Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Macauley Bonne joins QPR for £2m (Ed. Joined Ipswich on loan)

Comments

• Options
    Somebody correct me if my memory is wrong but when Killer was sold to Derby it wasn’t a great success and it wasn’t because he couldn’t step up, it was because he was playing in a team where the midfield players, who were exceptional players in their own right, would rather shoot from 30 yards than use a proven striker who was deadly around the box. I liked Bonne. He did a great job stepping up to a charlton team that was punching above its weight with a squad that had been decimated by injuries. I’d take him back if QPR don’t know how to get the best out of him. 
    I’ve absolutely nothing against Macauley and wish him well but I’d be devastated if he is the culmination of our ambition. 
    If Bonne really is a crap a striker as that stat of 3 goals in 34 games for QPR shows then why do they keep playing him ? My guess is it’s because he’s being asked to do something that keeps him away from the goal.  A bit like the way Charlton used Macgennis when he played for us and he would be the only charlton player in the opposition half and we’d kick the ball up to him, expect him to win the ball wherever it was and beat the two or three defenders that had nobody else to mark. Those stats for orient and charlton on the other hand are pretty good, more so when you consider the circumstances at charlton at the time
    The 34 games is misleading because 26 of those were sub appearances. He played a total of 1077 minutes, which is less than half that he played for us last season, and less than a quarter of the minutes he played for Orient in the season he scored 23.

My guess is that QPR will be looking to move him on as the manager obviously isn't fussed about him.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    KettsJohn said:
    Stockley and Bonne might work at this level but can't see Bonne returning
    We've got Washington who is okay at this level. Just need to see if we sign Stockley and keep Aneke.
    I would rather have Bonne than Washington.
    I would rather have Bonne and Washington as a two-prong strike force 
    Given how badly we play when the opposition press us, I'm not sure pairing two painfully slow forwards is such a good idea.
  • Options
    Are we sure that we actually got £2m for Bonne? Seems like a ridiculous amount and I'm sure I've seen stuff saying it was 6 figures plus bonuses
  • Options
    Are we sure that we actually got £2m for Bonne? Seems like a ridiculous amount and I'm sure I've seen stuff saying it was 6 figures plus bonuses
    Actual figure won’t be anywhere near £2m. We might get £2m if all the bonuses come to fruition, which they clearly won’t as he’s cack 
  • Options
    Somebody correct me if my memory is wrong but when Killer was sold to Derby it wasn’t a great success and it wasn’t because he couldn’t step up, it was because he was playing in a team where the midfield players, who were exceptional players in their own right, would rather shoot from 30 yards than use a proven striker who was deadly around the box. I liked Bonne. He did a great job stepping up to a charlton team that was punching above its weight with a squad that had been decimated by injuries. I’d take him back if QPR don’t know how to get the best out of him

James on the wing did not help Hales at Derby

But off the top of my head still scored in every 3 rd game in top division.
  • Options
    Was the figure reported by Cawley
  • Options
    Somebody correct me if my memory is wrong but when Killer was sold to Derby it wasn’t a great success and it wasn’t because he couldn’t step up, it was because he was playing in a team where the midfield players, who were exceptional players in their own right, would rather shoot from 30 yards than use a proven striker who was deadly around the box. I liked Bonne. He did a great job stepping up to a charlton team that was punching above its weight with a squad that had been decimated by injuries. I’d take him back if QPR don’t know how to get the best out of him

James on the wing did not help Hales at Derby

But off the top of my head still scored in every 3 rd game in top division.
    Pretty sure that although not prolific he was still top scorer at Derby & again when he moved to east London
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone won on this one except QPR. Bonne moved when his stock was as high as it was ever likely to be we. We sold and got a great return. QPR took and expensive(ish) punt and lost. I hope Bonne has a good career, no reason we should bear him any ill will. 

Expect his comment about QPR wanting him as a header tuner.
    Still don’t get why QPR wanting you would be a head turner. It’s QPR ffs. His head was turned by the pay rise and no one can blame him for that.
    Wouldn't surprise me that his head was turned by his own manager constantly slagging him off in the press as opposed to a club wanting to buy him. Plus I'm sure I remember reading that he supported qpr as a youngster. 
  • Options
    Move on please. Poor player and we got good money for him. 
    Washington is a much better player than him. 
  • Options
    Some of the OTT criticism of Bonne on here is pathetic. 
    Agreed, a lot worse have come and gone.
  • Options
    edited May 2021

• Options
    Hard enough verifying our own rumours without counting other clubs but might be watching Bonne at The Valley again next season

• Options
    Going to be his second spell @ Ipswich
  • Options
    If be suprised if this is true, just because how often do swap deals actually ever happen? 
  • Options
    Might see more of this and other creative deals given the financial strain caused by COVID 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If be suprised if this is true, just because how often do swap deals actually ever happen?

I think we will see more of them this summer if no one has got much money, that and subsidised loans as part of the deal. 
  • Options
    Yeah I guess you guys are right with financial limitations this year we may see more deals like this. 

I just find it funny that each year you see loads of swap deal rumours like this, but the only time I ever really see them happen is on Football Manager. 
  • Options
    Be happy with that. Worried about Ipswich next season but a bit less so if they have him playing up top for them 
    You just know after that comment that if he does join Ipswich he'll score the winner against us.
  • Options
    Back at his hometown club, I'm sure he'd love it there.
  • Options
    I thought Dozzell had been released 
  • Options
    I thought Dozzell had been released 
    Nah I think Ipswich have just told him, Downes and Woolfenden they're free to find other clubs

Basically they've been transfer listed
  • Options
    Be happy with that. Worried about Ipswich next season but a bit less so if they have him playing up top for them 
    Hull went up as champions with Magennis scoring 18 in the league. Bonne could easily do similar. Saying that we got a good deal for him, although he’d score goals at this level the rest of his game is very limited.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    If true, QPR are very quickly giving up on a 2 million pound investment. 
  • Options
    3 goals in 34 games .. we had one over on the super 'oops ((:>)
  • Options
     said:
    3 goals in 34 games .. we had one over on the super 'oops ((:>)
    Balances out the Gomez, Konsa, Grant and Shelvey transfers. 😐