Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Government urged to allow return of fans (ed. Limited crowds to return in Tiers 1&2)

Comments

• Options
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    If your address is in a tier 3 zone then you should not be allowed to go to the match. 

Just as if you are in that zone you cannot go to a pub that is in tier 1
    Surely that would have to be the case?
    I'd have thought thats common sense, anyone wanting to travel from the worst areas and mix with 1000s people needs to have a word with themselves. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    se9addick said:
    MrOneLung said:
    If your address is in a tier 3 zone then you should not be allowed to go to the match. 

Surely that would have to be the case?
    I'd have thought thats common sense, anyone wanting to travel from the worst areas and mix with 1000s people needs to have a word with themselves. 
    Whilst agreeing with what you post, unfortunately that will not happen.  If people cannot wear a face covering everything else falls down.
  • Options
    I think it would be utterly ludicrous to look at fans returning in the next couple of months - simply not worth the risk?
    I wont be going until I have the vaccine (or until they sell me a season ticket)
    I don't understand why it is being done now? I can understand if we'd got on top of the virus and the vaccine rollout was well on its way but not given the current circumstances.

I’ve got mixed feelings about this ‘concession’ by Boris, particularly on a day before the ‘concession’ announced today to hold a non-committal 90 minute debate in parliament about football ownership  As desperately as I am missing going the timing just stinks a little. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    If you're only allowed 2000 per game and we have 7000 ST holders, surely it would be fairer to spread the tickets around rather than having the same 2000 people going to games?
    I thought the priority went to the ST holders with the most loyalty points?
    That type of decision makes sense for a one off game, but if we are only allowed 2000 spectators for say the next 5 games, it would be pretty bizarre if the SAME 2000 spectators get the seats for every match and person 2001 gets to see none of them
    This is exactly the issue I was alluding too. You are going to have people who will want to go to every game.

why isn’t it who bought their season tickets first, why should people who went to Doncaster be penalised and not allowed to go to the Wimbledon game, I have watched every game on Valley Pass I should be allowed to go, I haven’t missed a home game for 5 years I should be able to go. I can’t get a season ticket due to work/ cost. 

These are some of the questions that will be raised and argued over. If it’s decided  on loyalty points potentially the same 2,000 would go as there has been no way to gain additional points so the tiers will be same every time.

I am guessing as there is limited capacity/ no away fans some games will still be behind closed doors, games will continue to be available on Valley Pass and will do so until grounds are back to at least 50% capacity and away fans can attend. 

This has potential to damage a clubs fanbase rather than have a positive impact. We won’t make any additional money aspeople going will have already paid for their tickets...... unless of course they allow non Season tickets holders to go..........imagine the outcry from the season ticket holders if they did.......,

I think the club needs to put a message out as soon as it’s able to do so around what the club plans to do and how Valley Pass will operate moving forward. The new team have been very good with their communication and this is something they will also need to communicate well! 
    You may not have meant it but that comes across as a bit me, me, me. Whatever is decided there are going to people who are disappointed. That is just how it is. I find it odd that so many are desperate to get back to watching football with all the hassle it involves and that is without the risk you are putting yourself and others in. I think this is way too early and I’d have gone as far as no fans in stadium this season.
    Not meant as me me me, it was more these are the questions I feel fans (not just Charlton)  are going to be asking their clubs  They are plenty more but I was trying to give a sample of what I believe will be the main ones. 

If I had wanted to make it about me I would have suggested a criteria that fits my profile. I think if the EFL can provide confirmation around how IFollow/ Valley pass will operate with the reduced capacities it will give comfort to fans who want to watch their club and contribute to their finances but can’t go due to lack of tickets- being unable due to covid concerns it will ease the scrabble for tickets and the disappointment for those who will be unsuccessful.  

Totally agree whatever the club decides people aren’t going to be happy and as I have said this is an opportunity for clubs not just Charlton to alienate their fans. Spurs have 42,000 season tickets holders if they are in toer 2 that will be 2,000 tickets to share out. I wouldn’t put it past them or the other PL clubs to sell to corporate client at £500 a pop. 

Also I can see the greedy PL clubs saying no need to show every game now fans are back and going back to a pay per view for the non-televised games to fleece the fans further , yes I am a cynic. 

