless Haaland stays at Dortmund another year.
    With the alleged demands being made i'd guess he'll be staying.

Raiola - €20M
    Haaland's Dad- €20M
    Haaland's wages - €30M a year
    Then the transfer fee - around €150M

No club is paying that.
  • edited April 2021
    Someone will though, Real or Barca are millions if not billions in debt but will find a way.

Raiola - €20M
    Haaland's Dad- €20M

No club is paying that.
    Modern football summed up in one post.
    Well there's no chance Bayern buy him as they have Lewandowski, and Barcelona can't afford anyone.

Honestly think Kane has stitched himself up by signing such a long contract. He signed a 6 year deal in 2018, but if he'd done a 4 year deal he'd be able to go cheap-ish this summer or go for free next year. Now no one can afford him and he'll be 30 when his contract is up.

Not even City given that Aguero will be off the books? 
    He might be bluffing but Pep has been pretty vocal this week that City won't spend that kind of money (assuming we're talking 150m+).

City obviously spend a lot, but they tend to sign players for 40/50/60m and improve them, they don't go for huge signings like United/Real/Barca/PSG. Their record signing is Dias for 'only' 65m. 
    I can't see a situation where Kane is available and City are looking to replace Aguero and they wouldn't go for him. It may mean busting their transfer fee strategy but they won't want to sit back and see him go to Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or a Champions League rival if it's going to be their only chance to sign him.

Kane going into that side would be a massive upgrade on the likes of Jesus. 
    Well there's no chance Bayern buy him as they have Lewandowski, and Barcelona can't afford anyone.

Honestly think Kane has stitched himself up by signing such a long contract. He signed a 6 year deal in 2018, but if he'd done a 4 year deal he'd be able to go cheap-ish this summer or go for free next year. Now no one can afford him and he'll be 30 when his contract is up.

He might be bluffing but Pep has been pretty vocal this week that City won't spend that kind of money (assuming we're talking 150m+).

City obviously spend a lot, but they tend to sign players for 40/50/60m and improve them, they don't go for huge signings like United/Real/Barca/PSG. Their record signing is Dias for 'only' 65m. 
    I can't see a situation where Kane is available and City are looking to replace Aguero and they wouldn't go for him. It may mean busting their transfer fee strategy but they won't want to sit back and see him go to Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea or a Champions League rival if it's going to be their only chance to sign him.

No one is disputing that he wouldn't be an upgrade, of course he would. But i honestly don't see how any club affords him, he has 3 years left on his contract and Levy as we know is a tough negotiator. He'd probably want close to 200m.

No one is disputing that he wouldn't be an upgrade, of course he would. But i honestly don't see how any club affords him, he has 3 years left on his contract and Levy as we know is a tough negotiator. He'd probably want close to 200m.
    Sorry, I wasn't trying to suggest you were saying otherwise if it came across that way. It was really to make the point that if City have one weakness and lack of depth in the current squad it's at centre forward. I like their approach in general to buy (relatively) cheaper players and make them even better but think they would see Kane as too good to miss out on. 

Raiola - €20M
    Haaland's Dad- €20M

No club is paying that.
    In all seriousness what an earth can an agent do that's worth 20m ? I'm not even going to ask the same question re his Dad ffs
  • edited April 2021
    AndyG said:
    Would be great to see Kane turning out for a Bayern or a Barca next season

Raiola - €20M
    Haaland's Dad- €20M

No club is paying that.
    In all seriousness what an earth can an agent do that's worth 20m ? I'm not even going to ask the same question re his Dad ffs
    €20m for having the right swimmers!!
  • Sponsored links:

• I know mate. The mad world of football eh 
  • Raiola has posted that the amounts being talked about are 'fake news'. 

Does anyone seriously believe him given we know that Dortmund paid him €15m and Haaland's Dad €10m to sign him from Salzburg. They spent more on agent/Dad fees (€25m) than they actually paid to Salzburg (€20m).

Stuff like this should be banned from the game. Agent fees are ludicrous enough but paying his Dad as well is beyond ridiculous. What next? Pay my brother and sister as well? My best friend?
  • Shhh don't give them any more ideas to get money.
  • Mourinho seems to have started his blaming the players tantrum a season early 
  • Covid or not, you know Levy will expect nothing less than a world record fee for Kane, especially with 3 years left of his contract.  And rightly so.

If he wants a move, good luck to him.  He's put up with our BS for far too long and a player like him deserves to be winning the PL and CL, not scraping the barrel of the League Cup.

