Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    I know it was disallowed so he got lucky but it was piss poor defending from Dier, literally just stood there whilst Cavani ran past him to score.
  • Options
    Much prefer West Ham over Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal. Moyes has done a ridiculous job there.
    Credit to whoever is in charge of their scouting too.

Soucek, Coufal, Fornals all unheard of before they signed.
    Fornals shouldn't be on that list, capped by Spain, linked with a few decent teams and cost them about 26 mil I believe. But agree on the scouting  generally, Dawson has been a masterstroke too, on loan, couple of mil permanently and has just done a really solid job. 

I think they've been a bit like Leicester winning the title, just solid players like Fabianski, Coufal, Cresswell, Dawson, Soucek. Lingard providing the spark like Mahrez, Rice protecting the defence like Kante. All they really lack is a prolific striker, Antonio does a job for the team but isn't an out and out goalscorer. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Weird that McTominay didn’t get a second booking for the slap on Son?
    How did Bruno not get a yellow for kicking out at Hojbjerg?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Weird that McTominay didn’t get a second booking for the slap on Son?
    How did Bruno not get a yellow for kicking out at Hojbjerg?
    Ref’s decided it’s 1970’s rules for this game!
  • Options
    Micah Richards is having a bit of an overreaction here
  • Options
    And claims that Rashford went down faking being hit in the face are ridiculous. He was clearly hit in the mouth by an elbow/arm. 
  • Options
    Yet another example of what a nonsense VAR is. If it's a foul by McTominay (which i don't think it is) he should get a 2nd yellow and be off, if not the Cavani goal should stand.
  • Options
    I actually enjoy the VAR madness, gets everyone riled up
  • Options
    Don’t think it’s a foul. 

Son makes a grab for McTominay who tries to bat him off and accidentally catches him in the face.

Son reacts like a baby.

By the way, a bit disappointing that nobody’s mentioned ‘Cavani’s movement’.
  • Options
    You can have accidental fouls, in fact you see them probably every game.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cavanni is brilliant 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Cavanni is brilliant 
    United look twice the team with him up instead of Martial
  • Options
    Pretty big result this, will be very difficult for Spurs to get Champions League football which could precipitate Kane (and possibly others, including the manager) leaving. 

Feels like Spurs had the opportunity to have won some trophies over the past few years and now that window is closing without any silverware to show for it.  
  • Options
    I know it's been done to death but if the players hate it, the managers hate it and the fans hate it, why are we persisting with VAR in the premier league? Is it to protect the officials?
  • Options
    I know it's been done to death but if the players hate it, the managers hate it and the fans hate it, why are we persisting with VAR in the premier league? Is it to protect the officials?
    Because the same players, managers and fans would also be moaning if we didn't have VAR

"That goal was offside, it was obvious from the replays why can't we change it"
    "That was a blatant kick, he should be sent off but the referee didn't see it and there's no way of going back"
    "A ridiculous penalty, the replay shows that the defender got the ball. I'm fed up of decisions going against us, we need technology to help the officials"
  • Options
    Because the same players, managers and fans would also be moaning if we didn't have VAR

"That goal was offside, it was obvious from the replays why can't we change it"
    "That was a blatant kick, he should be sent off but the referee didn't see it and there's no way of going back"
    "A ridiculous penalty, the replay shows that the defender got the ball. I'm fed up of decisions going against us, we need technology to help the officials"
    I think complaints might be less frequent now we know how bad the reality with technology is?
  • Options
    Technology is here to stay now, there’s no turning back. We need to learn to better integrate it into the game, we’re trying to apply technology to enforce rules (“laws”) that weren’t written with it in mind. 
  • Options
    Wasnt it also the Managers / Pundits etc who a few years ago were moaning that the technology was available so should be used

It was also between Aston Villa v Sheff Utd when everyone complained that VAR wasnt used to check the ball had crossed the line.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I think Var has, overall, been a success. The vast majority of the time Var results in the correct decision. When there is debate it is usually over subjective interpretation of the rules by the Var officials. The rules are being tweaked every season to try and reduce the scope for differing interpretations of the law. It will never be completely removed though. I think the off-side rule should be tweaked so that the line is based on the front foot of the attacking players and the back foot of the defenders. It means the Var refs only need to draw and refer to one line (no need to draw imaginary lines 2 or 3 feet above the ground to try and work out if an arm or finger renders a player offside) meaning the decision can be made more quickly.
  • Options
    VAR usually has one iffy decision in a weekend. 

Refs used to have multiple dodgy decisions every single televised game. 

VAR is clearly less wrong than the refs used to be. People forget, especially with crowds, how easily swayed refs were to give decisions to big teams due to the noise from players + crowds. At least now it's being decided by the actual incident. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Var has, overall, been a success. The vast majority of the time Var results in the correct decision. When there is debate it is usually over subjective interpretation of the rules by the Var officials. The rules are being tweaked every season to try and reduce the scope for differing interpretations of the law. It will never be completely removed though. I think the off-side rule should be tweaked so that the line is based on the front foot of the attacking players and the back foot of the defenders. It means the Var refs only need to draw and refer to one line (no need to draw imaginary lines 2 or 3 feet above the ground to try and work out if an arm or finger renders a player offside) meaning the decision can be made more quickly.
    It should be even simpler than that. If the lino flags and you need to start drawing lines to prove the lino wrong then you go with the on-field decision, Ditto if the lino doesn't flag.  But that, of courses would require the lino making a decision in a timely fashion, something the FA have been discouragingly more and more for at least 20 years.

If the lino flagged or indicated inside/offside early, VAR could complete it's check before anything of note happened and relay it's finding to the on-field officials before the crowd even knew VAR was involved.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Kin ell you lot can’t live near too many we won the World Cup West Ham fans 
    fcuk em
    Come on spurs close the gap !! 😳
    Reckon you've drawn a series of shorts straws with who you know mate, stuck with some right c*nts, because every Hammer and Spurs fans I know are good stock, with plenty of humility when discussing their own teams.

Anyone but the scousers for me!
  • Options
    There are a load of Spurs, Hammers and Scum fans living in Essex. Right now they are all saying.

"Shit Charlton won again. If they go up we'll have that cnut @oohaahmortimer chirping on at us about how they are back and they'll be taking 10000 to every away game like the last time they were in the Premier league" 
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Kin ell you lot can’t live near too many we won the World Cup West Ham fans 
    fcuk em
    Come on spurs close the gap !! 😳
    Reckon you've drawn a series of shorts straws with who you know mate, stuck with some right c*nts, because every Hammer and Spurs fans I know are good stock, with plenty of humility when discussing their own teams.

Anyone but the scousers for me!
    No one gives a fcuk about lickle old Charlton , they’re all good people and they would never rub my face in it nor me theirs (chance would be a fine thing )
    obviously scum fans there’s always a few piss taking remarks , even palace fans have given up goading me cos we’re so far below them .
    I just don’t like any set of fans being happy except us !!

• Options
    Mourinho is a gillet short of being Tim Sherwood.
  • Options
    I'd be surprised if Mourinho is still Spurs boss at the start of next season.  Not sure we'll see him in the premier league again
  • Options
    I had a 15 year or so period of hating West Ham for taking Defoe off us, then Palace were promoted to the PL and I remembered West Ham were ok and it is Palace I hate.
  • Options

That'll win the Spurs fans over  :D
  • Options
    Should increase their yellow and red card count.
  • Options
    Here's a new one for the VAR haters...

West Brom score against Southampton, gets ruled offside, yet the lines get drawn against the wrong scorer!!

Diagne (the guy who heads it in) in between the No.5 and the Southampton player