Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• I think everyone is jumping the gun a little. 
    They won't get an appeal heard in 7 days. 
    Week today I think Sandgaard will have a small window to buy the club between the end of a temporary induction and the apeal going ahead 
    the appeal isn't a hearing, a Judge reviews all the documentary evidence. If he decides to give them leave to appeal then I'd assume they'd ask for the temporary injunction to be extended.
  • There is probably something that they will come up with on the 9th to prevent it further more . It’s bloody ridiculous 
    This. Even knowledge of a date at the court of appeals will mean they can grant extra time. 

It's an injunction and the judge has basically fully backtracked on his verdict yesterday. 
    The week is to appeal to the court of appeal to get a date, not to have the actual hearing there. Any hearing would be months, even a year away

It's incredibly unlikely to be granted
    it's to appeal to the Court of Appeal to allow them to appeal the injunction decision
    The Court of Appeal won't examine the case next Wednesday

The week is to allow Lex to appeal to the Court of Appeal to get a hearing in the first place. The likelihood is that this will be rejected
  • I think everyone is jumping the gun a little. 
    They won't get an appeal heard in 7 days. 
    Week today I think Sandgaard will have a small window to buy the club between the end of a temporary induction and the apeal going ahead 
    Yup, my thinking exactly... Contract will be there now ready to sign 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    This absolutely bizarre, what's with all the pathetic delaying tactics when there's a willing buyer waiting to complete? Another week without signings now too 
    It will be weeks. The EFL are unlikely to stop the embargo as soon as there is a takeover. They take weeks or months to make judgment on anything .
    Exactly. 
    The EFL take longer to make a decision than ELF takes to have a shit 
  • So, if I have this right.

PE wanted to stop the sale of the club so wants an injunction.

Injunction denied.

PE appeals that decision. 

Appeal denied.

Appeals the appeal to the Court of Appeal. 

Granted.

Why the feck not just go straight to the top in the first place.

I hasten to add I don't think the Court of Appeal is the furthest they can go. Royal Court of Justice ??
    The RCJ is the building where the Court of Appeal is based. 
    Front row seats for me , thats where i work !
  • Chaisty asks for stay on costs pending a final determination based on an appeal, if allowed, as recovery from Panorama would be difficult if the decision was overturned.
  • The embargo is in because there isn't proof of funds, once that's satisfied they'll lift the embargo. 

• Could be enough of a delay to lose Phillips and Matthews though.
    As well as the 5-6 players Bowyer and Gallen have lined up. They may all decide to join someone else now. 
  • Will we have the same judge next week. 
    no, it's going to the Court of Appeal. No hearing, just a Judge reviewing the documentary evidence and deciding to allow the appeal or not.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is probably something that they will come up with on the 9th to prevent it further more . It’s bloody ridiculous 
    This. Even knowledge of a date at the court of appeals will mean they can grant extra time. 

It's an injunction and the judge has basically fully backtracked on his verdict yesterday. 
    The week is to appeal to the court of appeal to get a date, not to have the actual hearing there. Any hearing would be months, even a year away

it's to appeal to the Court of Appeal to allow them to appeal the injunction decision
    If court of appeal say they can appeal then will there be an additional injunction on top of the 7 days?
    I'd guess so, to allow the actual appeal to be heard
  • edited September 2020
    So, if I have this right.

PE wanted to stop the sale of the club so wants an injunction.

Injunction denied.

PE appeals that decision. 

Appeal denied.

Appeals the appeal to the Court of Appeal. 

Granted.

Why the feck not just go straight to the top in the first place.

I hasten to add I don't think the Court of Appeal is the furthest they can go. Royal Court of Justice ??
    The RCJ is the building where the Court of Appeal is based. 
    House of Lords, it won't get in front of the ECJ in time......

Sorry that was in answer to @golfaddick
  • So potentially they could make their appeal to the CoA tomorrow, presumably nothing is nailed down to happen in 7 days time, thats just a window for Elliott to make his appeal
  • MattF said:
    So potentially they could make their appeal to the CoA tomorrow, presumably nothing is nailed down to happen in 7 days time, thats just a window for Elliott to make his appeal
    They'll drag out the seven days... Of that I'm certain, whats in it for them to rush?
  • So what are all the possible outcomes over the next week?
  • so who pays legal costs to Panorama?
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    So what are all the possible outcomes over the next week?
    The crooks re negotiate who gets what.
  • Hearing is brought to a close by Judge Pearce.
  • RedJohn said:
    so who pays legal costs to Panorama?
    At the moment Lex I think, if they win their appeal then Panorama pay Lex
  • RedJohn said:
    That’s my understanding  

The week is to allow Lex to appeal to the Court of Appeal to get a hearing in the first place. The likelihood is that this will be rejected
    I wouldn't bet on it.......this us CAFC don't forget.

My betting is that the COA will grant an appeal & therefore the injunction will not only stay in force but will be extended until an appeal is heard, which could be months.

We are screwed. Anyone who thought Judge John Deed yesterday was on our side had better think again. Only needed a nudge from their lawyer today to get him to Google what's going on with regard to the takeover & he bends over & let's them shaft him. Would have been better yesterday to bring it all up then, even if you couldnt. 

The law is an ass 
  • stonemuse said:
    RedJohn said:
    That’s my understanding  
    so they think its a worth while gamble that this is settled before or they win? 

I wouldn't bet on it.......this us CAFC don't forget.

My betting is that the COA will grant an appeal & therefore the injunction will not only stay in force but will be extended until an appeal is heard, which could be months.

We are screwed. Anyone who thought Judge John Deed yesterday was on our side had better think again. Only needed a nudge from their lawyer today to get him to Google what's going on with regard to the takeover & he bends over & let's them shaft him. Would have been better yesterday to bring it all up then, even if you couldnt. 

The law is an ass 
    Was ridiculous that the judge let them ignore the takeover yesterday yet use it as evidence today

Nothing has changed despite MM's statement on the OS - It remains press speculation
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!