Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Government urged to allow return of fans (ed. Limited crowds to return in Tiers 1&2)

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Going to cause more issues. 

Assuming we will be allowed 2,000 unless Our wonderful Mayor is able to get us in tier 3. ( for avoidance of doubt I am being sarcastic about him being wonderful)

How Will tickets be allocated? Loyalty points a draw? Alternate games? 

Will the games still be available on Valley Pass?  Some people will not want to go until there is a vaccine. Plus I am assuming we won’t be able to attend away games. 

The clubs have to be very careful how they handle this as if they upset the loyal fans and let’s face it they can’t keep everyone happy it could damage support in the long term. 

As much as I want to go and if I can I will I think this being rushed to keep the Premier League fat cats happy. 
  • Options
    Not sure 2000fans in a 70000seter stadium will make much difference to their finances. 
  • Options
    The 2/4000 restriction is no good to premier league clubs as it will cost more to stage the matches than they will get out of it, it is more to benefit lower/non league clubs which depend on people paying on the gate for their revenue.
    For Charlton it will cost more money to stage the games than what they would have taken in season ticket revenue, i think a lot of people will be deterred from attending by the 'covid safe' restrictions, arriving at the ground up to hour an half before kick off, no catering facilities etc.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:
    Wow - wasnt expecting that. One second we are all saying no chance fans coming in this year, never mind in the middle of whats gonna be a long tough winter. Now fans before Christmas.

We aren't just easing out of lockdown. We are barrelling out of it.
    Wouldn't call allowing 4k fans in an area that is Tier 1 lockdown as "Barrelling out of it"
    Charlton won’t be in Tier One.
    I didn’t say we were, it was an example. We will be tier 2.
  • Options
    Going to cause more issues. 

Assuming we will be allowed 2,000 unless Our wonderful Mayor is able to get us in tier 3. ( for avoidance of doubt I am being sarcastic about him being wonderful)

How Will tickets be allocated? Loyalty points a draw? Alternate games? 

Will the games still be available on Valley Pass?  Some people will not want to go until there is a vaccine. Plus I am assuming we won’t be able to attend away games. 

The clubs have to be very careful how they handle this as if they upset the loyal fans and let’s face it they can’t keep everyone happy it could damage support in the long term. 

As much as I want to go and if I can I will I think this being rushed to keep the Premier League fat cats happy. 
    You would assume similar to the Doncaster game which is current season tickets based on a sliding scale of how many points they have 
  • Options
    Interestingly and this May be more admin efficiency than anything else but my cafc cash for games in December was loaded my to my season ticket profile last week
  • Options
    Jon_CAFC_ said:
    Interestingly and this May be more admin efficiency than anything else but my cafc cash for games in December was loaded my to my season ticket profile last week
    Guess since the next home game is in December they're pre-empting the December bundles going on sale/the MK Dons match is already on sale
  • Options
    The more people that get allowed into games, the less people take
    up the stream and enter the competition for the car, so the odds
    reduce. ;)
    Or maybe anyone who gets a ticket for a game = 1 x entry into the competition??
  • Options
    Can I check, will the clubs be allocating seats to those ST holders from Tier 1 & 2 areas or are they assuming they won't be taking on people from tier 3 areas?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If you're only allowed 2000 per game and we have 7000 ST holders, surely it would be fairer to spread the tickets around rather than having the same 2000 people going to games?
  • Options
    Good news for a lot of clubs. However find the idea that PDC darts will have people in, snacks of a massive super spreader incident 
  • Options
    If you're only allowed 2000 per game and we have 7000 ST holders, surely it would be fairer to spread the tickets around rather than having the same 2000 people going to games?
    I think we have 5000ish S/T holders (may be wrong).
  • Options
    I thought the priority went to the ST holders with the most loyalty points?
  • Options

It does come with a lot of logistics to overcome, and a morale dimension.

For instance, if the position is the same as now, would it be wrong for the club to allow supporters from Swale, who look like being in the highest of lockdown and who will not be allowed to travel, to go too the game? How would they be able to stop a season ticket holder from going? Would they have a duty to inform the authorities? Will they insist on supporters having the NHS app? What will they do if some supporters take off their masks or congregate to sing together?

