Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    Absolute steal at 2 million!!!
  • Options
    12th Championship goal... doesn’t that put him ahead of Lyle now?
  • Options
    it’s almost like a bunch of random people sat at home calling him useless don’t know what they’re talking about. Shocked i say. 
  • Options
    Pleased for Bonne, to score on debut for QPR.I liked him as a player. Always put every thing into for us. Was sorry to see sold hom, but except we need the money.
  • Options
    it’s almost like a bunch of random people sat at home calling him useless don’t know what they’re talking about. Shocked i say. 
    Thank god we didnt have him today eh!!... Would have been his fault we didnt score

Oh but we're just his fan club and know shit!!!!
  • Options
    msomerton said:
    Pleased for Bonne, to score on debut for QPR.I liked him as a player. Always put every thing into for us. Was sorry to see sold hom, but except we need the money.
    Bowyer has been saying all week we dont need the money hence why we've been constantly knocking back bids!!
  • Options
    Good for him. One goal doesn’t necessarily mask the other failings in his game that have drawn criticism though.

Hope it works out for him though, seems a nice enough lad. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    A dream start for Bonne, that first goal is crucial for the confidence of any striker
  • Options
    Good for him. One goal doesn’t necessarily mask the other failings in his game that have drawn criticism though.

Hope it works out for him though, seems a nice enough lad. 

First and foremost he's a Striker so he's there to score goals anything else is a bonus

Too many people try and turn football into a complicated game these days!!
  • Options
    We’ve had some proper shit score on their debut over the years.
  • Options
    He scored on his home league debut for us with a goal off his arse, people are still now saying he's shit. Their fans will think he's hot shit at the monent, but after a run of games who knows what they'll make of him
  • Options
    He probably missed three sitters before the goal though...  ;)

• Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said:
    Thank god we didnt have him today eh!!... Would have been his fault we didnt score

Fuck me... It was the same when he was here. He'd play absolute shite, miss 3 open goals, but then he'd score one and the Bonne fan club would be on here going WE FUCKING TOLD YA SO WE BOODY TOLD YAAAAA
    But he wasnt good enough for the Championship was he... Was shit for us in League One too

Now well and behold he's gone back to the Championship and is surprise surprise scoring goals whilst we're left even more toothless - Whats going to be your excuse @Chunes if he keeps on scoring and gets back into double figures again this season or will it be the typical: "Oh he could have done that for us" excuse?

He's effectively been scapegoated like Simon Francis was for us!! - How did his career work out after he left when it was "thank god we got rid of him"
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he gets 10 goals for QPR this season I will willingly give a donation to the upbeats. 

He ain't good enough 
    He will get 10+ no question 
    I beg to differ 
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said:
    Chunes said:

Fuck me... It was the same when he was here. He'd play absolute shite, miss 3 open goals, but then he'd score one and the Bonne fan club would be on here going WE FUCKING TOLD YA SO WE BOODY TOLD YAAAAA
    But he wasnt good enough for the Championship was he... Was shit for us in League One too

Now well and behold he's gone back to the Championship and is surprise surprise scoring goals whilst we're left even more toothless - Whats going to be your excuse @Chunes if he keeps on scoring and gets back into double figures again this season or will it be the typical: "Oh he could have done that for us" excuse?

He's effectively been scapegoated like Simon Francis was for us!! - How did his career work out after he left when it was "thank god we got rid of him"
    What are you on about? Why would I need an excuse. He's not our player anymore. He wanted to leave. He wasn't going to be first choice. He went to a club in a higher division. He didn't leave because me or some other people on here thought he wasn't good enough

Have a cup of tea will you 
    I don't agree with that.

If we didn't sell him and only got a young prem loan in for example then are attackers would have been

Bonne
    Washington 
    Aneke
    Prem loan
    Davison

Bonne would definitely have been first choice 

Bonne and Washington in a front 2 or Bonne with Maddison and Washington out wide in a 4-3-3

But either way Bonne would have been a started for us
  • Options
    edited October 2020

@paulie8290 LB said he was looking for a starting striker as we miss too many chances. He said it a few times while Bonne was here. Given he decided to sell him that pretty much cements it. 
  • Options
    Chunes said:

@paulie8290 LB said he was looking for a starting striker as we miss too many chances. He said it a few times while Bonne was here. Given he decided to sell him that pretty much cements it. 
    He probably knew Bonne was off at that point as well, remember QPR first come in for him a few weeks ago and his head was turned, Bonne probably said to Bowyer he wanted to go and Bowyer said if they reach our valuation u can go.

Then Bowyer says he is looking for a starting striker without alerting fans that Bonne was probably gonna leave at that stage 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Huh Bonne gets service. Bonne scores.
    Just think what could have been with Bonne and Maddison(when Maddison is fully fit)
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Chunes said: