Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    Good luck to MB. I wish him all the best. Can't argue with the deal at all and although he did exceed expectations in his first season with us, I had doubts that he would score freely this season. Felt he would struggle and we end up with a fringe player who would never be worth anywhere near 2 mil. 
  • Options
    mixed feelings on this, why is still nothing simple at our club even now..

He was like a pencil that still needed sharpening, a project for sure but thats what football should be about at CAFC

In Bowyer we trust (of course)
  • Options
    We are assuming none of the fee goes to Orient then ?
  • Options
    razil said:

He was like a pencil that still needed sharpening, a project for sure but thats what football should be about at CAFC

If he does not want to stay then there's no point 
  • Options
    My initial impression of him was no great pace, no trick, no particular aerial threat, and not a hold-up man.

An ability to find some space and slot the odd well taken goal gradually did become apparent.

I never saw fit to amend my initial impression of the fundamentals though.

Why he stayed on the pitch for the full 90 minutes in nearly every game will remain a mystery to me.
    There wasn't any option. We either played Bonne or some spotty 17 year old kid from the youth team.
  • Options
    bowyer publicly criticised the chances he kept missing at the back end of last year - manager's don't usually do that if they think the player is going to be around long term - i'm happy with this deal and so is bowyer which is what really matters  
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    razil said:

I agree. But we seem to be on some sort of express train now to get out of this league and beyond.
    I think it's a possibility that Bowyer has weighed up the amount of work needed to get him to a certain level won't be at the pace the club needs.

A 800% profit on something you bought just over a year ago may also have something to do with it.
  • Options
    Good luck Macauley, at least he tried for us and didn't demand a move.
    Not sure if this is tongue in cheek because LB virtually said the opposite. Said Bonne went in to speak to SG & said that he'd heard that QPR wanted him & he wanted to go. 
    He asked for a move but accepted Gallen's explanation that he'd only be sold for the right price

People probably wont agree but I dont see that as demanding
  • Options
    Good luck Macauley, at least he tried for us and didn't demand a move.
    Not sure if this is tongue in cheek because LB virtually said the opposite. Said Bonne went in to speak to SG & said that he'd heard that QPR wanted him & he wanted to go. 
    He asked for a move but accepted Gallen's explanation that he'd only be sold for the right price

People probably wont agree but I dont see that as demanding
    Because people expect more loyalty from
    footballers than any of us would give ourselves.  I kind of get that when you are looking at the difference between 150k per week and 200k, but at the level of where we are , when the players make good money compared to the man on the street, but not the spectacular sums, I don’t blame them at all for suggesting that they might want to move .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonne's League stats for this season:
    Start minutes: 299, played 3 games without being subbed
    Fouls: 5
    Cards: none
    Shots on goal: 1
    Shots blocked: none
    Shots missed: 4
    Goals: none
    Is that right?

On that basis we should have been looking forward to about 15 shots on goal this season, which will take some replacing!
  • Options
    Puts this deal into context...

• Options
    My initial impression of him was no great pace, no trick, no particular aerial threat, and not a hold-up man.

An ability to find some space and slot the odd well taken goal gradually did become apparent.

I never saw fit to amend my initial impression of the fundamentals though.

Why he stayed on the pitch for the full 90 minutes in nearly every game will remain a mystery to me.
    There wasn't any option. We either played Bonne or some spotty 17 year old kid from the youth team.
    Kind of put's it into perspective doesn't it, even when he had
    what was an open door to the first team, still couldn't perform
    consistently 
  • Options
    Macauley, Gone gone gone !
  • Options
    Puts this deal into context...

Heard he was after Bonne, but shat himself on the way down to The Valley to give him a once over.

WAR are ready and waiting for him.
  • Options
    Officially the fee is "undisclosed", Richard Cawley reports "around £2 mil, really?
    My gut feeling is no way is that the cash fee. With lots of add on's maybe.
     I doubt we got more than £1 mil.    
  • Options
    Officially the fee is "undisclosed", Richard Cawley reports "around £2 mil, really?
    My gut feeling is no way is that the cash fee. With lots of add on's maybe.
     I doubt we got more than £1 mil.    
    That’s the spirit!
  • Options
    Thomas wants us to go up and the only way to do that is score goals and win games.
    i thought Bonne and Maddison may have been a good potential partnership, now we won’t know.
    we need a striker and I do hope selling Bonne does not prove to be a premature decision!!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    1968CAFC said:
    Thomas wants us to go up and the only way to do that is score goals and win games.
    i thought Bonne and Maddison may have been a good potential partnership, now we won’t know.
    we need a striker and I do hope selling Bonne does not prove to be a premature decision!!
    I think Bowyer was pretty clear that he didn't see Bonne as the right person to be putting Maddison's chances away. Even if he stayed he likely would not be starting when we sign these strikers.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    We now have the personnel for a full Barcelona 4-6-0 system.

Goalie
    Defence
    Oztumer Williams Levitt Maddison Vennings Doughty

Anything other than this and I will be disappointed

This almost happened btw! 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    On the bench for QPR today @ Sheffield Wednesday

Can redeem himself in a way by ensuring those bastards dont get any points
  • Options
    He is on with QPR behind
  • Options