Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• i would love it if Kreamer sticks on a Charlton top to end it. 
    And swirls her scarf round in the air, whilst chanting "who are yuh who are yuh".
  • edited September 2020
    A week is fine. As I said earlier it's annoying, but a minor inconvenience.
    Assuming that the players we have lined up to come in are willing to have uncertain futures for another 7 days at least, and with doubt still hanging over their move overall. I would not really call it minor. 
  • CAST don’t seem too flustered...

• Not surprised. Typical Charlton.
  • Need EFL to come up to the plate and reject that outstanding appeal, methinks
    This in spades.

The EFL need a good kicking. Someone wake the fuckers up. 
  • The judge has effectively said that he doesn't believe Sandgaard's interest in buying Charlton will be affected by a short delay.
    Is he privy to the negotiations then? Stupid xunt
  • Getting a bit lost here...

...so, Club cannot be sold for 7 days pending it going to court of appeal (to decide whether Elliot can appeal or to actually overturn decision?). Can something happen in 7 days that would further delay TS buying club?
  • Be a real shame if Elliott broke his neck, I hate these slags with a passion.
    Calm down with these comments, remember this thread isnt members only
  • Sponsored links:

• What if the sale happened between the ruling last night and the injunction just now? 
  • J BLOCK said:
    So what do they hope to achieve in the next 7 days?
    that the Court of Appeal will give them the right to appeal the granting of an injuction to stop the sale. If the court of appeal refuse then sale can go ahead, if not they can appeal against the injuction ruling and if they win will likely get an injuction until the full hearing in November. 
  • What happens in the next 7 days then?

What happens after those 7 days are up? Do we go through the same scenario as today where Chaisty will obviously try to get another injunction?
    They will lodge an appeal with the court of appeal.  If the court of appeal thinks they have a case a judge will probably issue an injunction until its heard. 

Fwiw I suspect if the court of appeal agree to hear an appeal it will be settled out of court. 
  • Elliot, Farnell and Chaisty all need flowers 
  • A great day for the crooks and vermin that rape football clubs.
    Marvellous day in the career of the judge in facilitating the demise of a famous football club.
    Close the club down now. We are fucking cursed like no other club.
  • There is probably something that they will come up with on the 9th to prevent it further more . It’s bloody ridiculous 
    This. Even knowledge of a date at the court of appeals will mean they can grant extra time. 

It's an injunction and the judge has basically fully backtracked on his verdict yesterday. 
  • edited September 2020
    se9addick said:
    Isn’t it just a week to obtain leave to appeal? I.e. if that’s granted the potential delay would be significantly longer?
    An appeal which is highly unlikely to be successful, but the judge felt it fair to give Lex a week to attempt it
  • Getting a bit lost here...

...so, Club cannot be sold for 7 days pending it going to court of appeal (to decide whether Elliot can appeal or to actually overturn decision?). Can something happen in 7 days that would further delay TS buying club?
    Court of Appeal decides to hear case, I guess, and sets a date. 
  • It's not very satisfactory at all. But, put another way, should we prove to ultimately be successful then the clock and associated lawyers' fees will have racked up for another week for Farnell, Elliott etc etc!
  • Sponsored links:

• It’s a complete shit show . I’ve never known anything so complicated. I’m not even sure what has been delayed and why ? It’s a utter mess . 
  • Could be enough of a delay to lose Phillips and Matthews though.
  • The decision was made yesterday but then they were basically allowed to appeal to get it ammended today? Can they get a date in the court of appeal which will then delay the sale even further or will it be allowed to happen from the 9th? 
  • bobmunro said:
    J BLOCK said:
    So can someone explain what this means. What is going to happen in 7 days, another hearing or what? 
    Same hearing as yesterday but in the court of appeal I think
    No - Court of Appeal decide if they will give leave to appeal, as Pearce has himself refused them. So it's the same hearing as today, rather than yesterday.
    Thanks
  • se9addick said:
    Isn’t it just a week to obtain leave to appeal? I.e. if that’s granted the potential delay would be significantly longer?
    An appeal which is highly unlikely to be successful, but the judge felt it fair to give Lex a week to attempt it
    They don’t need the appeal to be successful, they just need leave to appeal to be granted and we are back where we were before yesterdays case and would need to wait until the full appeal is heard in November?
  • Does it mean that Sandgaard can still get things done behind the scenes?

So if Elliott loses, he's dealt with everyone that he's needed to, the paperwork is done / signed so can be announced?

If Elliott wins then everything done to date either gets put on hold or thrown in the bin?
  • J BLOCK said:
    So can someone explain what this means. What is going to happen in 7 days, another hearing or what? 
    Same hearing as yesterday but in the court of appeal I think
    I don't think there is an actual hearing but a Judge reviews the documentary evidence and decides.
  • se9addick said:
    tbf it's a fair decision, not long enough to really hugely impact the sale and throws out a bone to the douchebags at lex. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!