Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said:

@paulie8290 LB said he was looking for a starting striker as we miss too many chances. He said it a few times while Bonne was here. Given he decided to sell him that pretty much cements it. 
    He probably knew Bonne was off at that point as well, remember QPR first come in for him a few weeks ago and his head was turned, Bonne probably said to Bowyer he wanted to go and Bowyer said if they reach our valuation u can go.

Then Bowyer says he is looking for a starting striker without alerting fans that Bonne was probably gonna leave at that stage 
    That's all conjecture, though. What we do know is what Bowyer has said and has always said about Bonne. And also that 2 mil was "too good to turn down."
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    One goal. Doesn’t make our business wrong nor does it make him an amazing player.

Let’s see what he does this season. Either way, it wasn’t working for him here and I have nothing against him if he does well at QPR
    Was that really the case? Especially after only 3 matches

It's not as if the rest of the team were creating chance after chance, and him missing them was the sole reason why we weren't winning matches. Danny Graham's miss today was far worse than any of Bonne's misses
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

@paulie8290 LB said he was looking for a starting striker as we miss too many chances. He said it a few times while Bonne was here. Given he decided to sell him that pretty much cements it. 
    He probably knew Bonne was off at that point as well, remember QPR first come in for him a few weeks ago and his head was turned, Bonne probably said to Bowyer he wanted to go and Bowyer said if they reach our valuation u can go.

Then Bowyer says he is looking for a starting striker without alerting fans that Bonne was probably gonna leave at that stage 
    That's all conjecture, though. What we do know is what Bowyer has said and has always said about Bonne. And also that 2 mil was "too good to turn down."
    But surely so is your point saying he wasn't going to be first choice here, even if Bonne stayed and Bowyer was looking for a new striker maybe he was going to play them both upfront together no one knows.

• Options
    Chunes said:
    it’s almost like a bunch of random people sat at home calling him useless don’t know what they’re talking about. Shocked i say. 
    Thank god we didnt have him today eh!!... Would have been his fault we didnt score

Oh but we're just his fan club and know shit!!!!
    Fuck me... It was the same when he was here. He'd play absolute shite, miss 3 open goals, but then he'd score one and the Bonne fan club would be on here going WE FUCKING TOLD YA SO WE BOODY TOLD YAAAAA
    But he wasnt good enough for the Championship was he... Was shit for us in League One too

Now well and behold he's gone back to the Championship and is surprise surprise scoring goals whilst we're left even more toothless - Whats going to be your excuse @Chunes if he keeps on scoring and gets back into double figures again this season or will it be the typical: "Oh he could have done that for us" excuse?

He's effectively been scapegoated like Simon Francis was for us!! - How did his career work out after he left when it was "thank god we got rid of him"
    Your endless positivity is borderline weird, have you ever criticised a player?
    I dont get the fascination with criticising individuals to be completely honest!!

If I have something bad to say about someone I actually try to keep it to myself as dont think it helps in any shape or form - Ironically at half-time today I questioned if we're doing the right thing by trying to accomodate Doughty in the team or whether we should be leaving him out of the team and thinking about the whole squad as a collective, but guess thats still too positive for you?

Either way whats wrong with being positive in life, are you jealous - Is yours so shite and negative that you have to take the piss out of someone with a bright outlook on things?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

But surely so is your point saying he wasn't going to be first choice here, even if Bonne stayed and Bowyer was looking for a new striker maybe he was going to play them both upfront together no one knows.

Not really, Paulie. Let's leave it there. 
  • Options
    Further to that @CAFCSinger my sister deals with health issues so can see first hand what being negative can do to someone and how it wears someone down...

Its another reason why I insist on being positive about nearly eveything in life

So many people in my life have shit going on that they need at least one person to brighten things up so try to ensure I'm that person

Or do you think I'm wrong and still being weird?
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

So your comment saying Bonne wouldn't be a starter is accurate because you know.

But my comment is conjecture

Ok its official @Chunes is obviously Lee Bowyer as he clearly knows what Bowyer was planning to dk
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    its a pleasure to have you on here Lee
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

So your comment saying Bonne wouldn't be a starter is accurate because you know.

Ok its official @Chunes is obviously Lee Bowyer as he clearly knows what Bowyer was planning to dk
    It was obviously a discussion going nowhere so I thought let's agree to disagree. No need to be a prat about it. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

another one getting really wound up. Calm down, Christ.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

It was obviously a discussion going nowhere so I thought let's agree to disagree. No need to be a prat about it. 
    I agree with you that what I said was conjecture but when I said what you said is also conjecture as no one will really know other than Bowyer you wont agree to that.

You cant be certain Bonne a player who scored 11 goals in 33 league games last season wouldnt be a starter in the league below.
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Difficult to talk when you constantly refer to anyone who defends Bonne as being in his fan club?
  • Options
    Good for him. One goal doesn’t necessarily mask the other failings in his game that have drawn criticism though.

Hope it works out for him though, seems a nice enough lad. 

First and foremost he's a Striker so he's there to score goals anything else is a bonus

Too many people try and turn football into a complicated game these days!!
    In the 1970s maybe. The modern game demands much more of strikers than just scoring goals. 
  • Options
    His goal cost me a ton on my acca today - f**k sake 

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Difficult to talk when you constantly refer to anyone who defends Bonne as being in his fan club?
    Sorry, I didn't realise that was an insult
  • Options
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Sorry, I didn't realise that was an insult
    Where is Paulie insulting you?
  • Options
    Further to that @CAFCSinger my sister deals with health issues so can see first hand what being negative can do to someone and how it wears someone down...

Its another reason why I insist on being positive about nearly eveything in life

So many people in my life have shit going on that they need at least one person to brighten things up so try to ensure I'm that person

Christ i’ll refrain from making any comments replying to you in the future as you appear to take it so personally. Its a football forum. I try to be balanced, praising someone for the sake of is not something i do personally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He’ll score more goals in the Championship than any of our players this season.
    Tongue in cheek because he's the only one in the Championship or do you mean he'll score more goals than any of our players will do in League One?
  • Options
    edited October 2020

Christ i’ll refrain from making any comments replying to you in the future as you appear to take it so personally. Its a football forum. I try to be balanced, praising someone for the sake of is not something i do personally.
    Well I took it personally @CAFCSinger when you decided to call me weird (Of course thats not the most hurtful of insults to use, but it still pissed me off when you claim to be an expert on me) so thought you deserved a proper lesson as to why I am so positive, not everything is as it appears, remember that!!

Shame you had to use that approach when you could have asked me without any insults as to why I'm so positive towards everything

To say this is just a Football Forum is extremely narrow minded, especially when there is such a variety of topics that get talked about on here
  • Options
    Whatever his ability, the fact is that, as a team in in the last 16 league games, the whole of the rest of the squad has managed just 6 goals in total whilst Bonne has scored 4 times himself. A paltry 4 shots from us today, of which not one was on target, rather reflects our inability to create chances. Derek Hales, Darren Bent or Clive Mendonca would all struggle to score the way we have been playing.
  • Options

Yeah @ForeverAddickted why did you take someone personally calling you weird so personal 

• Options
    I reckon players know they instantly become Charlton legends when they leave. On this forum at least.
  • Options
    He’ll score more goals in the Championship than any of our players this season.
    Tongue in cheek because he's the only one in the Championship or do you mean he'll score more goals than any of our players will do in League One?
    The former.