Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ESI 1 v ESI 2 - Initial Hearing 01-02/09/2020, Court of Appeal 17/09/2020 (p127)

Comments

• edited September 2020
    So Chaisty won that one, but it feels like he is 1-0 up in injury time of the second leg, having gone down 3-0 in the first. 

I'm guessing as a consequence of today there won't be so much in the public domain from the club or TS over the next week. 
  • Stig said:
    limeygent said:
    This is on Farnell's Facebook page.

I have nothing but contempt for anyone who would post such a shitty, condescending, self-congratulatory meme. And that's before considering that it looks a bit too Millwall for my liking.

I can't possibly commit to type what I hope happens to Farnell.
    His wife is safe tonight then
  • stonemuse said:
    RedJohn said:
    so who pays legal costs to Panorama?
    At the moment Lex I think, if they win their appeal then Panorama pay Lex
    That’s my understanding  
    so they think its a worth while gamble that this is settled before or they win? 
    The longer they delay, the more chance they believe they have of getting part of Sandgaard’s money. 
  • I've had enough of this already, how people do it is beyond me. 
  • Well I'm not going to sleep for a week then, have no trust in the Court of Appeal to refuse them
  • Stig said:
    limeygent said:
    This is on Farnell's Facebook page.

I have nothing but contempt for anyone who would post such a shitty, condescending, self-congratulatory meme. And that's before considering that it looks a bit too Millwall for my liking.

I can't possibly commit to type what I hope happens to Farnell.
    He's getting struck off in the morning. 
  • The judge has effectively said that he doesn't believe Sandgaard's interest in buying Charlton will be affected by a short delay.
    No but our season will be.

Less time to get new players in

The 5 players Bowyer has lined up may ho elsewhere 

Matthews may go elsewhere.

Seriously what is the point in holding up the sale, all its gonna do is mess up our season 
    This, this week was massive regarding the squad and it’s gone now, Bowyer still toying between which under 17 will make the bench at crewe, this week injunction could set us back a season or two, you might think I’m being dramatic, but we now start the season with our worst squad for years.
    It really doesn't

There will still be 40 games to go by the time the window closes. And then there's the January window

We couldn't fill our bench when we played Sunderland 2 years ago, but brought in several players after the season started

Only difference between this year and that is the fact we had quite a balanced squad to put out against Sunderland

This time we're badly short in Defence, you'd hope that against Crewe, Doncaster, Lincoln the team should be good enough

At least its not as tough a start as it was facing Sunderland, Peterborough, Shrewsbury
  • scumbags the lot of them....will get their comeuppance 
  • Has LK commented on what this means?
  • The judge has effectively said that he doesn't believe Sandgaard's interest in buying Charlton will be affected by a short delay.

Seriously what is the point in holding up the sale, all its gonna do is mess up our season 
    This, this week was massive regarding the squad and it’s gone now, Bowyer still toying between which under 17 will make the bench at crewe, this week injunction could set us back a season or two, you might think I’m being dramatic, but we now start the season with our worst squad for years.
    It really doesn't

There will still be 40 games to go by the time the window closes. And then there's the January window

We couldn't fill our bench when we played Sunderland 2 years ago, but brought in several players after the season started

Let’s take the Rose tints off for a sec, what bowyer did 18/19 was borderline miraculous.  And he didn’t have a transfer embargo.

This was the week to get the squad ready (remember we had 5/6 waiting to be confirmed) and now it will not be ready, simple as that. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    So, if I have this right.

PE wanted to stop the sale of the club so wants an injunction.

Injunction denied.

PE appeals that decision. 

Appeal denied.

Appeals the appeal to the Court of Appeal. 

Granted.

Why the feck not just go straight to the top in the first place.

I hasten to add I don't think the Court of Appeal is the furthest they can go. Royal Court of Justice ??
    The RCJ is the building where the Court of Appeal is based. 
    House of Lords, it won't get in front of the ECJ in time......

Sorry that was in answer to @golfaddick
    Yep, thought there was another strand to it all. Got an O level in Economic & Public Affairs 37 years ago but couldnt remember what was next after COA. 
  • I don't normally have a lot of time for judges. 
    But I'm loving him.
    Changed me mind he's the same as the rest of the pricks 
  • Chaisty went from arguing yesterday that there was no evidence of an imminent sale of #CAFC so no detriment from an injunction to pointing to media reports today that a sale was imminent meaning his client’s right to apply to appeal needed protection.
    This is what makes me fear for the appeal being successful.
  • Chaisty went from arguing yesterday that there was no evidence of an imminent sale of #CAFC so no detriment from an injunction to pointing to media reports today that a sale was imminent meaning his client’s right to apply to appeal needed protection.
    Which is exactly why the judge should have told him to piss off 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Injunction denied.

