Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• se9addick said:
    why is this thread titled
    Trial scheduled wb 23/11/20” ?
    Thats the trial between Lex and Panorama, we wont be involved in that
    Ah ok, hope you’re right!
  • se9addick said:
    se9addick said:
    A week is fine. As I said earlier it's annoying, but a minor inconvenience.
    Isn’t it just a week to obtain leave to appeal? I.e. if that’s granted the potential delay would be significantly longer?
    An appeal which is highly unlikely to be successful, but the judge felt it fair to give Lex a week to attempt it
    They don’t need the appeal to be successful, they just need leave to appeal to be granted and we are back where we were before yesterdays case and would need to wait until the full appeal is heard in November?
    yes they are just after leave to appeal which if granted would allow them to appeal the injunction decision. I don't think it's a hearing but a Judge goes over documentary evidence and makes a decision, I think.
  • bobmunro said:
    J BLOCK said:
    So can someone explain what this means. What is going to happen in 7 days, another hearing or what? 
    Same hearing as yesterday but in the court of appeal I think
    No - Court of Appeal decide if they will give leave to appeal, as Pearce has himself refused them. So it's the same hearing as today, rather than yesterday.

@bobmunro Is it possible that the CoA say they will hear the appeal in 10 days, can the temporary injunction be appealed further or is 7 days concrete?
  • edited September 2020
    MarcusH26 said:
    This absolutely bizarre, what's with all the pathetic delaying tactics when there's a willing buyer waiting to complete? Another week without signings now too 
    It will be weeks. The EFL are unlikely to stop the embargo as soon as there is a takeover. They take weeks or months to make judgment on anything .
  • So, if I have this right.

PE wanted to stop the sale of the club so wants an injunction.

Injunction denied.

PE appeals that decision. 

Appeal denied.

Appeals the appeal to the Court of Appeal. 

Granted.

Why the feck not just go straight to the top in the first place.

I hasten to add I don't think the Court of Appeal is the furthest they can go. Royal Court of Justice ??
  • So yesterday we were surprised that the judge didn’t take into account the speculation that the club was about to be sold to TS. 

Today the judge has refused permission for the plaintiff to appeal his decision, but given the plaintiff wants to then appeal further to the Court of Appeal, the reports of an imminent takeover IS relevant and he will allow them an interim injunction for 7 days.

I am no expert but then shouldn’t the judge have taken this into account yesterday?
    It wasn't submitted in evidence yesterday.  The statement, used today, was made after last night. 

Everyone should have probably kept quite until after this hearing.  Including TS. 
  • I think everyone is jumping the gun a little. 
    They won't get an appeal heard in 7 days. 
    Week today I think Sandgaard will have a small window to buy the club between the end of a temporary induction and the apeal going ahead 
  • Chunes said:
    Essentially it could only be a 5-day delay, since the takeover was only expected to be complete by Friday at the very earliest.
    Yes, it's not as if TS was ready to go today
  • edited September 2020
    The judge has effectively said that he doesn't believe Sandgaard's interest in buying Charlton will be affected by a short delay.
    No but our season will be.

Less time to get new players in

The 5 players Bowyer has lined up may go elsewhere 

Matthews may go elsewhere.

Seriously what is the point in holding up the sale, all its gonna do is mess up our season 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    This absolutely bizarre, what's with all the pathetic delaying tactics when there's a willing buyer waiting to complete? Another week without signings now too 
    It will be weeks. The EFL are unlikely to stop the embargo as soon as there is a takeover. They take weeks or months to make judgment on anything .
    Well that'll depend on whether they've already approved Sandgaard

They may take three weeks in total to do that, so another lost week isnt making much difference
  • Sponsored links:

• Lex Dominus legal fees at £24k, doubled in the space of a few days. First statement was at £12,500. Kreamer notes that Chaisty more senior than her.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Shambolic. Do the EFL want their competitions ruined because for the second year running sides have to start the season playing kids? 
  • Lex Dominus costs were £42k before today’s hearing, says Kreamer.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Well that'll depend on whether they've already approved Sandgaard

They may take three weeks in total to do that, so another lost week isnt making much difference
    I've no idea whether Sandgaard can be approved before the takeover happens or not. Bowyer seemed to suggest he had players lined up to arrive, which implies there wouldn't be a 2 or 3 week delay after a takeover waiting for approval?
  • Can someone explain the varying part. Can it be extended? 
  • I think everyone is jumping the gun a little. 
    They won't get an appeal heard in 7 days. 
    Week today I think Sandgaard will have a small window to buy the club between the end of a temporary induction and the apeal going ahead 
    Would you spend millions of your own money whilst there’s still legal uncertainty over the ownership of the thing you’re buying?
  • It also gives the Turkish a bit longer to negotiate and complete Due Dilligence...
  • Sponsored links:

• There is probably something that they will come up with on the 9th to prevent it further more . It’s bloody ridiculous 
    This. Even knowledge of a date at the court of appeals will mean they can grant extra time. 

It's an injunction and the judge has basically fully backtracked on his verdict yesterday. 
    The week is to appeal to the court of appeal to get a date, not to have the actual hearing there. Any hearing would be months, even a year away

It's incredibly unlikely to be granted
    it's to appeal to the Court of Appeal to allow them to appeal the injunction decision

Injunction denied.

Appeal denied.

Granted.

I hasten to add I don't think the Court of Appeal is the furthest they can go. Royal Court of Justice ??
    The RCJ is the building where the Court of Appeal is based. 
  • Our friend John/Fred/itsagoldfinch has piped up on twitter...
  • Will we have the same judge next week. 
  • There is probably something that they will come up with on the 9th to prevent it further more . It’s bloody ridiculous 
    This. Even knowledge of a date at the court of appeals will mean they can grant extra time. 

It's an injunction and the judge has basically fully backtracked on his verdict yesterday. 
    The week is to appeal to the court of appeal to get a date, not to have the actual hearing there. Any hearing would be months, even a year away

it's to appeal to the Court of Appeal to allow them to appeal the injunction decision
    If court of appeal say they can appeal then will there be an additional injunction on top of the 7 days?

Injunction denied.

Appeal denied.

Granted.

Supreme Court next up from the Royal Courts . 
  • More stress for Bowyer then no transfers for another week, this season borderline a write off already, c*nts!!!!!!
    The season proper doesn't start until 2 days after the 9th. The transfer window is open for a month and a half still
    Would that be the 11th by any chance ? 

If they get a date does the injunction get extended?
    Yes, as I see it, otherwise no point of an appeal.

This is not just can kicking but pure hatred by PE. He has no interest in the club. I know this is an open forum but I seriously hope something bad happens to him one day.

If court of appeal say they can appeal then will there be an additional injunction on top of the 7 days?
    Surely not as it may as well be a proper injunction if so. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!