Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Government urged to allow return of fans (ed. Limited crowds to return in Tiers 1&2)

Comments

• Options
    The debate has now ended, Charlton got several mentions by Mr Efford & one of the Bury MP's, quite unusual to see MP's from all parties in agreement.
  • Options
    It turns out I was initially listening to Damian Collins speaking in the debate on 9 November on 'Football Spectator Attendance: Covid-19'.

I subsequently tuned into the debate on 'The Future of Football Governance' and listened to most of that. I found myself in agreement with everything said by Clive Efford and Damian Collins, both of whom are extremely knowledgable and experienced in this area. Hopefully they will help push forward the idea of an independent regulator, given the inability of most football club owners to see beyond their own self-interest. I thought that Alison McGovern, the Shadow Minister for Sport, also spoke very well and, as you say, there is encouraging cross-party agreement on the need for change.

Clive Efford (who has the benefit of Parliamentary Privilege) certainly didn't pull any punches on the need to protect football clubs from certain types of individuals.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Parliamentary Priviliage doesn't apply to Westminster Hall?
    I believe that it does apply to Committee debates, such as this one, as they are part of the core and essential business of Parliament. It enables MPs to speak their mind in debates and to represent their constituents’ views without fear or favour.

The provisions on reporting or commenting upon parliamentary proceedings are more nuanced.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:
    London's gonna be in Tier 3 for weeks if not months.
    How many of you are really gonna go to a match and risk giving your Granny COVID for Christmas?

What level of avoidable illness and deaths in your own families is acceptable to allow you to attend a few more matches before most of us get the chance of an inoculation in the Spring?

Does seem bizarre to allow people to go to games right after a lockdown - i wouldn't blame the people choosing to go though, it's the government and their stupid rules
    It's not the government's bizarre rules or the absence of any that makes a reckless halfwit take an entirely avoidable risk with the health of their supposedly nearest and dearest.  For the sake of another few months before we get some sort of certainty, attending any sort of crowded event is unforgivable.
    How about you let people get on and do what they see fit for their own nearest and dearest.
    Is precisely why Leicester, Liverpool and now Swale have these levels of infection, hospitalisation and death.
    By all means carry on as if you're invulnerable, that's your right.  Any of your "near and dear" that suffer as a result of your dogmatic enforcement of your so called liberty, that's on you; you can't have it both ways. Trouble is the unfortunate saps that bear the brunt of all this loudly hectored "freedom" don't get a choice do they?  The bill for your much vaunted "freedom" isn't paid by you is it?  Your freedom is constrained by your neighbour's right to not have their life spoiled by your actions.
    Not making your Nan ill strikes me as no price to pay - you disagree, as is your right. Sleep well.  
    I’m an adult. I will not die from this. I will also no go and see anyone in my family if they were vulnerable. I don’t need people like you dictating what I can and can’t do. Stop scaremongering, you are not the police or the government. You do what you want and let’s others do what they want. 
    Nobody has died from COVID?
    How on earth have you got that from my post.

"I will not die from this".
    Again, where did I say nobody has died from COVID? 

I questioned your ridiculous comment that you will "not die from this".  I did not say you had said nobody has died.
    It is nice to know that you will not be dying from COVID.
    Again, I will not die from Covid. Not sure why this clearly rattles you so much, stop bet wetting and let others get on with their life. Enjoy sheltering at home. 
    When masks became compulsory a chap in his 40’s came into the supermarket without one. When approached by a staff member he let rip with his views that this was all nonsense etc.

I found out Tuesday that his funeral is today. Died from COVID.

😂
  • Options
    It's not funny Redrobo, just depressing.
  • Options
    So looks like we will be allowed 2,000 fans. Will fans from Kent be allowed to attend? 
  • Options
    London is Tier 2, Kent Tier 3

Potentially 2000 fans at The Valley from the next game
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    It's not funny Redrobo, just depressing.
    I am laughing at his stupidity, and yes, it is depressing.
  • Options
    So looks like we will be allowed 2,000 fans. Will fans from Kent be allowed to attend? 
    Well going by the rules of no travelling in or out unless unavoidable I would guess not.

wonder how the club will police that one? Gonna be an added pain for the going through the logistics of where people are coming in from 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well going by the rules of no travelling in or out unless unavoidable I would guess not.

wonder how the club will police that one? Gonna be an added pain for the going through the logistics of where people are coming in from 
    I don’t think it will be as logistically difficult as long as clear rules are in place.