Appeal denied.

Granted.

I hasten to add I don't think the Court of Appeal is the furthest they can go. Royal Court of Justice ??

Yep, thought there was another strand to it all. Got an O level in Economic & Public Affairs 37 years ago but couldnt remember what was next after COA. 
    Elliott has no choice but to push it all the way ... he is seriously in debt now 
  • So we now have an injunction that prevents the sale of the club until 4pm next Wednesday - unless either side succeed in an application to vary it in the meantime. I can’t see the latter.

It really doesn't

Let’s take the Rose tints off for a sec, what bowyer did 18/19 was borderline miraculous.  And he didn’t have a transfer embargo.

This was the week to get the squad ready (remember we had 5/6 waiting to be confirmed) and now it will not be ready, simple as that. 
    Of course it's not good news, but a delay of a few days is annoying rather than a catastrophe. It's not as the takeover was likely to happen before Friday at the earliest
  • What does this mean for the TS deal? 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Injunction denied.

Appeal denied.

Granted.

Nope.  The Supreme Court replaced the House of Lords as the final arbiters in 2009.
  • Sponsored links:

• The judge has given them seven days  to seek permission from the Court of Appeal to allow them to lodge an appeal. This will be one appeal judge hearing from a QC that another judge has misled himself to sufficiently misinterpret the situation in the decision he came to.  Most of these fail since it is unusual  for  the appeal court judge to try and second guess the  original judge. However, Judge Pearce did not give them the right to appeal to himself  which means he has stood by his decision but has given Chaisty a chance to appeal to seek the right to appeal from another judge, but this must be heard within the seven days. Judge Pearce gave as part of his reasoning  yesterday that the club itself was at risk if he granted their injuction. This will be noted by the appeal court jusge deciding whether to give Lex Dominus  the right to appeal to the Court of Appeal (three judges sitting in several months time). However I think it may be possible for the appeal court judge to grant them right to an appeal but not extend the injunction on the grounds of the damage that would likely cause.

My guess is that  this is buying time for his client to try and secure a payment from Sandgaaed to go away. Unintentional legalised blackmail?
    Problem is the COA judge is most likely some old duffer who has no knowledge or interest in football, the transfer system or even that we could get thrown out of the League if we dont get funding. That will all pass him by. He'll mutter to himself for 10 mins & then grant the appeal on the basis that " the old fellow was done over by that pretty young thing & her presence put off poor old Judge Pearce - poor bloke didn't know if he coming or going & obviously made the wrong call. Cant have young filly's winning cases you know.....not good for the old boys club. Appeal granted" 

It really doesn't

Of course it's not good news, but a delay of a few days is annoying rather than a catastrophe. It's not as the takeover was likely to happen before Friday at the earliest
    I'd even question if the takeover was going to happen this week

I trust the sources of FlyingKiwiDK and DubaiCAFC but TS has said for the last three weeks that he's hoped to get a deal across the line each week
  • edited September 2020
    bobmunro said:
    Mohamed el Kasahasly is in the meeting, sound familiar but can't remember which side he's on

He's very likely to be the man Elliot will owe the money to - so not on our side at the moment but may well be on our side eventually. My enemy's enemy and all that.
    Nah am alright thanks!! - Once this is all done I dont want to hear any of these names again

Not even along the lines of 'Mr and Mrs Mouthall have divorced after her house was reposessed to pay off his creditors'?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Yet another week goes by with our transfer embargo in place. 
    Fuck off Elliott and die a painful death you corrupt peice of shit.

If he’s closed down and asset stripped a girls‘ boarding school he won’t bat an eyelid at destroying an historic London club to make himself a few million quid. I suspect he has a personality disorder. 
    Psychopath. 
    We've already discussed this, this is my department and please don't lump me in with those wankers, @JamesSeed
  • Hearing is brought to a close by Judge Pearce.
    Thanks for the updates, though it was difficult to follow them inbetween all the speculation.
    😉
  • Thanks for sharing the updates again @ForeverAddickted
  • I have no idea what's going on, i've never felt so stupid in my life!
  • Valley11 said:
    What does this mean for the TS deal? 
    Nobody can possibly answer that.
  • Hearing is brought to a close by Judge Pearce.
    Thanks for the updates, though it was difficult to follow them inbetween all the speculation.
    😉
    I'll put them in bold next time as well - Might help a bit more :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!