Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Government urged to allow return of fans (ed. Limited crowds to return in Tiers 1&2)

Comments

• Options
    J BLOCK said:
    @J BLOCK what is your opinion on people blatantly ignoring the guidelines on wearing face coverings?
    I think unless you are medically exempt, you should be wearing a face mask. 
    You did not answer the question directly.  

In my opinion they are extremely ignorant, would you agree?
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    @J BLOCK what is your opinion on people blatantly ignoring the guidelines on wearing face coverings?

No I don’t agree. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

No I don’t agree. 
    Incredible.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

No I don’t agree. 
    Incredible.
    Pathetic. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:
    J BLOCK said:

No I don’t agree. 
    Incredible.
    Pathetic. 
    Yes, they are.
  • Options
    While travelling from a tier 3 area into a lower tier area to watch a game of football in an open air stadium is wrong. It will be interesting to see how offices like mine will react to staff travelling into town from a high tier to sit under the same roof with 25-30 other people.
  • Options
    Fair point there @O-Randy-Hunt
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we take this conversation else where. Let's be honest we almost 9 months into covid and everyone has their opinions and nothing is going to make them change.

Can we get back to talking about the issue of supporters returning to football. 
    No.
  • Options
    Can we take this conversation else where. Let's be honest we almost 9 months into covid and everyone has their opinions and nothing is going to make them change.

No.
    Absolutely not, everyone must be frightened and if you go to football you are selfish. Failure to agree means you are extremely arrogant. 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

No.
    Absolutely not, everyone must be frightened and if you go to football you are selfish. Failure to agree means you are extremely arrogant. 
    At least you have the first and last bits correct.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

@AFKABartram needs to reopen the Argument Alert thread. This one is brewing nicely!
    I know I talk a load of b*******(at times) but some of the stuff I have read perhaps tells me I'm being a bit hard on myself.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

@AFKABartram needs to reopen the Argument Alert thread. This one is brewing nicely!
    I know I talk a load of b*******(at times) but some of the stuff I have read perhaps tells me I'm being a bit hard on myself.
    You're not 
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Croydon said:

You're not 
    Aha, comedy with ignorance.  Well done.
  • Options
    Not really interested until it's back to normal.

Actually feel quite positive that it will be the end of the season for first time today. Before vaccine announcements I was wondering where this was all going. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Ah yes - the Charlton Life equivalent of Track and Trace. Loved that thread.
    Didnt the argument thread get closed, because people were arguing in it 😂
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Got my 6 tickets today for MK Dons fixture next Wednesday , covered end lower, had to hang on the phone for ages .. kids can't make it so gonna bring mates along and have a right good sing song 
  • Options
    Got my 6 tickets today for MK Dons fixture next Wednesday , covered end lower, had to hang on the phone for ages .. kids can't make it so gonna bring mates along and have a right good sing song 
    No cuddling when we score.
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    I don't suppose the Government even considered that fans may live in areas with different tiers.  It would certainly be madness to allow people from an area with high infection rates, to travel to an area with low infection rates. 
    They probably thought people would use common sense and not travel from a teir 3 zone to attend.
    Good luck with that one.
    Thats been the theme all along, telling the public to use common sense, just wipes there hands of responsibility and puts it all on us when things go bad. 
    So, are you saying nobody should take responsibility for their own actions?
    Not at all what I said now is it ?

The public take responsibility for actions, as should the government for there choices during all of this. 

Ie Its not the public who wanked away 20B on track and trace by handing out huge contracts to friends and it still doesn't work 

• Options
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    I don't suppose the Government even considered that fans may live in areas with different tiers.  It would certainly be madness to allow people from an area with high infection rates, to travel to an area with low infection rates. 
    They probably thought people would use common sense and not travel from a teir 3 zone to attend.
    Good luck with that one.
    Thats been the theme all along, telling the public to use common sense, just wipes there hands of responsibility and puts it all on us when things go bad. 

The public take responsibility for actions, as should the government for there choices during all of this. 

Ie Its not the public who wanked away 20B on track and trace by handing out huge contracts to friends and it still doesn't work 

Neither is that.

Government should and will take responsibility for the T&T fiasco but it's just ridiculous to say all these contracts are going to 'mates'.

Governments make laws and can advise citizens. It's up to individuals if they want to abide by those laws or ignore the advice.
  • Options
    Thanks for posting Clive.

I’ve tuned into this. A series of unstructured speeches so far, although the guy currently on (didn’t catch his name) is pretty good
  • Options
    Parliamentary Priviliage doesn't apply to Westminster Hall?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Blucher said:
    Thanks for posting Clive.

I’ve tuned into this. A series of unstructured speeches so far, although the guy currently on (didn’t catch his name) is pretty good
    It is Clive Efford MP for Eltham, Damian Collins MP for Folkestone  & Hythe followed him.
  • Options
    Reassuring to hear that - a man who clearly knows what he is talking about and has been very well briefed by the Trust and others.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Addickted said:
    shine166 said:
    Addickted said:
    shine166 said:
    shine166 said:
    Good luck with that one.

Neither is that.

Government should and will take responsibility for the T&T fiasco but it's just ridiculous to say all these contracts are going to 'mates'.

Governments make laws and can advise citizens. It's up to individuals if they want to abide by those laws or ignore the advice.
    Didn't say all, you're very good at making your point slightly twist what you quote. 

If and when things go tits up over Xmas, its almost certain to be the publics fault and certainly not things like letting 1000 people go to an indoor event