The 2,000 tickets will likely be allocated to season ticket holders with registered addresses in London and then run with similar procedures as were in place for the Doncaster game in September. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I don’t think it will be as logistically difficult as long as clear rules are in place.

The 2,000 tickets will likely be allocated to season ticket holders with registered addresses in London and then run with similar procedures as were in place for the Doncaster game in September. 

We have fans outside of London and Kent. 
  • Options

Listen to the accent on the door. Anyone who does not sound like a pwopa cockney not allowed in.
    I would imagine they will go through the database and anyone living in a tier 3 area will not be eligible to apply for a match ticket. 

• Options
    cafctom said:

We have fans outside of London and Kent. 
    Just ignore them.

Joke joke joke:smile:  
  • Options
    So how many fans would Welling be allowed in under the new rules?
  • Options
    2000 as thats less than half their capacity (just)
  • Options
    Welling is in the London borough of Bexley & is in tier 2.
    All 32 London boroughs are in tier 2.
  • Options

As I said yesterday, going to be a nightmare for the club to manage both with the tier system and who comes from where and limited to 2k.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I reckon it should be allotted according to proximity to the ground ;)
    To be clear though, I shouldn't be in the 2000 closest! There are a lot more than 2000 households closer than I am. Alas though, they're probably not all fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So just to clear this up, if you're a fan of a London team (tier 2) but live in Kent (tier 3) you won't be allowed to go to a game. But if you're a fan of a London team, who lives in Kent (like Bexleyheath/Sidcup/Welling), which are actually listed as part of a London borough then you will be.

Glad we got that sorted.
  • Options
    So just to clear this up, if you're a fan of a London team (tier 2) but live in Kent (tier 3) you won't be allowed to go to a game. But if you're a fan of a London team, who lives in Kent (like Bexleyheath/Sidcup/Welling), which are actually listed as part of a London borough then you will be.

Glad we got that sorted.

Tier three (very high)

Additional restrictions apply:

• You can't mix with other households indoors, or in private gardens and pub gardens
    • You can meet in a group of up to six in other outdoor spaces, such as parks, beaches or countryside
    • Hospitality venues - such as bars, pubs, cafes and restaurants must close, except for delivery and takeaway services
    • Spectator sports cannot resume
    • Indoor entertain venues - such as bowling alleys and cinemas - must close
    • People are advised not to travel to and from tier three areas
  • Options
    clive said:
    Welling is in the London borough of Bexley & is in tier 2.
    All 32 London boroughs are in tier 2.
    What about Catford? 
  • Options

Glad we got that sorted.
    Bexleyheath/Sidcup/Welling aren't in Kent
  • Options
    With all tickets being allocated to existing ST holders or ID holders, all of which will be registered with their address, it's actually quite easy to see who can and can't come
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

As I said yesterday, going to be a nightmare for the club to manage both with the tier system and who comes from where and limited to 2k.
    Not to mention that seemingly they’ve refunded cash for December games already into the ticketing account 
  • Options
    The problem being a most of Bexley have a DA postcode, more problems for the ticket office to sort out.  
  • Options
    With all tickets being allocated to existing ST holders or ID holders, all of which will be registered with their address, it's actually quite easy to see who can and can't come
    Guess what they could do is a send a email out to all those not in a Tier 3 location with a unique code thats needed when purchasing the tickets - That would surely be straightforward given what they'll already have in place on the website

You just hope people in T3 wont be asking their family / mates in a T2 area to buy them a ticket on their behalf
  • Options
    Guessing for 2000 in attendance they might try to ID everyone at the gates to check their address