Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• Panorama seeking £25k costs. Chaisty saying VAT not included on their statement at end of August. He's questioning some of them.
  • J BLOCK said:
    So what do they hope to achieve in the next 7 days?
    that the Court of Appeal will give them the right to appeal the granting of an injuction to stop the sale. If the court of appeal refuse then sale can go ahead, if not they can appeal against the injuction ruling and if they win will likely get an injuction until the full hearing in November. 
    1st sentence is right. Not sure about the second. Court of appeal could decide whether injunction appropriate on an expediated hearing as per the case I linked to earlier. 

https://www.bailii.org/ew/cases/EWCA/Civ/2020/793.html

• PE must be looking to get dosh from TS in the next few days I guess.
  • Expect sangaard to be announced at 5pm next Wednesday

• This absolutely bizarre, what's with all the pathetic delaying tactics when there's a willing buyer waiting to complete? Another week without signings now too 
  • More stress for Bowyer then no transfers for another week, this season borderline a write off already, c*nts!!!!!!
    The season proper doesn't start until 2 days after the 9th. The transfer window is open for a month and a half still
  • Why every time something good happens we are met with a storm, literally each time.  I’m fed up honestly, this isn’t just a short term problem is it, cos between now and the start of the season would have been perfect time to announce signings in prep for the season but no we can’t even do that.  Bowyer patience wearing thin, and who knows I’m sure they’ll be some legal bollocks stopping it’s happening after the short term injunction, I really really cannot be fucked..
  • PE must be looking to get dosh from TS in the next few days I guess.
    That’s how I see it. 
  • So yesterday we were surprised that the judge didn’t take into account the speculation that the club was about to be sold to TS. 

Today the judge has refused permission for the plaintiff to appeal his decision, but given the plaintiff wants to then appeal further to the Court of Appeal, the reports of an imminent takeover IS relevant and he will allow them an interim injunction for 7 days.

I am no expert but then shouldn’t the judge have taken this into account yesterday?
  • Sponsored links:

• Getting a bit lost here...

...so, Club cannot be sold for 7 days pending it going to court of appeal (to decide whether Elliot can appeal or to actually overturn decision?). Can something happen in 7 days that would further delay TS buying club?
    that the Court of Appeal will give them the right to appeal the granting of an injunction to stop the sale. If the court of appeal refuse then sale can go ahead, if not they can appeal against the injunction ruling and if they win will likely get an injunction until the full hearing in November. 
  • Chaisty objecting to increase from £16k since original submission and highlighting individual items.
  • J BLOCK said:
    So can someone explain what this means. What is going to happen in 7 days, another hearing or what? 
    Same hearing as yesterday but in the court of appeal I think
    I don't think there is an actual hearing but a Judge reviews the documentary evidence and decides.
    That's right. 
  • se9addick said:
    A week is fine. As I said earlier it's annoying, but a minor inconvenience.
    Isn’t it just a week to obtain leave to appeal? I.e. if that’s granted the potential delay would be significantly longer?
    An appeal which is highly unlikely to be successful, but the judge felt it fair to give Lex a week to attempt it
    tbf it's a fair decision, not long enough to really hugely impact the sale and throws out a bone to the douchebags at lex. 
    It's not that though. They'll find something else and/or appeal to the court of the court of the appeals and if that doesnt work apply for a 7 day injunction whilst they appeal to the court of the court of the court of appeals.

It never ends.

I wish they had any moral compass and realised what they were doing to this community.
  • There is probably something that they will come up with on the 9th to prevent it further more . It’s bloody ridiculous 
    This. Even knowledge of a date at the court of appeals will mean they can grant extra time. 

It's an injunction and the judge has basically fully backtracked on his verdict yesterday. 
    The week is to appeal to the court of appeal to get a date, not to have the actual hearing there. Any hearing would be months, even a year away

It's incredibly unlikely to be granted
  • TS could still buy the club conditional on the outcome next week. Risky though.
  • edited September 2020

• CAFCsayer said:
    Expect sangaard to be announced at 5pm next Wednesday

Not a chance in hell . There will more delays and more delays . It’s a joke 
  • TS could still buy the club conditional on the outcome next week. Risky though.
    Naaah, he aint gonna do that.
  • Sponsored links:

• There is probably something that they will come up with on the 9th to prevent it further more . It’s bloody ridiculous 
    This. Even knowledge of a date at the court of appeals will mean they can grant extra time. 

It's an injunction and the judge has basically fully backtracked on his verdict yesterday. 
    The week is to appeal to the court of appeal to get a date, not to have the actual hearing there. Any hearing would be months, even a year away

It's incredibly unlikely to be granted
    If they get a date does the injunction get extended?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    This absolutely bizarre, what's with all the pathetic delaying tactics when there's a willing buyer waiting to complete? Another week without signings now too 
    ESI1 and ESI2 fighting over who gets TS money.
  • Yet another week goes by with our transfer embargo in place. 
    Fuck off Elliott and die a painful death you corrupt peice of shit.
    Just sell the club and Fuck off.
  • My hunch is that the Judge thinks the crooks should split their ill gotten gains between them and fuck off.
    To my mind, Nemer and Elliott must have agreed this in the first place - hence the deal for Elliott to buy for a £1.
    Nemer then sees the opportunity to keep all the money himself by cutting out Elliott and doing a deal himself - which I guess nets him more money than he would have got from Elliott.
    Elliott gets his investment back and a three way split after costs.
  • edited September 2020
    why is this thread titled
    Trial scheduled wb 23/11/20” ?
  • So yesterday we were surprised that the judge didn’t take into account the speculation that the club was about to be sold to TS. 

Today the judge has refused permission for the plaintiff to appeal his decision, but given the plaintiff wants to then appeal further to the Court of Appeal, the reports of an imminent takeover IS relevant and he will allow them an interim injunction for 7 days.

I am no expert but then shouldn’t the judge have taken this into account yesterday?
    exactly
  • Does the judge feel it's only right to allow Crooks2 time to recover their money from Crooks1?
  • PopIcon said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    This absolutely bizarre, what's with all the pathetic delaying tactics when there's a willing buyer waiting to complete? Another week without signings now too 
    ESI1 and ESI2 fighting over who gets TS money.
    That’s exactly what it is and they do not give a fuck for collateral damage 
  • se9addick said:
    why is this thread titled
    Trial scheduled wb 23/11/20” ?
    Thats the trial between Lex and Panorama, we wont be involved in that
  • Essentially it could only be a 5-day delay, since the takeover was only expected to be complete by Friday at the very earliest.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!