Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

European Super League - clubs withdrawing p42 onwards.

Comments

• Options
    The apology from John W Henry is the most insincere statement of all time - what an utter c***.
    Proper hostage video stuff
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    mascot88 said:
    Henry can drop dead.. lying bucket of sick 
    Disgusting thing to write about a long time, semi-respected, member of this forum. 
    Semi-Respected? ;)
  • Options
    I imagine there will be a lot of backtracking and "it wasn't my idea" and "we were forced into it" type comments now...
    I’m hoping for some proper, dramatic, finger pointing and recriminations between the clubs. Will provide an excellent side show to the final stages of the season.
  • Options
    The first thing that needs to be done is to stop agents double dipping in every transaction. They're either representing the players, and get paid by the player, or they're representing the club one of the clubs and get paid by that club.

The situation currently where they extract money from one or both clubs whilst supposedly representing the player has to end. The players should be against this, every penny the agent takes is money they don't get, and how can they possibly trust the agent is working in their best interests when it is the clubs the are negotiating with that are paying the agent.

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    se9addick said:
    mascot88 said:
    Henry can drop dead.. lying bucket of sick 
    Disgusting thing to write about a long time, semi-respected, member of this forum. 
    Semi-Respected? ;)
    Respected-Semi
  • Options
    I imagine there will be a lot of backtracking and "it wasn't my idea" and "we were forced into it" type comments now...
    We are already seeing it. 
  • Options
    Inter and Atletico now gone.

The thing that gets me is how many Liverpool supporters on social media seem happy to forgive John Henry for making a "mistake". This guy is only sorry that it didn't go ahead and he can't be making millions from the ESL. He was more than happy to shaft the core Liverpool fans as they're no longer the type of supporter that they're really interested in. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Inter and Atletico now gone.

The thing that gets me is how many Liverpool supporters on social media seem happy to forgive John Henry for making a "mistake". This guy is only sorry that it didn't go ahead and he can't be making millions from the ESL. He was more than happy to shaft the core Liverpool fans as they're no longer the type of supporter that they're really interested in. 
    Loud minority, probably bought and paid for. 

Any human being can see this old fuck is a reptilian who eats his young. 
  • Options
    Yep, just look at his track record in the States. I would happily see him kicked out of Boston. I've warned my Liverpool supporting friends for years that it is going to end in tears, I'm just glad everyone got together to stop him this time.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Chelsea should still be docked points and fined, as should all who decide to step out in the future. 
    Of course they shouldn’t 
    Why not? The intent was there, and therefore they should be punished. It isn't ok to let them all pull out now and just continue like nothing happened. They've only stopped because of the backlash, knowing their revenue would be hit. Fail to make an example of them now, and they'll try it again within 10 years.
  • Options
    -30 points next season for all involved, transfer embargoes, huge fines. Make an example of them.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    -30 points next season for all involved, transfer embargoes, huge fines. Make an example of them.

The owners need the recieving end of the consequences, not the fans.

Just give them huge enormous fines, plus a transfer embargo. 
    Not a points deduction.

Say if Leicester, Everton or West ham break into the top 4, then it might not feel like as much of an achievement if the top 6 have been deducted points.

Keep the game fair.

What this has done is fantastic.

The rich nobhead clubs have had their reputations tarnished and it couldn't be sweeter.

Footballs soul is on its way back.

F***ck money!
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    bobmunro said:
    I reckon of all the scabs it will be Spurs that have the biggest vitriol and the piss ripped out of them.

Super League? You’re having a laugh!
    Yep they're getting it in my footy whatsapp group. 

The Everton fans giving it the most. 
  • Options
    The ESL club owners today...

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    English public opinion gets its way .. pity it's not so effective in other situations
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dave2l said:
    Croydon said:

Not a points deduction.

Say if Leicester, Everton or West ham break into the top 4, then it might not feel like as much of an achievement if the top 6 have been deducted points.

Keep the game fair.

The rich nobhead clubs have had their reputations tarnished and it couldn't be sweeter.

F***ck money!
    I wouldn’t get ahead of yourself. At best it will be “as you were”, which wasn’t a particularly soulful place. 
    se9addick said:
    Dave2l said:
    Croydon said:

Not a points deduction.

Keep the game fair.

F***ck money!
    I wouldn’t get ahead of yourself. At best it will be “as you were”, which wasn’t a particularly soulful place. 
    Spot on.

Unless there is some strong action taken against the "big 6" - which I bet will not happen - nothing will change. 
  • Options
    While the emotional side of me would like to see the dirty dozen given a real kicking and severe sanctions from the football authorities, the practical  side of me recognises that this is not likely legally possible. After all they only expressed an intention to form a super league and then back tracked two days later. I am not sure if that would constitute breaking any rules. 
    However I hope that all the noise coming out in the last few days from governing bodies and indeed governments is followed through with, even though this immediate threat has been put down. As Charlton fans we were calling for the game to be changed in terms of ownership and governance less than 12 months ago, but obviously did not get the same type of media attention that this has raised. 
    This is the perfect opportunity to say that football in this country is not fit to govern itself and actually do something about it. I like the idea of 51% fan ownership, but recognise this is not really practical at this time as it would punish genuine owners who have put lots of their own money in and devalue their assets, but more importantly it would make it harder for struggling ownerships to sell up and save the clubs in need.
    We could however introduce laws to stop for example buying a club and immediately putting the purchase price on the balance sheet as dept, such as the glaziers and Roland did. We could introduce planning laws similar to listed building status to stop grounds being sold and developed against the interests of the fans. We could introduce a salary cap or perhaps better still a 99.9% take rate for anyone earning over £200k per week. We could have a genuine fit and proper person test with the weight of government departments to carry out proper checks. There are lots of changes that could and should be made. And politicians of all flavours need to not walk away from this now it is not such a current critical issue and therefore a big vote winner. It is our national game and it is their duty to protect it.
  • Options
    edited April 2021
    Shame really.  I thought we had good rid of the cnuts...

Whatever way, football in this country is in for a bit of a shake up.

If the likes of the top five can be such a clusterfeck,  how the hell is anyone else going to survive?
  • Options
    edited April 2021