Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    Mr Sandgaard’s European Dream is back on.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Dave2l said:
    Croydon said:
    -30 points next season for all involved, transfer embargoes, huge fines. Make an example of them.

The owners need the recieving end of the consequences, not the fans.

Just give them huge enormous fines, plus a transfer embargo. 
    Not a points deduction.

Say if Leicester, Everton or West ham break into the top 4, then it might not feel like as much of an achievement if the top 6 have been deducted points.

Keep the game fair.

What this has done is fantastic.

The rich nobhead clubs have had their reputations tarnished and it couldn't be sweeter.

Footballs soul is on its way back.

F***ck money!
    Smaller clubs fans get fucked over all the time for the owner's actions. Bury, Chester, Luton, Pompey etc etc. Why should this lot be any different?

As for football's soul being back, do me a favour. This weekend you'll still require two subscriptions to watch all the matches, and National League clubs are on the brink for less cash than some players get a week. What happened yesterday was good for the future of the game, but football is still rotten to the core.

Fair enough. 

I don't want to go back on what I said, but I agree with the points you have made
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Mr Sandgaard’s European Dream is back on.

Not only back on but nailed on.

I've been looking at hotels in Barcelona and Madrid for some mid-week breaks, and the missus is already sussing out the shopping in Milan (God help me!)
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Rothko said:
    https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/joel-glazer-writes-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-april-2021?utm_campaign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

To all Manchester United supporters,

Over the past few days, we have all witnessed the great passion which football generates, and the deep loyalty our fans have for this great club.

You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and we have listened. We got it wrong, and we want to show that we can put things right.

Although the wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time for the scars to heal, I am personally committed to rebuilding trust with our fans and learning from the message you delivered with such conviction.

We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it.

In seeking to create a more stable foundation for the game, we failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid – and for that we are sorry.

This is the world’s greatest football club and we apologise unreservedly for the unrest caused during these past few days.

It is important for us to put that right.

Manchester United has a rich heritage and we recognise our responsibility to live up to its great traditions and values.

The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges and we are proud of the way Manchester United and its fans from Manchester and around the world have reacted to the enormous pressures during this period.

We also realise that we need to better communicate with you, our fans, because you will always be at the heart of the club.

In the background, you can be sure that we will be taking the necessary steps to rebuild relationships with other stakeholders across the game, with a view to working together on solutions to the long-term challenges facing the football pyramid.

Right now, our priority is to continue to support all of our teams as they push for the strongest possible finish to the season.

In closing, I would like to recognise that it is your support which makes this club so great, and we thank you for that.

With best regards,

Joel Glazer

I've just had a little bit of sick in my mouth.

What a c***.
  • Options
    These owners still don't get it. Shit apologies waffling on about wanting to make football sustainable, when we all know they don't give a fuck about football and it was for nothing more than to line their own pockets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rothko said:
    https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/joel-glazer-writes-open-letter-to-man-utd-supporters-april-2021?utm_campaign=ManUtd&utm_medium=post&utm_source=twitter

Over the past few days, we have all witnessed the great passion which football generates, and the deep loyalty our fans have for this great club.

You made very clear your opposition to the European Super League, and we have listened. We got it wrong, and we want to show that we can put things right.

Although the wounds are raw and I understand that it will take time for the scars to heal, I am personally committed to rebuilding trust with our fans and learning from the message you delivered with such conviction.

We continue to believe that European football needs to become more sustainable throughout the pyramid for the long-term. However, we fully accept that the Super League was not the right way to go about it.

In seeking to create a more stable foundation for the game, we failed to show enough respect for its deep-rooted traditions –promotion, relegation, the pyramid – and for that we are sorry.

This is the world’s greatest football club and we apologise unreservedly for the unrest caused during these past few days.

Manchester United has a rich heritage and we recognise our responsibility to live up to its great traditions and values.

The pandemic has thrown up so many unique challenges and we are proud of the way Manchester United and its fans from Manchester and around the world have reacted to the enormous pressures during this period.

We also realise that we need to better communicate with you, our fans, because you will always be at the heart of the club.

In the background, you can be sure that we will be taking the necessary steps to rebuild relationships with other stakeholders across the game, with a view to working together on solutions to the long-term challenges facing the football pyramid.

Right now, our priority is to continue to support all of our teams as they push for the strongest possible finish to the season.

In closing, I would like to recognise that it is your support which makes this club so great, and we thank you for that.

With best regards,

Joel Glazer

They ignored their supporters throughout their scheming. More fool United fans if they fall for this crap. 
  • Options
    The teams that are going to be hit the hardest are Barca and Real. They have borrowed to a point where they have to change their recruitment strategies downwards. The ESL money would have bailed them out, but hopefully they have to face reality now and that will be great for the Spanish League.
  • Options
    Macronate said:
    Don’t know why all these respective owners didn’t get Southall on board from the beginning to create a European Super Duper League.

That would have been unstoppable.
    Ah man, the most rinsed out joke in the history of comedy 
  • Options
    The teams that are going to be hit the hardest are Barca and Real. They have borrowed to a point where they have to change their recruitment strategies downwards. The ESL money would have bailed them out, but hopefully they have to face reality now and that will be great for the Spanish League.
    Where do you reckon Haaland is going?
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Where do you reckon Haaland is going?

Citeh!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    A serious question.
    As they tried to launch it as just plain The Super League, I wonder if the actual Super League that already exists would have been happy about it?

🤔
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Real just announced the signing of Alaba from Bayern on a 5 year deal. Probably just the kind of shrewd free signing they need.
  • Options
    Real just announced the signing of Alaba from Bayern on a 5 year deal. Probably just the kind of shrewd free signing they need.
    On a salary of £300,000 a week no doubt.

I hope he's got a cast iron contract.
  • Options

and the rest...
  • Options
    Rothko said:

With best regards,

Joel Glazer

That statement shows they still don’t understand or care. 

Similar a Meire / Roland statement! Basically sorry but blah blah 

• Options
    se9addick said:
    Dave2l said:
    Croydon said:
    -30 points next season for all involved, transfer embargoes, huge fines. Make an example of them.

The owners need the recieving end of the consequences, not the fans.

Just give them huge enormous fines, plus a transfer embargo. 
    Not a points deduction.

Say if Leicester, Everton or West ham break into the top 4, then it might not feel like as much of an achievement if the top 6 have been deducted points.

Keep the game fair.

What this has done is fantastic.

The rich nobhead clubs have had their reputations tarnished and it couldn't be sweeter.

Footballs soul is on its way back.

F***ck money!
    I wouldn’t get ahead of yourself. At best it will be “as you were”, which wasn’t a particularly soulful place. 
    And the 'as you were' still includes a Champions League update in a couple of years which sounds rubbish and protects the big clubs by basically having wild card slots:

https://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/0268-12157d69ce2d-9f011c70f6fa-1000--new-champions-league-format-explained/
  • Options
    edited April 2021

And he's nearly 29. Lets see how motivated he is when he's 32/33...
  • Options
    The apology from John W Henry is the most insincere statement of all time - what an utter c***.

Actually embarrassing to read...remember 2 days ago these fans were 'legacy ' fans , not future fans in Asia etc. 

If one of these were my club I wouldn't go again . Ever . That is a piss take really,  not an apology. 

Fuck them off to Asia for their Super league to countries were inhumanities are conducted regularly,  either in the name of religion or against religious sects.

Some how I think they deserve each other. They wish to abuse their fan base. 
    Well that’s a stupid comment.