Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    If it hadn't been for the way he left, I'd take him back in a heart beat. He's exactly what we are missing at the moment
    I said that to my son yesterday whilst watching the game. At the time I wasn’t particularly bothered that he went. Obviously a massive improvement on Bogle, but he could conjure up a goal - admittedly he missed a lot of decent chances, but he was getting in the positions to miss and he would gamble - our current strikers do not do that. League 1 is certainly his level at the moment - can’t help thinking that he would have thrived on Maddison’s delivery. 
    I think that’s the thing - Bonne needed a few chances for each one he scored and we don’t really create much at the moment. Once Maddison is fully up to speed, and his cameo yesterday suggests he’s getting there, then it could have been a good opportunity for a striker like Bonne. 

Anyway he’s gone now, no chance he’s coming back, so we have to hope that Ronnie Schwartz is superior to all the other strikers mentioned on this thread!!
  • Options
    Bonne did hit some nice goals for us last year but.....he missed some real sitters and if he had scored just one of them we would have stayed up. Yes, Gallon definitely took QPR's pants down.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    If it hadn't been for the way he left, I'd take him back in a heart beat. He's exactly what we are missing at the moment
    We have one striker who has scored 2 goals in 14 appearances.  Are we really missing a striker who has scored 2 goals in 16 appearances?
  • Options
    We have one striker who has scored 2 goals in 14 appearances.  Are we really missing a striker who has scored 2 goals in 16 appearances?
    Bogle is playing for a top 6 side in L1
    Bonne is playing for a struggling side in the Championship, whose most creative player Osayi-Samuel wants out
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Chunes said:
    If he was as good as people think he is, he would be scoring this year. It's not like he isn't getting chances at QPR, he's missing them from 2-yards out. Which sounds very familiar. They clearly can't stand him over there because apart from showing up in the box his actual footballing ability is so poor. 

We got a fantastic price for him. 
    But we replaced him with dross.  I don’t long for Bonne; he scored quite a few goals and played pretty well between October and January, but he’s definitely better than what we have now (bar made of glass Chuks) .

by the way, I know we were bargain shopping - I don’t blame SG and LB for whom we bought . 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    wmcf123 said:
    Chunes said:
    If he was as good as people think he is, he would be scoring this year. It's not like he isn't getting chances at QPR, he's missing them from 2-yards out. Which sounds very familiar. They clearly can't stand him over there because apart from showing up in the box his actual footballing ability is so poor. 

We got a fantastic price for him. 
    But we replaced him with dross.  I don’t long for Bonne; he scored quite a few goals and played pretty well between October and January, but he’s definitely better than what we have now (bar made of glass Chuks) 
    You misjudged Chuks last year and and I think you're misjudging Bonne now. Not better than what we have for me. Let's see where he is in a few years. He can't play football. 
  • Options
    Suprised out of our former strikers last year Bonne is currently generating more conversation then Taylor. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    Wonder if his gobby bird and agent are piping up on twitter? 

Enjoy the splinters Macauley
    This is such a weird mindset. Are you ok?
    Fine fella. Why would I feel sorry for someone who made silly comments when he left and his bird rubbed it in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yes, because Bonne is twice the player Bogle is. Mind you, so Is Mrs Ottos 88 year old Nan. 
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Fine fella. Why would I feel sorry for someone who made silly comments when he left and his bird rubbed it in. 
    I don't think you have to feel sorry for him but you have to admit it's a bit weird to be coming onto this thread just to spray abuse at a former player (that he's not even going to read). I don't really understand why you'd take so much enjoyment from things not going great for him at QPR. I don't even think he made silly comments when he left, he basically said a version of 'when QPR wanted to sign me I decided I wanted to go to QPR'. I really can't understand how Charlton fans' egos are bruised by a players wanting to play in the Championship instead of League One. It's all very strange.
    I find it strange that you’re moaning on a forum about someone who has a different opinion to you. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to open the thread. 

