Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Government urged to allow return of fans (ed. Limited crowds to return in Tiers 1&2)

Comments

• Options
    Today another photo of a familiar site on the BBC website.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/55055680Fans queue socially distanced to enter a League One match between Charlton and Doncaster
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I don't suppose the Government even considered that fans may live in areas with different tiers.  It would certainly be madness to allow people from an area with high infection rates, to travel to an area with low infection rates. 
    They probably thought people would use common sense and not travel from a teir 3 zone to attend.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    shine166 said:
    I don't suppose the Government even considered that fans may live in areas with different tiers.  It would certainly be madness to allow people from an area with high infection rates, to travel to an area with low infection rates. 
    They probably thought people would use common sense and not travel from a teir 3 zone to attend.
    Good luck with that one.
  • Options
    Redskin said:
    I'd go to a game at The Valley tomorrow  without even having to think twice about it were I allowed to. 
    Would have said the same until before the Burton match started!
  • Options
    As Simon Jordan has put on TalkSport it seems bizarre they've kept it so simple

e.g. 4000 fans inside Old Trafford is a tiny figure

4000 inside Accrington's ground is pretty much at capacity for them
    Isn’t it the smaller of 4K and 50% of capacity?
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    Good luck with that one.
    Thats been the theme all along, telling the public to use common sense, just wipes there hands of responsibility and puts it all on us when things go bad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Another communication from the petitions team

Dear Clive 

You recently signed the petition “Allow football fans to attend matches at all levels”:
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/552036

MPs on the Petitions Committee have welcomed the Government's announcement that limited numbers of fans will be allowed to attend professional football matches after 2 December, as called for hundreds of thousands of petitioners.

Find out more, including reaction from Committee Chair Catherine McKinnell MP and Committee member Jonathan Gullis MP: https://committees.parliament.uk/committee/326/petitions-committee/news/132852/committee-welcome-news-that-fans-will-be-allowed-to-attend-football-matches-after-lockdown/

The news follows the recent debate on this petition, led by Jonathan Gullis MP, in which he backed petitioners' calls for fans to be allowed to return to matches after the end of the current national lockdown.

Watch the debate: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYU-qzMgWog
    Read the transcript: https://hansard.parliament.uk/commons/2020-11-09/debates/DAE2A783-A73D-4F01-94CE-5DD2399B7383/FootballSpectatorAttendanceCovid-19

Thanks,
    The Petitions team
    UK Government and Parliament

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:
    London's gonna be in Tier 3 for weeks if not months.
    How many of you are really gonna go to a match and risk giving your Granny COVID for Christmas?

What level of avoidable illness and deaths in your own families is acceptable to allow you to attend a few more matches before most of us get the chance of an inoculation in the Spring?

Does seem bizarre to allow people to go to games right after a lockdown - i wouldn't blame the people choosing to go though, it's the government and their stupid rules
    It's not the government's bizarre rules or the absence of any that makes a reckless halfwit take an entirely avoidable risk with the health of their supposedly nearest and dearest.  For the sake of another few months before we get some sort of certainty, attending any sort of crowded event is unforgivable.
    How about you let people get on and do what they see fit for their own nearest and dearest.
    Is precisely why Leicester, Liverpool and now Swale have these levels of infection, hospitalisation and death.
    By all means carry on as if you're invulnerable, that's your right.  Any of your "near and dear" that suffer as a result of your dogmatic enforcement of your so called liberty, that's on you; you can't have it both ways. Trouble is the unfortunate saps that bear the brunt of all this loudly hectored "freedom" don't get a choice do they?  The bill for your much vaunted "freedom" isn't paid by you is it?  Your freedom is constrained by your neighbour's right to not have their life spoiled by your actions.
    Not making your Nan ill strikes me as no price to pay - you disagree, as is your right. Sleep well.  
    I’m an adult. I will not die from this. I will also no go and see anyone in my family if they were vulnerable. I don’t need people like you dictating what I can and can’t do. Stop scaremongering, you are not the police or the government. You do what you want and let’s others do what they want. 
    Nobody has died from COVID?
    How on earth have you got that from my post.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Sounds like Charlton are working towards having fans in against Franchise next Wednesday. Guessing we wont hear officially until tomorrow, but hearing positive news. What happens with distribution of tickets I do not know, as heard from old bill and not the club.

