Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Mumford appointed as Commercial Director

15678911»

Comments

• Options
    Wayne Mumford’s name no longer appears on the updated list (as of yesterday) of Charlton Athletic staff. 

A new person in the form of Head of Commercial Partnerships: Andrew Smith

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/staff
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    This fella? 

https://www.linkedin.com/in/andrew-smith-44295b12 

some football experience, and potentially worked with Jokat at AEG?
  • Options
    A nice fluffy LinkedIn profile - I suppose the proof is in the pudding!

welcome aboard Andrew
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    A nice fluffy LinkedIn profile - I suppose the proof is in the pudding!

welcome aboard Andrew
    No, the proof of the pudding is in the eating!  : - )

Not called Ben but Welcome anyway.
  • Options
    Bit strange that nothings been announced.
  • Options
    Something is not sitting right here.
  • Options
    He’s West Ham scum ;)…  all the best to Rob . Here’s to the first billion pound sponsorship he reels in. No pressure. 
  • Options
    I can only think he was 'relieved' of his duties, as otherwise I'm sure something would have been said. In my experience when TS is away he's been the face/most senior person there.

Then again the website still lists Mick Everett, thought he'd retired?
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:
    I can only think he was 'relieved' of his duties, as otherwise I'm sure something would have been said. In my experience when TS is away he's been the face/most senior person there.

Mick is still involved as he said when he retired
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob7Lee said:

I don't think he was.  I think he realised he couldn't deliver what he was asked because what he was told would happen hasn't.

There has been a massive sea change in rhetoric, and actions, because funny enough it's not easy is it?  No matter how much you want it to be. 
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

Mick is still involved as he said when he retired
    It still says he's Safety Officer

I've not seen any announcement about a replacement
  • Options
    It’s a pretty volatile industry at the moment is sports sponsorship - a lot of people will be bouncing around from role to role as management gets frustrated at them not delivering. Only to find out the next person had the same issue.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Wayne Mumford’s name no longer appears on the updated list (as of yesterday) of Charlton Athletic staff. 

A new person in the form of Head of Commercial Partnerships: Andrew Smith

https://www.cafc.co.uk/club/club-overview/staff
    Wayne must have finished his notice period, from all accounts he is a decent guy, but was having the rug pulled from under his feet on a number things.. Good luck in the future..

Andrew Linkedin profile looks impressive, but doesn't seem to hang around long, not sure if that is wanting to move, or he goes at it for 6 to 12 months, then the feet come off the pedal! Time will tell I suppose.. But good luck!
  • Options
    I believe that the club loss £8mil last season, that will increase this season to maybe £9-10mil, that can not be sustainable.
    I would be surprised if TS is here the season after next.

I do hope i am way off the mark and wrong.
  • Options
    I believe that the club loss £8mil last season, that will increase this season to maybe £9-10mil, that can not be sustainable.
    I would be surprised if TS is here the season after next.

I do hope i am way off the mark and wrong.
    Financially that applies to most of the Championship and probably a third of L1. Football finances are a nightmare across the board
  • Options
    interesting stats - especially as I would place us as a similar sized club to Pompey, yet we are losing about 8x more
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    interesting stats - especially as I would place us as a similar sized club to Pompey, yet we are losing about 8x more
    One factor would be that Pompey were ascending to L1 from a low cost base and we were descending from a higher one, but the cost of the academy might be another.

it’s obvious why successive owners have decided that player trading is the easiest way to close the gap - it holds out the prospect of windfall profits which are unlikely in other areas of the business, but it is inherently speculative and you do have to invest upfront.

It is clearly sensible to maximise all income streams but realistically it’s easier - and complementary - to drive ticket revenue, which also incurs limited marginal cost, as opposed to sponsorship etc. Hence Fill The Valley but the execution was very, very poor and if anything may have reduced revenue. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2022
     We will continue to see our best young talent go higher as the potential add on's from a Pope or a Gomez moving on again is a business in its self; Millions hopefully and without that we are screwed.

Morgan at the moment is last man standing from his peer group in the academy as they were either deemed not good enough and have gone down the pyramid or have been in the older age group of Joe Aribo, Ademola lookman and Joe Gomez from the 24 to 25's who have gone high. Aribo was the poor insight when he walked away for a mandatory set low fee.

Reaching Category 1/A status for cafc won't stop our talented young players leave but it will mean we can prey on teams with our present 2/B status and go outside our  catchment area.

The food chain has always existed but the Hungry Premier team are totally ravenous and was highlighted by Mason Burstow move after a handful of games. 

A League 1 commercial manager has one hand tied behind his back as the product is not attractive enough. I don't call any level of football shite (a tad pooey !) but it's one thing being outplayed by a Liverpool but when it's a Wycombe or Cheltenham it does make you realize how far we have slide down the greasy pole of Football. 
  • Options
    Were.