The most important thing is to get through this pandemic with our friends and families safe and healthy and get back to some sort of normality early in the new year, so as many of us as possible can be in the Valley next season to see us in the Championship......

• Options
    edited November 2020
    The club did some work back in September on family groups and bubbles in relation to capacity, but that was when we and other clubs were hoping to get up to 30% of capacity, so I don't think it will be relevant in this context.

As golfaddick says, I imagine it will be a question of ascertaining (1) which season ticket holders can go and then (2) who wants to go. I believe it would then be fair to put those who went to the Doncaster game at the bottom of the pile and allocate the 2,000 tickets to the remaining group on the basis of priority points. Attendees at the AFC Wimbledon game (assuming supporters are allowed in) would then go to the bottom of the pile for the next game against Bristol Rovers on the following Tuesday and so on.

It's quite a task logistically but a hell of a lot easier with only 5,000 season ticket holders. Whilst there are many different permutations, I'm sure the club will come up with a fair and reasonable solution.

As with the Donny game, it will cost the club a significant amount of money as, apart from all the stewarding and enhanced cleaning and hygiene costs, there will be no ticket sales and less streaming income, given that 2,000 core supporters are in the ground. Still, we've got to start (or, more accurately, re-start) somewhere.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    The whole country starts in tier 2 then depending on how good or bad we've all been we have promotion and relegation every 2 weeks to tiers 1 and 3.

Live on SKY obviously..........
    We've had that in Scotland for a while now, only we call them Levels and have more of them just to be different.
    In a dramatic twist of fate last night, Midlothian were condemned to Level 3 just when they thought they'd escaped to Level 2. 
    High drama indeed.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    A tight timescale to organise tickets, but the MK Dons match on 2 December may be a runner provided London is in tier 2
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    If you're only allowed 2000 per game and we have 7000 ST holders, surely it would be fairer to spread the tickets around rather than having the same 2000 people going to games?
    That type of decision makes sense for a one off game, but if we are only allowed 2000 spectators for say the next 5 games, it would be pretty bizarre if the SAME 2000 spectators get the seats for every match and person 2001 gets to see none of them
    But isnt that always the way with away games? If we have a run of away games at small grounds only the ppl with the most loyalty points will get tickets for those, so its basically the same ppl going to them. If I had a ton of loyalty points, Id be pretty pissed if I wasnt able to go to the next game because its not fair on other ppl who dont have as many. 
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    But isnt that always the way with away games? If we have a run of away games at small grounds only the ppl with the most loyalty points will get tickets for those, so its basically the same ppl going to them. If I had a ton of loyalty points, Id be pretty pissed if I wasnt able to go to the next game because its not fair on other ppl who dont have as many. 
    It was always part of the issue of the current points system (pre covid), as often only those with the most points can get tickets (some away games) meaning those below will never be able to catch up on points as they can't get a ticket to earn any points.

It's going to be tough for the club to work on, as I said on another post, what if you live in Tier 3, can you legally go to a game anyway just because the ground is in tier 1 or 2? If you can then whats stopping people in Tier 3 going to pubs etc in Tier 1?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    MrOneLung said:

Didn't even think about this. This will likely affect a lot of ST holders who reside in Kent.

Administrative nightmare for the club to roll out tickets in the first place, let alone with the added hassle of checking home addresses first.

I look forward to the inevitable meltdown on here 🙂
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Home and away games aren't the same though. Whether because of work, home life or finances few people are able to go to every long distance away game, especially midweek, whereas going to every home game is normal

And away games vary in attractiveness, there will be 1 game in 10 realistically where tickets are at a premium. If you want to go to a local derby, you can gain points by going to Rochdale and Plymouth, games where tickets won't sell out quickly
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Only way I can think of making it work would be to have a ballot for the ST holders. If you're successful in the ballot in one game, you're not eligible for the next one or something. 

Or just spread the total amount of tickets available for a given number of games, and you're given access to specific games in that selection?

Either way, its a difficult job for the ticket office!
  • Options
    I don't suppose the Government even considered that fans may live in areas with different tiers.  It would certainly be madness to allow people from an area with high infection rates, to travel to an area with low infection rates. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    It was always part of the issue of the current points system (pre covid), as often only those with the most points can get tickets (some away games) meaning those below will never be able to catch up on points as they can't get a ticket to earn any points.

