Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match thread

Comments

• Don't need both Pratley and Watson on the pitch, especially with them down to 10 men

To slow and defensive, like to see more attacking option for Pratley 
    Sorted for you
    1. 49'

Post update

Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

2. 49'

Post update

Foul by MJ Williams (Blackpool).

• Inniss' long balls aren't much up to it. 
  • Averaging less than a goal a game in L1 isn't good enough.

• 50' Shinnie fires a low first-timer just past the right-hand upright from 20 yards. Good effort. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #bfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Not watching but sense that Purrington was a victim of a referee desperate to even things up after sending Husband off early on.
  • Washington winning a foul... in defence. 
  • Better football. 
  • Is this the same team as the first half? Already far more positive 
  • JamesSeed said:
    This is pretty appalling. 11 v 10 for much of it, and not a single shot on target. Watson much better today, but midfield isn’t showing much creativity. Have hardly seen Washington. Bogle at least looking dangerous. 
    Its not like we've had chances though is it - Honestly whats this fascination with a shot on target if it doesnt go in

Its just as wasteful, if not more so as a shot off target
    Really? I am really confused with that statement mate? I mean, a shot on target may go in, a shot off target won’t. Well - deflections notwithstanding. 
    But its 0-0... If we've had a shot on target its not gone in has it?

Whats the difference between 10-shots on target and 10-shots off target if it remains 0-0?
    I don’t know how to answer that. I am genuinely lost for words. Help me out here someone, or is it really just me and James Seed? 
    I'm being serious... A shot on target might give you hope or it might mean the opposition GK is having a good performance but at the end of the day, a shot on target is no better than a shot off target if it finishes 0-0

The.Score.Is.The.ONLY.Important.stat!!!!! - Everything else is a lot of crap!!
  • Sponsored links:

• edited October 2020
    This is better from Charlton, Maatsen looking very lively but we need to force the keeper to work with the chances we're having
  • Shinnie curls wide. 
  • 51'

Post update

Hand ball by Conor Washington (Charlton Athletic).

• Where's Maatsen playing? 
    Left back.
  • Charwill said:
    Is this the same team as the first half? Already far more positive 
    One day everyone including Bowyer will realise what I'm on about regarding Pratley in midfield
  • Commentators seem more neutral this half too. 
  • Charwill said:
    Is this the same team as the first half? Already far more positive 
    That's because Purrington ain't playing 
  • B
    lackpool FC

53' - A low drilled strike from Woodburn deflects behind for a corner. (0-0)
  • Washington gives away a foul for manhandling a defender
  • There seems to be a bit more urgency at the start of the second half. The Chelsea Boy looks good, so far. And we’re having shots ... at last 
  • Sponsored links:

• LenGlover said:
    Not watching but sense that Purrington was a victim of a referee desperate to even things up after sending Husband off early on.
    I wouldn't say the ref was desperate to even things up - but in the interests of consistency, he was always going to go by the rulebook.

PS: Is there still a referee assessor at a game?

• How fast did Maatsen look there!?!
  • Inniss looks a good defender, but he’s a terrible footballer 😂
  • 53' - The referee spots a foul from the resulting corner in Charlton's favour. (0-0)
  • Inniss' passing really not good. Makes Lockyer look decent. 
  • Smyth for Washington please that or Aneke
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Inniss' passing really not good. Makes Lockyer look decent. 
    like a league 1 Chris Smalling
  • aliwibble said:
    Where's Maatsen playing? 
    Left back.
    And Purrington's left back in the dressing room.

• Blackpools tactic of letting Innis having a ball is working well. Washington looks crap
  • A new strike force, still learning to play with eachother rather than being able to take the game to opposition. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!