Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• TBF the Bonne chance is a lot harder than it looks, Dykes one on the other hand...
  • cafc999 said:
    TBF the Bonne chance is a lot harder than it looks, Dykes one on the other hand...
    He didn’t have to hit it first time though and if you’re aware of your own limitations I don’t know why you would.
  • cafc999 said:
    TBF the Bonne chance is a lot harder than it looks, Dykes one on the other hand...
    Was it this one...?

Nope he broke through and slashed at a shot 
  • Queens Park Rangers 0-2 Fulham: Cottagers need extra time to progress in FA Cup
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55574467
  • edited January 2021
    cafc999 said:
    Was it this one...?

Nope he broke through and slashed at a shot 
    Ahhh yeah I see it... Yeah Dykes has had a much worse game than Bonne

If thats what Scotland are relying on for the Euros I hope they savour their three games

• Wasn’t his agent the one pushing for a Prem move ? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Doesn’t have the first touch to wear the number 7 shirt.
  • What was written on the t-shirt, anyone know?
    RIP Sis... Miss You
  • edited January 2021
    Chunes said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Time to move and close this.. He is an ex player, been proven he isn't good enough.. We got 2 mill for him.. Now move on!
    There really should be a CL rule about going on to threads and doing this. So many times on ex-player threads, I despair. 
    Ive suggested we have an entire "ex-player tracking" section on CL as we have so many zombie threads getting bumped about them.

Anyways that reminds me, hows Tony Watt doing and wheres the thread about him.......
  • Well taken finish that. I hope he has got his confidence back now. We've seen when he plays with his instinct and confidence he is an excellent finisher (even if other parts of his game aren't so good) its when he is low on confidence that he stops taking those chances. 

The finish against Derby (pretty sure it was them) last season was exceptional. Infact the whole goal was exceptional. Sarr played a beautifully weighted ball over the top into the channel, Williams runs on to it and puts in the perfect low cross and Bonne hits an exceptional first time finish whilst sprinting.
    Yeah definitely the first against Derby that was
    RIP Sis... Miss You
    I'm guessing his sister died back in October.
  • PopIcon said:
    What was written on the t-shirt, anyone know?
    RIP Sis... Miss You
    His sister died when he was a kid.

I remember reading about it when he first joined us, she was 12 or 13 and had some form of disability and was left alone in the bath, Macauley was around 9 or 10 at the time
  • Sponsored links:

• I think he tends to be a better finisher when he doesn’t have too much thinking time. Last night’s goal and Derby’s last season are evidence for that.
  • Delighted for him
  • PopIcon said:
    What was written on the t-shirt, anyone know?
    RIP Sis... Miss You
    His sister died when he was a kid.

I remember reading about it when he first joined us, she was 12 or 13 and had some form of disability and was left alone in the bath, Macauley was around 9 or 10 at the time
    Real tough sounding story. Didn't he lose a brother too? Or have I got that wrong?
  • Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I think he tends to be a better finisher when he doesn’t have too much thinking time. Last night’s goal and Derby’s last season are evidence for that.
    Remember, Kevin Lisbie?

Same thing. Scored all the wonder goals, missed the sitters.

Not convinced by that.  Lisbie was a seriously good footballer but really couldn’t finish at all.  MB does get goals, although he should get more . 
  • wmcf123 said:
    Oggy Red said:
    JaShea99 said:
    I think he tends to be a better finisher when he doesn’t have too much thinking time. Last night’s goal and Derby’s last season are evidence for that.
    Remember, Kevin Lisbie?

Same thing. Scored all the wonder goals, missed the sitters.

Not convinced by that.  Lisbie was a seriously good footballer but really couldn’t finish at all.  MB does get goals, although he should get more . 
    Oh, Lisbie could finish ....... but not if he had too much time to think about it.