It's going to be tough for the club to work on, as I said on another post, what if you live in Tier 3, can you legally go to a game anyway just because the ground is in tier 1 or 2? If you can then whats stopping people in Tier 3 going to pubs etc in Tier 1?

No, I don’t think so. Guidance issued by Gov’t yesterday said only travel outside your area for “essential” purposes is permitted. Travelling from a Tier 3 part of Kent to London to watch a 3rd division football match probably wouldn’t be considered essential by the man. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Rob7Lee said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    CAFCTrev said:

No, I don’t think so. Guidance issued by Gov’t yesterday said only travel outside your area for “essential” purposes is permitted. Travelling from a Tier 3 part of Kent to London to watch a 3rd division football match probably wouldn’t be considered essential by the man. 
    I agree, which is why I think it's going to be a logistical nightmare. And the ticket office are on Furlough!
  • Options
    edited November 2020

Tomorrows debate will be led by MR Efford we should get a mention.

Future of football governance

Clive Efford MP (Eltham, Labour)

https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/1136ccac-2248-41c9-ac47-80356c9f1acf
  • Options
    Maybe a fair way of deciding on who gets tickets is to draw 2000 from those buying online passes and let them buy two tickets. If not taken up by a certain date, draw more names.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Two things:
    London's gonna be in Tier 3 for weeks if not months.
    How many of you are really gonna go to a match and risk giving your Granny COVID for Christmas?

What level of avoidable illness and deaths in your own families is acceptable to allow you to attend a few more matches before most of us get the chance of an inoculation in the Spring?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Redrobo said:
    Maybe a fair way of deciding on who gets tickets is to draw 2000 from those buying online passes and let them buy two tickets. If not taken up by a certain date, draw more names.
    Whatever system the club uses won’t be seemed as fair. What doesn’t help or makes things easier is that I’ve already spent the CAFC cash returned from my season ticket on the bundle. Thus, I would be profiting from the system.Not sure what would happen in that scenario if I get given a ticket. 
  • Options
    For the Doncaster game didnt they just make 1,000 tickets available for the Season Ticket holders who'd purchased a season ticket before the 23-game cut off - It was then basically a first come first served basis wasnt it?

If thats how they did it for that game I wouldnt be surprised if thats how it was (restricted to Season Ticket Holders with two tiers of priority, firstly for those who have a 23-game ticket and then those who brought the 22-game ticket) for games going forward at the present.
  • Options
    Two things:
    How many of you are really gonna go to a match and risk giving your Granny COVID for Christmas?

What level of avoidable illness and deaths in your own families is acceptable to allow you to attend a few more matches before most of us get the chance of an inoculation in the Spring?

Does seem bizarre to allow people to go to games right after a lockdown - i wouldn't blame the people choosing to go though, it's the government and their stupid rules
  • Options
    As Simon Jordan has put on TalkSport it seems bizarre they've kept it so simple

e.g. 4000 fans inside Old Trafford is a tiny figure

4000 inside Accrington's ground is pretty much at capacity for them
  • Options
    Was there hospitality available for the Doncaster game?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Didn't renew my season ticket this year, so I won't be going anytime soon but I just hope the 2700 if they decide on 10% will be supporters of the team and not effing critics because our Knight in Silver armour won't be amused ! 

I wonder if singing should be banned this season or till Easter when we have all had the Jab ? Only saying that because some of our singers can hit people 4 rows in front with their saliva. Just clap and grunt with your gobs shut should be ok. 

• Options
    Two things:

Does seem bizarre to allow people to go to games right after a lockdown - i wouldn't blame the people choosing to go though, it's the government and their stupid rules
    It's not the government's bizarre rules or the absence of any that makes a reckless halfwit take an entirely avoidable risk with the health of their supposedly nearest and dearest.  For the sake of another few months before we get some sort of certainty, attending any sort of crowded event is unforgivable.
  • Options
    Two things:

It's not the government's bizarre rules or the absence of any that makes a reckless halfwit take an entirely avoidable risk with the health of their supposedly nearest and dearest.  For the sake of another few months before we get some sort of certainty, attending any sort of crowded event is unforgivable.
    How about you let people get on and do what they see fit for their own nearest and dearest.