My ego isn’t bruised, I’m just glad he’s doing poor after the way he left us. If you can’t wrap your head around that, then that’s an issue for you.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

I don't think you have to feel sorry for him but you have to admit it's a bit weird to be coming onto this thread just to spray abuse at a former player (that he's not even going to read). I don't really understand why you'd take so much enjoyment from things not going great for him at QPR. I don't even think he made silly comments when he left, he basically said a version of 'when QPR wanted to sign me I decided I wanted to go to QPR'. I really can't understand how Charlton fans' egos are bruised by a players wanting to play in the Championship instead of League One. It's all very strange.
    I find it strange that you’re moaning on a forum about someone who has a different opinion to you. If you don’t like it, you don’t have to open the thread. 

My ego isn’t bruised, I’m just glad he’s doing poor after the way he left us. If you can’t wrap your head around that, then that’s an issue for you. 

Very strange
    Come now, you're jumping onto the Bonne thread three months after he left to have a dig at him, his girlfriend and his agent because he said he was happy to join his new club. At least have the guts to admit that he hurt your feelings. Own it. You're welcome to your different opinion, I never said you weren't. I just said being glad he isn't doing well is strange, which I stand by given that you haven't been able to explain to me how it's anything else. Carry on.
  • Options
    I liked Bonne when he came in when Taylor got injured  , but he wasn't great after he got injured around Christmas last year . I don't really give a shit how he does at QPR .
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Very strange
    Come now, you're jumping onto the Bonne thread three months after he left to have a dig at him, his girlfriend and his agent because he said he was happy to join his new club. At least have the guts to admit that he hurt your feelings. Own it. You're welcome to your different opinion, I never said you weren't. I just said being glad he isn't doing well is strange, which I stand by given that you haven't been able to explain to me how it's anything else. Carry on.
    Very strange how rattled you are by this, is your surname Bonne by any chance? 

Just own your feeling man. It's ok, even if they're weird. We're all friends here. Anyway, I'm off back to the Range Rover thread, that's where the real action is
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Very strange

Just own your feeling man. It's ok, even if they're weird. We're all friends here. Anyway, I'm off back to the Range Rover thread, that's where the real action is
    Rent Free
  • Options
    I think Bonne worded his interview at the time poorly. There are other ways to suck up to your new employer such as ‘glad to be signing for a well established champ club’ blah blah blah, rather than stating you had your head turned, which gives the impression you weren’t fully focused on the current job you’re being paid to do. 

Many of us did warn you QPR fans.
    Agree with this.  A decent agent maybe would have helped him with some media training.
  • Options
    I liked Bonne when he came in when Taylor got injured  , but he wasn't great after he got injured around Christmas last year . I don't really give a shit how he does at QPR .
    I remember that game agains Bristol City last Boxing Day - Bonne we on fire.... and that was about as good as it got for him. Not the same player after the injury (as you say).
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

Very strange

Rent Free
    I was going to leave this thread (and I will after this I promise) but I had to stop and laugh at this one. I love a bit of irony, and you misusing this worn-out Twitter meme is a beautiful show of it. You and I are having a back and forth conversation, not a particularly interesting one mind, but a conversation. The idea of someone living in your head rent free comes up when you just can't let something lie and you feel the need to start talking/complaining/lashing out about them apropos of nothing. Y'know, like if you were still upset about comments a footballer and his girlfriend made three months ago and are checking in on his career so that you can have a dig at him that he won't even see. That would be an excellent example of Macauley Bonne and his girlfriend 'living in your head rent free' as one of those embarrassing Football Tweet accounts that all steal each others posts would say. Thank you for this, genuinely.
    Still, Rent Free. 
  • Options
     Yes. Difference being, Bonne can play the 9 role. He makes the right runs and is very attack minded. He may not always score but his positional play compared to someone like Bogle or Washington was a danger to opposition defensive lines. That brings others into play and keeps defenders on their toes.

He wasn't the best centre forward by any means. But he was at least a centre forward.