Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    Woodward has stood down from UEFA
  • Options
    mascot88 said:
    It’s friggin pointless! The so called super elite want to play each other but isn’t that what the Champions League is all
    about? 
    They want a bigger percentage of the European purse, AND no relegation so investors money is protected and they can’t have a bad run for a few years and lose millions. 

In essence taking the very heart and soul out of the game . 

C***
    Yep C***
  • Options
    As someone who only watches Charlton and checks results of those around us I have no interest in this so called super league, sheer greed by those involved who will follow any idea that pays them. 
  • Options
    You can see how money driven this is by the presence of our so called Big 6. That we have such a large group of "elite" clubs is one of the drivers for change, as 6 clubs doesn't fit into 4 Champions League places, especially when clubs like Leicester and West Ham have the effrontery to try and grab one of them

For the likes of PSG and Bayern, qualifying for the CL every year is a piece of cake, so that's not a worry
  • Options
    Transfer embargo for all 12 clubs I hope.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:
    I doubt this will go ahead, but if it does I hope each team's supporters trust are allowed to create a phoenix club which is allowed entry to the prem. I can imagine there would be plenty of very, very rich people queuing up to own the clubs and im sure most fans would boycott the ESL in favour of watching the "new" team. Fuck the owners and the those funding the ESL off completely.

I love the idea of it and them taking all of the honours etc. with them as well. Probably fantasy but would be great.

Where would they play though?
  • Options
    There will end up being separate squads for PL and ESL
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There will end up being separate squads for PL and ESL
    Might be the best thing to happen to the game.

The greedy bastards that are the main reason behind inflated prices from players wages to what they charge supporters disappear up their own arsehole and we can carry on with a level playing field.
  • Options
    Man utd confirm withdrawal from ECA
    Does this mean they won't be playing Roma in the semi final?
  • Options
    Man utd confirm withdrawal from ECA
    Does this mean they won't be playing Roma in the semi final?
    No. The ECA is just a forum for the biggest clubs In Europe. However now the super 12 are so big and powerful they have no need to be part of it. 
  • Options
    If this goes through they’ve finally broken it... absolutely gutted 
  • Options
    My Man United friends are fuming. They have even said they will start supporting Dartford. Somehow I cant see it. They will either carry on 'supporting' Man United or they'll start supporting Leicester
  • Options
    Susie's Dent's word of the day is ‘ingordigiousness’: - extreme greed; an insatiable desire for wealth at any cost.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Still maintain it won't happen. It's a way for them to extract an even bigger share of the pie. Dangerous game to play though, brinkmanship. I'd be absolutely astonished if UEFA called their bluff - despite all the rhetoric and piss & bluster, they'll fold faster than Superman on laundry day rather than lose the cash cow of the chumpions' league. The sad sods who literally live and breathe every second through 'their' clubs won't be up in arms either - despite what a lot of them will be posting on social media. They're as addicted as a junkie is to smack. The biggest risk this represents to the big clubs in England is the 'slightly more than casual fan'. That's a huge market for them. 
  • Options
    According to source, some of those involved in ESL call traditional supporters of clubs “legacy fans” while they are focused instead on the “fans of the future” who want superstar names
  • Options
    For those old enough to remember like me, the premier league was set up and a major factor ‘promised’ was that it would massively strengthen the England Football Team.
    How many England players play in those teams? Manchester City for example?

On another note, years ago when I qualified as a referee the FA, specifically the London FA, for some reason said I wasn’t allowed to officiate in the Brockley and District league or I would be removed from the referees list. I never knew why, but knew it was the situation.

I would like all the governing bodies to refuse to supply match officials to all these clubs and all their teams playing at all levels.

They can arrange their own group and send them to Juventus v Tottenham U14’s and the like each time.

As we’re talking of greed, a smaller cohort of their own special officials will be easily bribed and corrupted, let’s face it, it’s happened in Italian football in the past.

• Options
    They said the plan is to start this in August haven't they?

What I think will happen is the leagues will expel them, there will then be court injunctions to prevent it.  The leagues will have to start with them, pending the court cases.

The "super league" won't start in August.  FIFA will threaten to prevent the players playing for their national teams, it will be too late for the Euros.  The EPL clubs will quickly realise any broadcast deal without the "big six" will pretty much bankrupt them over night as they will still have to honor the players contracts.  The domestic leagues will begrudgingly let them stay. 

There will be some deal done with UEFA that the 2 finalist from the champions league will qualify for the next seasons "super league" and there will be a superbowl style 1 off game every year between the champions league winners and the super league winners.  The Europa League will be scrapped.

Eventually the "super league" will expand to 4 10 team conferences and the play off system will last for months.

Sucks doesn't it. 
  • Options
    My Man United friends are fuming. They have even said they will start supporting Dartford. Somehow I cant see it. They will either carry on 'supporting' Man United or they'll start supporting Leicester
     Or any club outside a 100 mile radius from which they live?

They sound like the type of supporter that after a bit of bluster will be lapping this superleague up
  • Options
    It doesn’t surprise me the complete lack of respect for the domestic game but to do it all without informing your own supporters is snidey. Push it through whilst no fans are in the ground so they can’t publicly show their discontent. Shows them for the cowards they are.
    G Nev has his faults and there was a huge amount of irony about his rant yesterday however one part he was spot on with was about the owners of these clubs and how they hide in the shadows and you never hear from them. 
  • Options
     Or any club outside a 100 mile radius from which they live?

They sound like the type of supporter that after a bit of bluster will be lapping this superleague up
    ...in their green and yellow protest shirts, bought online from the club shop