Massive murmourings behind the scenes since the Newcastle game yesterday.  Mourinho claiming that Alderweireld and Aurier didnt train and have covid tests in time have been proved to be utter codswallop as the lress team gave since released photos showing both were training on Thursday.  The squad are up in arms about it and the board are furious.  Its absolutely toxic if all to be believed.

Will be interesting who plays CB against City in the League Cup final.

Rodon is cup tied.  Mourinho has pissed off Alderweireld and Dier  and Sanchez isnt having the best time.  Only leaves Ben Davies or young Japher Tanganga.  Absolute shambles.
  • I'm sure @oohaahmortimer will be devastated at this news but West Ham's European hopes have taken a big setback with the news today that Declan Rice will now be out injured for a month.
  • nervous , a win against wolves tonight puts the ammers  in the champions league spots 
    and I'm not falling for it johnboy , it's lucky for spurs when the year ends in one , their names on the cup
  • I'm sure @oohaahmortimer will be devastated at this news but West Ham's European hopes have taken a big setback with the news today that Declan Rice will now be out injured for a month.
    Thank god he will be back for the Euros if that’s the case - he’s an important player for us 
  • nervous , a win against wolves tonight puts the ammers  in the champions league spots 
    and I'm not falling for it johnboy , it's lucky for spurs when the year ends in one , their names on the cup
    I've always been an optimist but can only see a hiding on the cards in the cup final.
  • JohnBoyUK said:
    Covid or not, you know Levy will expect nothing less than a world record fee for Kane, especially with 3 years left of his contract.  And rightly so.

If he wants a move, good luck to him.  He's put up with our BS for far too long and a player like him deserves to be winning the PL and CL, not scraping the barrel of the League Cup.

Massive murmourings behind the scenes since the Newcastle game yesterday.  Mourinho claiming that Alderweireld and Aurier didnt train and have covid tests in time have been proved to be utter codswallop as the lress team gave since released photos showing both were training on Thursday.  The squad are up in arms about it and the board are furious.  Its absolutely toxic if all to be believed.

Will be interesting who plays CB against City in the League Cup final.

Rodon is cup tied.  Mourinho has pissed off Alderweireld and Dier  and Sanchez isnt having the best time.  Only leaves Ben Davies or young Japher Tanganga.  Absolute shambles.
    I can’t see City paying anything like what Levy would demand. He’s a great player and would score for fun in that team, at nearly 28 and with fragile ankles, I just can’t see anyone stumping up £150 mill plus for him.
  • Sponsored links:

Don’t trust a word @oohaahmortimer says. 

Used to be ‘please, anyone but the bin dippers winning the league’ then became ‘would rather Liverpool won than Spurs’ and now it is ‘can’t be having West Ham getting in champs League, much prefer Spurs to do it’ 
  • Kane - 27 years old 

Haaland - 20 years old. 

Its genuinely no competition if you had to make a choice. They're going to be similar prices. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    I'm sure @oohaahmortimer will be devastated at this news but West Ham's European hopes have taken a big setback with the news today that Declan Rice will now be out injured for a month.
    Don’t trust a word @oohaahmortimer says. 

Used to be ‘please, anyone but the bin dippers winning the league’ then became ‘would rather Liverpool won than Spurs’ and now it is ‘can’t be having West Ham getting in champs League, much prefer Spurs to do it’ 
    next stop 
    I'd rather west ham than palace
    i'd rather palace than millwall
    the end 

• edited April 2021
    Kane - 27 years old 

Haaland - 20 years old. 

Its genuinely no competition if you had to make a choice. They're going to be similar prices. 
    Probably get Kane for longer though.

Using City as an example, Kane would likely spend 5-6 years there before City decided to move him on at the end of his contract (as with Aguero).
    If they got Haaland, then Raiola would be sniffing around Barca and Real in 3 years time looking for another pay day.
  • Nice finish from James Rodriguez
  • He might be bluffing but Pep has been pretty vocal this week that City won't spend that kind of money (assuming we're talking 150m+).

City are just lulling everyone to sleep. I bet they get Haaland for $225M.
  • Palace just keep being jammy bastards dont they

Have barely been in this game against Everton but get a late equaliser 
  • Palace just keep being jammy bastards dont they

Have barely been in this game against Everton but get a late equaliser 
    Just knew they were going to score. Richarleson shouldve had at least a hattrick today,missed so many chances. Everton paid the price for not taking their chances
  • edited April 2021
    do people actually watch them (obviously the bromley charlton fans will like to look at their local side)
    I can't bring myself to watch them unless they are nearer the lower end of the table and struggling
    it makes me vomit that they are soooo much better than us and have been for years
    fucking disgraceful
    1-0 West Ham