Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

124»

Comments

• Options
    Annoyingly, if Bent had his first season again with us in the premier league at this moment in time - he would be worth £50-80m+! 

He would be being touted for England and foreign teams would be taking strong interest...

yet all we got was £20m and he barely played for England ever! 
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Annoyingly, if Bent had his first season again with us in the premier league at this moment in time - he would be worth £50-80m+! 

He would be being touted for England and foreign teams would be taking strong interest...

yet all we got was £20m and he barely played for England ever! 
    It was a good fee at the time. The fact we a) got relegated with him in the team and b) got relegated again 2 seasons later in a bit of a state financially, despite having parachute payments, the fee for Bent and plus decent fees from the sales of Diawara, Reid, and Bougherra really highlights the absolute piss poor management of the club from almost the moment Curbs walked out the door. 
  • Options
    He was on Ben Fosters Podcast recently, spoke a bit about us and also how Curbishley tried to sign him at west ham before he joined spurs, they even offered him better money.
  • Options
    Of the ex-Charlton-players-become-pundits bingo card, I doubt many of us would have put Darren Bent down on it when he was playing for us
  • Options
    Saw the fantasy football show last night and when he popped up found it hilarious as i hadn't seen his interview for Sunderland when he mistakenly said great win for Charlton, quite a funny little mock up too. What i would give even for a league one Darren Bent, someone who can score and trouble defenders
  • Options
    edited September 2022
    The Fantasy Football League reboot isn’t as terrible as I feared it would be