Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match thread

Comments

1. 45'

Post update

Chris Gunter (Charlton Athletic) wins a free kick on the right wing.

2. 45'

Post update

Foul by Ben Woodburn (Blackpool).

• Why bring our own, there are plenty of fucking donkeys up there?
  • I have always hated Blackpool 
  • Charwill said:

Most impressive for me are our two centre backs
     Innis reminds me of a young Tony Adams
    Innis said in his interview, that Tony Adams was his role model.

• Just noticed the red card above charlton on the scoreboard, didn't even see purrington sending off ffs lol...must have been when i was getting a beer! 
  • Didn’t take advantage when we should have. Bogle feeding off scraps and less than half chances, Washington not in the game. It’s been controlled by two defensive midfielders in Pratley and Watson, so no wonder it’s been dull.
  • I have always hated Blackpool 
    Man, Blackpool rock.

• Sponsored links:

• “Brain dead”, “stupid”, “idiot prick” all imply Purrington forgot he was on a yellow card and committed a needless foul.

Not the case at all. He knew the circumstances. He just isn’t good enough at football.
    Hamilton wasn't in? We had cover in the middle. So yeah it was brain-dead. He didn't need to foul. Just let him go. 
  • edited October 2020
    Did anyone say it was a 7pm KO? And why! Haven’t missed much though 
  • This has the hallmark of being the Wimbledon game. That day we had Sarr sent off in the 1st minute & their player before half time. Home side went on to win 1-0. 
  • Not been overly convinced with Washington so far.
  • edited October 2020
  • Goal scoring seems like a big issue for this Cafc side. Defensively we seem ok. 
  • Did anyone say it was a 7pm KO? And why! Haven’t missed much though 
    You were lucky.

• This has the hallmark of being the Wimbledon game. That day we had Sarr sent off in the 1st minute & their player before half time. Home side went on to win 1-0. 
    Won 2-0...
  • edited October 2020
    So flat it's unreal, no cutting edge, so slow and defensive. 

It was like with 11vs10 we was still scared to play out of our own half unless it was a long ball.

No excuses Bowyer sort it out 
  • I'm going to guess....

JFC for Washington half time change
    Smyth for Shinnie - around 65mins

Play for the draw now I guess. Shame we couldn't take advantage but hey ho.

• Sponsored links:

• LB going to have to start taking a look at himself. 
  • We had a few 'chances' but hardly shined. Honestly there is nothing more soul destroying than watching a decent move fall to Pratley on the edge of the box. Blackpool aren't even trying to out battle us in midfield so he absolutely does not need to be there. 
  • Moo said:
    Goal scoring seems like a big issue for this Cafc side. Defensively we seem ok. 
    Yep and will be most of the season imo.
  • So flat it's unreal, no cutting edge, so slow and defensive. 

It was like with 11vs10 we was still scared to play out of our own half unless it was a long ball.

No excuses Bowyer sort it out 
    Exactly no movement, no ideas. 

• If we win 1-0, I shall be happy
  • sadly bowyer sadly bowyer has never been that quick on the uptake!! 2-0 blackpool
  • Get Chuks and Williams and Maatsen on for Washington, Pratley and Doughty and play some goddamned football
  • Did anyone say it was a 7pm KO? And why! Haven’t missed much though 
    It's been in the subject line of the match preview thread since first thing yesterday.
  • Called 0-0 when they went down to 10.
    Was good to see us put them under pressure 
  • Don't think it was that bad, we've played some nice football in patches and have dominated the game. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!