Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match thread

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    This is pretty appalling. 11 v 10 for much of it, and not a single shot on target. Watson much better today, but midfield isn’t showing much creativity. Have hardly seen Washington. Bogle at least looking dangerous. 
    Its not like we've had chances though is it - Honestly whats this fascination with a shot on target if it doesnt go in

Its just as wasteful, if not more so as a shot off target
    Really? I am really confused with that statement mate? I mean, a shot on target may go in, a shot off target won’t. Well - deflections notwithstanding. 
    But its 0-0... If we've had a shot on target its not gone in has it?

Whats the difference between 10-shots on target and 10-shots off target if it remains 0-0?
  • Half-time sub for the Addicks
    Darren Pratley
    Ian Maatsen
  • edited October 2020
    Just totally baffled.

I know I upset a few when I said Lee had lost his mojo during the 9 game mini League(understandable) but after getting the bonus of the first minute sending off. Why didn't we make a change after Purrington's first yellow when it was patently clear the fast lad had him on toast ?

Let's go for the 3 points second half by being pro active.
  • Zero positives from that first half. Saying that was Pathetic would be being nice. 

Absolute dull and so boring. Can someone pipe in some booing into the dressing room.
    You don't think a clean sheet away from home is a positive?
    Clutching at straws with that. Blackpool keeper hasn’t made a save yet and they’ve had ten men for 40 mins.
  • Blimey, watched that and saw a lot of positive signs of the beginnings of a team. Feeling good, apart from Ben Purr's naivety. Come on here and it's all moans and doom and gloom. What have we turned into???
    A bang average league one team 
    I think that we're better than that but not much. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    This is pretty appalling. 11 v 10 for much of it, and not a single shot on target. Watson much better today, but midfield isn’t showing much creativity. Have hardly seen Washington. Bogle at least looking dangerous. 
    Its not like we've had chances though is it - Honestly whats this fascination with a shot on target if it doesnt go in

Really? I am really confused with that statement mate? I mean, a shot on target may go in, a shot off target won’t. Well - deflections notwithstanding. 

Whats the difference between 10-shots on target and 10-shots off target if it remains 0-0?
    Hope?
  • It has to be a choice of Pratley or Watson, not both as we look far too negative with them both. Pratley having to support in attack and gets a nose bleed every time. 
  • Second-Half | We're back underway here at Bloomfield Road. (0-0)
  • This is an incredibly negative match thread for 0-0 at half time. Blimey 
    Exactly. I think some here have very high expectations for a new team and a lot of players who haven't played proper games since March. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Come on Ian
  • I know it's early days and so far Bow has worked wonders in very difficult circumstances. But now he's had backing from a new owner and it's time to deliver. No excuses. Nothing short of a top six spot is acceptable. He needs to step up and find an answer to our goalscoring problems.
  • Ohhh positive!?!?

Although.. Maatsen can play CB...

• 47' Two minutes into the half and no red cards yet. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #bfc 0 #cafc 0
  • Just a lot of long ball from the middle of the park. Partly because of Pratley at AM and it’s been hard to link play up top.
  • JamesSeed said:

Means the keeper us probably having a good game. Can't do much about that. At the moment the keeper could have put up a deckchair by all accounts.
  • Shinnie as Watson's midfield partner is just already such an improvement
  • 47' Bogle fires a powerful effort into the side-netting. Watch live: http://live.cafc.co.uk #bfc 0 #cafc 0
  • JamesSeed said:

I don’t know how to answer that. I am genuinely lost for words. Help me out here someone, or is it really just me and James Seed? 
  • Sponsored links:

• The refs name is Bell he put an end to two players game so far.does that make him a bellend?.
  • Why on earth didn't maaterson start, already looks assured 
  • Bogle certainly isn't shy in getting a shot off at least
  • Another shot into the side netting. Golfie Jnr has just said can't they widen the goals a bit......
  • Bogle shooting from a silly angle but good move. 
  • Where's Maatsen playing? 
  • Blackpool pushing up much higher.
  • This is an incredibly negative match thread for 0-0 at half time. Blimey 
    Exactly. I think some here have very high expectations for a new team and a lot of players who haven't played proper games since March. 
    We have plenty of match fit options not on the pitch, such as Williams, Levitt and Morgan
  • ross1 said:
    Half-time sub for the Addicks

Ian Maatsen
    V911 ......... Henry will be pleased.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!