Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    The apology from John W Henry is the most insincere statement of all time - what an utter c***.

Actually embarrassing to read...remember 2 days ago these fans were 'legacy ' fans , not future fans in Asia etc. 

If one of these were my club I wouldn't go again . Ever . That is a piss take really,  not an apology. 

Fuck them off to Asia for their Super league to countries were inhumanities are conducted regularly,  either in the name of religion or against religious sects.

Some how I think they deserve each other. They wish to abuse their fan base. 
    Time for the daily pic...

"I refer the learned gentleman to my profile picture"
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Not sure how true but a rumour on twitter  that the 14 other clubs had brokered the exit of the 6 if they did not withdraw within 48 hours. 

Also said they demanded Ed Woodward resign. 
  • Options
    The apology from John W Henry is the most insincere statement of all time - what an utter c***.

Actually embarrassing to read...remember 2 days ago these fans were 'legacy ' fans , not future fans in Asia etc. 

If one of these were my club I wouldn't go again . Ever . That is a piss take really,  not an apology. 

Fuck them off to Asia for their Super league to countries were inhumanities are conducted regularly,  either in the name of religion or against religious sects.

Some how I think they deserve each other. They wish to abuse their fan base. 
    Well that’s a stupid comment. 
    Par for the course in 1956 probably 
  • Options
    Not sure how true but a rumour on twitter  that the 14 other clubs had brokered the exit of the 6 if they did not withdraw within 48 hours. 

Also said they demanded Ed Woodward resign. 
    Might very well be true but they left because of the uproar and the realisation that it would really hit them in the pocket.
  • Options
    Hope PSG win Champions League now....
  • Options
    PSG are massive winners out of all this. Increased power in Europe/UEFA and somehow (for a Qatar owned club) ending up with the moral high ground!
  • Options
    John Barnes hitting the nail on the head, "The winner is the status quo which has been exploiting football for years". 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-56829809
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Watching the Quest highlights showed the real passion and excitement generated by a pyramid system, with winners and losers, real jeopardy and no special treatment for the big boys
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    From the sun so possibly bullshit... 

CELTIC and Rangers are wanted to join an all BRITISH League as part of the fall-out from the failed Euro breakaway plot.

While the Big Six led the humiliating retreat from the Super League debacle, they remain convinced that reform of the Prem is essential.

The potential British Premier League is expected to get the green light from Fifa and Uefa

Top of the list of plans being actively discussed is an offer to the two Glasgow giants to come south of Hadrian’s Wall.

And unlike the Super League shambles which was condemned globally, it's likely an enlarged Premier League including the Old Firm would be BACKED by Fifa, Uefa and the UK Government.

Celtic and Rangers would jump at the chance to take a slice of the Prem cake, while their inclusion would also see a spike in interest from fans across the world, sponsors and broadcasters.

Even the pair’s SPL rivals are thought likely to be willing to wave goodbye to the two dominant forces north of the border, because it would give them a realistic chance of winning the title and the chance to qualify for the revamped Champions League.

One club source said: “Whether or not the Super League was going to happen, we all feel that the Premier League has to be changed and improved.

“It is time we opened it up to Rangers and Celtic. That would make sense for everyone.”

Reform of the Prem has been a huge discussion point since October’s publication of the Project Big Picture plans drafted by Liverpool and Manchester United.

Prem chief executive Richard Masters was forced to agree to a “strategic review” of the competition’s future, conceding “the status quo is not an option”, which was conducted by US-owned Boston Consulting and is due to report back in June.

What the British Super League will mean for football

But while the Big Six were battered by the ESL backlash, they believe the wind is in their sales over the need for change.

In addition to the Rangers and Celtic plan, one other idea is an end of season top four play-off, similar to that in rugby union and rugby league.

But they are also still pushing, firmly, for a reduction to the 18 team league that was envisaged at the outset of the Prem when it was formed three decades ago.

Another club chief added: “We have never wavered from the belief that 18 clubs is the only sensible way forward.

“It is also what Uefa, Fifa and the European Club Association have long called for.”

That may be a proposal too far for the 14 members of the 'left behind club' who ganged up to help win the Super League battle with the Big Six.

But unlike the doomed Super League, there would be global backing for a British League.

Fifa President Gianni Infantino gave his blessing for cross-border leagues when asked about proposals for mergers between Holland and Belgium and Mexico and the MLS.

Infantino said: “If we want teams to play at the highest level around the world we need to have new ideas and we need to see that.

“I am confident the best decisions will be made in that regard but any mergers must be done with respect to the rules.”

And while PM Boris Johnson launched into the Super League debate by insisting he would throw every possible obstacle in the way of the changes, the prospect of including Rangers and Celtic in a cross-border UK league would be a potential factor in the fight against the proposed second Scottish independence referendum.

Ibrox and Parkhead supporters, excited at the prospect of locking horns with England’s big guns, might be tempted to strengthen resistance against the SNP-led breakaway pl

• Options
    edited April 2021
    the prospect of including Rangers and Celtic in a cross-border UK league would be a potential factor in the fight against the proposed second Scottish independence referendum

Who is going to change their mind on an enormous constitutional issue because they’ve got Burnley away at the weekend?!

I would guess this is absolute nonsense.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Chunes said:o
    I've heard from a friend that Thomas Sandgaard is in talks with Rangers about a possible merger between our two clubs... Negotiations actually started much earlier this month, around 21 days ago. We would be renamed Charlton Rangers.
    Was proposed back in 2007 or 2008.

There's a thread on here somewhere
  • Options
    Chunes said:o
    I've heard from a friend that Thomas Sandgaard is in talks with Rangers about a possible merger between our two clubs... Negotiations actually started much earlier this month, around 21 days ago. We would be renamed Charlton Rangers.
    Was proposed back in 2007 or 2008.

There's a thread on here somewhere
    That's the joke! It was an old CL April Fools. Thread.
  • Options
    Can all the pricks at the top just leave football alone.

It doesn't need to continuously be fiddled with. 

It's already been shat on a thousand times. Stop the unnecessary shit. 

• Options
    Rangers and Celtic join the PL and FIFA who already think us having separate international sides is weird, will push even harder for a unified UK side. 
  • Options
    How to integrate? If you start em right off in the EPL, then 5 teams get relegated the year before to make room? Don't see that passing a 2/3 vote.
  • Options
    Considering SL was all about money, clever to use our own money-grabber in the photo.
  • Options
    cfgs said:
    Rangers and Celtic join the PL and FIFA who already think us having separate international sides is weird, will push even harder for a unified UK side. 
    Resulting in Scottish independence a certainty as nationalist football supporters demand their team back. Completely understandable.