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:
    How many of you are really gonna go to a match and risk giving your Granny COVID for Christmas?

What level of avoidable illness and deaths in your own families is acceptable to allow you to attend a few more matches before most of us get the chance of an inoculation in the Spring?

Does seem bizarre to allow people to go to games right after a lockdown - i wouldn't blame the people choosing to go though, it's the government and their stupid rules
    It's not the government's bizarre rules or the absence of any that makes a reckless halfwit take an entirely avoidable risk with the health of their supposedly nearest and dearest.  For the sake of another few months before we get some sort of certainty, attending any sort of crowded event is unforgivable.
    How about you let people get on and do what they see fit for their own nearest and dearest.
    Is precisely why Leicester, Liverpool and now Swale have these levels of infection, hospitalisation and death.
    By all means carry on as if you're invulnerable, that's your right.  Any of your "near and dear" that suffer as a result of your dogmatic enforcement of your so called liberty, that's on you; you can't have it both ways. Trouble is the unfortunate saps that bear the brunt of all this loudly hectored "freedom" don't get a choice do they?  The bill for your much vaunted "freedom" isn't paid by you is it?  Your freedom is constrained by your neighbour's right to not have their life spoiled by your actions.
    Not making your Nan ill strikes me as no price to pay - you disagree, as is your right. Sleep well.  
    I’m an adult. I will not die from this. I will also no go and see anyone in my family if they were vulnerable. I don’t need people like you dictating what I can and can’t do. Stop scaremongering, you are not the police or the government. You do what you want and let’s others do what they want. 

"I will not die from this".
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:

Again, where did I say nobody has died from COVID? 

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:

I questioned your ridiculous comment that you will "not die from this".  I did not say you had said nobody has died.
    It is nice to know that you will not be dying from COVID.
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Good luck with that one.
    Thats been the theme all along, telling the public to use common sense, just wipes there hands of responsibility and puts it all on us when things go bad. 
    Difficult jugling act with that, either they shut it all down until and when
    the vaccine is in use and working, or try and give joe public a bit of freedom
    but rely on the old common sense scenario.
    So the old one of dammed if you do etc..,  let's just hope common sense does
    prevail :)
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:

I questioned your ridiculous comment that you will "not die from this".  I did not say you had said nobody has died.
    Again, I will not die from Covid. Not sure why this clearly rattles you so much, stop bet wetting and let others get on with their life. Enjoy sheltering at home. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:

Again, I will not die from Covid. Not sure why this clearly rattles you so much, stop bet wetting and let others get on with their life. Enjoy sheltering at home. 
    What makes you invincible from COVID, unlike the rest of the world?

• Options
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Good luck with that one.
    So, are you saying nobody should take responsibility for their own actions?
  • Options
    Hoping they wont ask us to arrive 90 minutes early. Not sure about my chances of logging off work at 2PM and no one noticing that I am not online for next couple of hours.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:

Whether or not you die from a needlessly contracted virus is very much not the point.
    Your selfish actions leading to the illness, impairment, disablement or death of any others is solely the point.
    You're clearly sanguine about that.
    Many others feel quite differently.

• Options
    edited November 2020
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    Two things:

Whether or not you die from a needlessly contracted virus is very much not the point.
    Your selfish actions leading to the illness, impairment, disablement or death of any others is solely the point.
    You're clearly sanguine about that.
    Many others feel quite differently.

What selfish actions is this? 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Everyone stay at home, everyone must be scared. It's quite pathetic how people have such disdain of others wanting to lead a normal life. The same type who signed up to be a Covid Marshall I imagine.  
    Is anybody leading a "normal life" at the moment, if they are they are lucky, however I would guess the proper word to use is selfish not lucky.
    Ok so anyone who goes to Football is selfish because they want to lead a normal life? Correct me if I have the wrong end of the stick here. 
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    @J BLOCK what is your opinion on people blatantly ignoring the guidelines on wearing face coverings?
  • Options
    @J BLOCK what is your opinion on people blatantly ignoring the guidelines on wearing face coverings?
    I think unless you are medically exempt, you should be wearing a face mask.