Overall I think they have gone to early on this.
  • Options
    I imagine there will be a rotation system of who gets into games.
    Whoever went to the Doncaster game will not get into the next two or three.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    That type of decision makes sense for a one off game, but if we are only allowed 2000 spectators for say the next 5 games, it would be pretty bizarre if the SAME 2000 spectators get the seats for every match and person 2001 gets to see none of them
  • Options
    Surely people will have to apply to go and then fans get selected from there. There will be some who are high risk and so won’t want to go, there will be some from Tier 3 areas who shouldn’t be allowed to go, there will be some who live a long way away and may not be allowed to travel. It’s a logistical nightmare. Not sure many Championship clubs will think it worth it and certain most PL clubs won’t.
  • Options
    CAFCTrev said:
    That type of decision makes sense for a one off game, but if we are only allowed 2000 spectators for say the next 5 games, it would be pretty bizarre if the SAME 2000 spectators get the seats for every match and person 2001 gets to see none of them
    This is exactly the issue I was alluding too. You are going to have people who will want to go to every game.

why isn’t it who bought their season tickets first, why should people who went to Doncaster be penalised and not allowed to go to the Wimbledon game, I have watched every game on Valley Pass I should be allowed to go, I haven’t missed a home game for 5 years I should be able to go. I can’t get a season ticket due to work/ cost. 

These are some of the questions that will be raised and argued over. If it’s decided  on loyalty points potentially the same 2,000 would go as there has been no way to gain additional points so the tiers will be same every time.

I am guessing as there is limited capacity/ no away fans some games will still be behind closed doors, games will continue to be available on Valley Pass and will do so until grounds are back to at least 50% capacity and away fans can attend. 

This has potential to damage a clubs fanbase rather than have a positive impact. We won’t make any additional money aspeople going will have already paid for their tickets...... unless of course they allow non Season tickets holders to go..........imagine the outcry from the season ticket holders if they did.......,

I think the club needs to put a message out as soon as it’s able to do so around what the club plans to do and how Valley Pass will operate moving forward. The new team have been very good with their communication and this is something they will also need to communicate well! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Probably best to first work out who does want to go as well as who are ALLOWED to go. As already mentioned, anyone in tier 3 shouldn't be going  & then there will be people (such as @LargeAddick) who don't want to go. Whittle those out & see how many are left. Then pick 2000 at random for the first match & another 2000 for the next (making sure the first 2000 are on the bottom of the pile). Obviously will also have to take into account families or people who bought ST's together. 
  • Options
    Received another email regarding upcoming debate on 'future of football  governance'

Dear Clive 

You recently signed the petition “Review the need for a statutory owners and Directors Test in Football”:
    https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/331589

MPs will debate the future of football governance this Wednesday 25 November in Westminster Hall.

This will be a general debate. General debates allow MPs to debate important issues, however they do not end in a vote nor can they change the law.

The debate will start at 2.30pm and last for 90 minutes.

Watch here this Wednesday: https://parliamentlive.tv/Event/Index/1136ccac-2248-41c9-ac47-80356c9f1acf

Find out more about how Parliamentary debates work: https://www.parliament.uk/about/how/business/debates/

Thanks,
    The Petitions team
    UK Government and Parliament

• Options
    The actual ground and game are no issue it’s the 4000 people getting to and from and meeting up is the issue 
  • Options
    If your address is in a tier 3 zone then you should not be allowed to go to the match. 

Just as if you are in that zone you cannot go to a pub that is in tier 1
  • Options

I would imagine the Premier League clubs will benefit the least in relative terms. They are less reliant on gate receipts than Football League clubs and 2,000 or 4,000 seats open in a 50,000 seater stadium is almost not worth it. 

CAFCTrev said:
    This is exactly the issue I was alluding too. You are going to have people who will want to go to every game.

why isn’t it who bought their season tickets first, why should people who went to Doncaster be penalised and not allowed to go to the Wimbledon game, I have watched every game on Valley Pass I should be allowed to go, I haven’t missed a home game for 5 years I should be able to go. I can’t get a season ticket due to work/ cost. 

These are some of the questions that will be raised and argued over. If it’s decided  on loyalty points potentially the same 2,000 would go as there has been no way to gain additional points so the tiers will be same every time.

I am guessing as there is limited capacity/ no away fans some games will still be behind closed doors, games will continue to be available on Valley Pass and will do so until grounds are back to at least 50% capacity and away fans can attend. 

This has potential to damage a clubs fanbase rather than have a positive impact. We won’t make any additional money aspeople going will have already paid for their tickets...... unless of course they allow non Season tickets holders to go..........imagine the outcry from the season ticket holders if they did.......,

We have circa 6,000 season ticket holders so 2,000 is actually a decent proportion of them, especially as not all of them will want/will be able to go. 

STs apply to be placed on the list alongside others in their bubble and get allocated a colour - red, white and black. Game one = red band, game two = white band, game three = black band so on and so forth until such time that restrictions change. 

We’ve already done a lot of the leg work in testing the social distancing requirements of the stadium in the Doncaster match which gives us a head start over most other clubs.

Let’s not get our knickers in a massive twist, we can do this.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    If your address is in a tier 3 zone then you should not be allowed to go to the match. 

Just as if you are in that zone you cannot go to a pub that is in tier 1
    Surely that would have to be the case?
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    I didn't buy a ST, so probably won't be attending this season... more than fine with that. Be pretty pissed if ifollow stops though.