Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    And what if the Super League fails to ignite as a 12 club competition with the same teams playing each other over and over? These clubs will have nowhere to go. 
    Good. Let them fold.
  • Options
    This is another attempt at pure greed and stifling smaller clubs dreams of playing in the PL.
    Dock points off the six who have signed up, ban them from our domestic cup competitions and let them then fuck off and die when they realise German clubs etc will not be taking part.
    Let them go and invite the top 6 from Germany to take their place. They can help lead the way to English fan owned clubs. Call it the FA Premier Volks League.
  • Options
    FIFA not happy.

Mainly because they didn't think of it and haven't got a wedge of the pie.
  • Options
    Customers. Not Fans.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I am feeling sorry for the proper football fans of these clubs. At least the heart and soul of our club will be here for the future. They know they are losing theirs to US, Russian corruption, Asian and Oil money. From a selfish perspective. When did we last play one of these clubs?
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    I am feeling sorry for the proper football fans of these clubs. At least the heart and soul of our club will be here for the future. They know they are losing theirs to US, Asian and Oil money. 
    Many Proper football fans of these clubs have been priced out of it for well over a decade If truth be told.

What we are witnessing now is football finally disappearing up its own arsehole!
  • Options
    Utter disgrace. Backing PSG in the Champions League now
    Same, but I'm pretty sure there is some other reason PSG aren't doing it because of some love for fans will be some other reason, saw it floated that it's related to the World Cup in Qatar and the closeness with FIFA because of that.

Won't be long til Bayern join too, another scummy club. Hopefully Dortmund can at least be the one "big" team with a bit of backbone and genuine reasons for not joining, they seem the only hope.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What it will mean in the future is silly player wages will have to come down. 
  • Options

All the super league clubs have left the ECA. What happens to the Champions League and Europa league this season now? 
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    PSG will be announced as winners of the Champions League this season as the other 3 teams will be banned.

Only Man City, United and Atletico Madrid out of the 12 founders haven't put on social media that they have joined the ESL. Expect them to do it in the morning.
  • Options
    If the Champions League continues and "lesser teams" win it, in the way that the likes of Forest, PSV, Red Star Belgrade and Celtic won the old European Cup, it might actually create a more interesting competition, rather than the closed shop of a Super League which could easily become monotonous

Imagine a team like Leicester or Villa reaching the CL final, that would be far more of a story than Man U being in another Super League final.
    I initially felt the same way on this. However, winning the CL will not necessarily be the achievement that it currently is without the best sides in the world. It would be the equivalent of winning what is currently the Europa League. There would always be that footnote on that victory.  
  • Options
    Imagine how passed off real Man City fans, who not so long ago were watching their team in the third tier will be when they are kicked out of the Champions League tomorrow, when they had a real chance of winning it.
  • Options
    What it will mean in the future is silly player wages will have to come down. 
    Or, they'll just sign for Super League Clubs and probably get paid double what they currently get at the top level. 
  • Options
    If the Champions League continues and "lesser teams" win it, in the way that the likes of Forest, PSV, Red Star Belgrade and Celtic won the old European Cup, it might actually create a more interesting competition, rather than the closed shop of a Super League which could easily become monotonous

Imagine a team like Leicester or Villa reaching the CL final, that would be far more of a story than Man U being in another Super League final.
    Is the Papa Johns Trophy better than the FA Cup? 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited April 2021
    Could the Government (and Governments from other countries involved) bring in a law which protects football clubs from owners who effectively (by their actions) remove their clubs from domestic leagues? Something that would prevent them using the name and stadium and force them to sell.  

Let's be honest, most of the fans don't want it. They were not consulted. The owners see an opportunity to line their pockets. Imagine Levy thinking he can pocket a big slice of the 3 billon and sell the club to a Saudi Prince. 
  • Options

All the super league clubs have left the ECA. What happens to the Champions League and Europa league this season now? 
    I have seen tweets that both competitions have been suspended.
  • Options
    edited April 2021

I have seen tweets that both competitions have been suspended.

Think a few unverified people jumped the gun. 
  • Options
    cafctom said:

I initially felt the same way on this. However, winning the CL will not necessarily be the achievement that it currently is without the best sides in the world. It would be the equivalent of winning what is currently the Europa League. There would always be that footnote on that victory.  
    It won't be the same achievement, but it will be one more widely spread around, instead of being the monopoly of a tiny group of clubs

Other than Bayern, the last non "Super League" club to win the CL was Porto in 2004
  • Options

The scale of UEFA's problem. Their viewing numbers will sink like a stone. 
  • Options
    I would like to see these clubs driven out of the country. Then we have our domestic leagues and hopefully their fans can form new clubs. Manchester United already have FC United.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    If it’s all about money, which it patently is, then you watch as the dissenting voices suddenly become more circumspect in the coming days, probably after being told they’re being thrown a piece of the pie.

Politicians to climb down from ‘disgrace’ to ‘we await the result of a review’ as the week goes on.

Our world now exists in a terrifying integrity vaccum.
  • Options
    Do I have this correct. It's going to be a midweek competition with the clubs still playing in their respective leagues. So our 'big 6' carry on playing prem football aswell as the super league?
  • Options
    Do I have this correct. It's going to be a midweek competition with the clubs still playing in their respective leagues. So our 'big 6' carry on playing prem football aswell as the super league?
    Only if they're allowed to by the Premier League.