Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Mumford appointed as Commercial Director

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2021
    Please stop quoting Grapevine49, my scrolling finger hurts!

Great post as usual GV btw.
  • Options
    With regard to season ticket sales, I actually think they are slightly disappointing in view of.

1) The rats gone
    2) The thieves have gone
    3) The fact that we haven’t seen much live football due to Covid for months.
    4) On the back of the Recent England success.
    5) The push to sell them this season.

I would have hoped we would have reached 10k by now given all the above. However I am conscious that with Covid still hanging around that some people may be put off for now.
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    I reckon COVID has had a bit of an effect, and people will still be put off if they have concerns still
    15 years of being generally a bit shit, league 1 football and no actual need to have a season ticket don't help either.
  • Options
    I wonder if some, or many, people interested in a season ticket will wait to see how the match day experience is with the first couple of games, before handing over the cash needed for a season ticket. Imagine some will still be nervous about large gatherings etc and want to see if all is okay with the set up first. 
  • Options
    We have to sell 10k as I have had a bet with Henry the great cardigan wearer. 
  • Options
    We have to sell 10k as I have had a bet with Henry the great cardigan wearer. 
    I haven't forgotten 😂
  • Options
    DA9DA9
    edited July 2021
    Rothko said:
    The next kit supplier deal is the test, if it’s just a catalogue deal with a third party then there is nothing to the new commercial team, if it’s a better deal with Hummel or a great deal with one of the new entrants on the market, then they’ve got something that will generate funds in higher divisions 
    If you mean tomorrow's reveal then it will be Hummel, already wearing new training gear by them 
  • Options

I make HI about right.

Who needs promotes when you have this!

Well done Henry..high praise indeed

And welcome back Grapevine...we've missed you! 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    DA9 said:
    Rothko said:
    The next kit supplier deal is the test, if it’s just a catalogue deal with a third party then there is nothing to the new commercial team, if it’s a better deal with Hummel or a great deal with one of the new entrants on the market, then they’ve got something that will generate funds in higher divisions 
    If you mean tomorrow's reveal then it will be Hummel, already wearing new training gear by them 
    He means for 22/23
  • Options
    I must admit,if we fall below 10000,I will be a little disappointed ,and so,I suspect will be Thomas.The crooks have gone,we have had no Valley for what seems an eternity.Of course some will not be happy to go to mass events,some may wait until the last minute to see how the squad is improved,all very understandable.I hope we have a good walk up for the first game,i really dont want Thomas to  walk into a half empty stadium.
  • Options
    razil said:
    cafc999 said:
    What different ideas would you have introduced @razil
    I would radically overhaul the whole structure and gear it to maximising take up,( but I would do this firmly in partnership with the fans groups) particularly with regard to encouraging younger generations. I would pay a lot more attention to the offering and cost to fans of the match day experience, and would aim to make ours the best in the country.
    Yeah, nice buzz word bingo score but what would you have actually done?
    A little bit unfair. I don't know what limitations they're under but some consultation with fans groups on what could make the match day experience better might've been a good idea.

Do we really think the pricing structure (which is exactly the same as it was under RD) is the best it could be to maximise take up and revenue?

With regards to ST sales I'm not convinced "do nothing different and hope for the Sandgaard effect" was the best approach
  • Options
    razil said:
    cafc999 said:
    What different ideas would you have introduced @razil
    I would radically overhaul the whole structure and gear it to maximising take up,( but I would do this firmly in partnership with the fans groups) particularly with regard to encouraging younger generations. I would pay a lot more attention to the offering and cost to fans of the match day experience, and would aim to make ours the best in the country.
    Yeah, nice buzz word bingo score but what would you have actually done?
    A little bit unfair. I don't know what limitations they're under but some consultation with fans groups on what could make the match day experience better might've been a good idea.

Do we really think the pricing structure (which is exactly the same as it was under RD) is the best it could be to maximise take up and revenue?

With regards to ST sales I'm not convinced "do nothing different and hope for the Sandgaard effect" was the best approach
    I was surprised tickets were not cheaper.   
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    I reckon COVID has had a bit of an effect, and people will still be put off if they have concerns still
    15 years of being generally a bit shit, league 1 football and no actual need to have a season ticket don't help either.
    That’s the main problem. There is no need to go and put the hard yards into follow Charlton. I could probably not go to any of the league matches and get a play off final ticket. Probably goes the same with away tickets. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Rothko said:
    That’s the main problem. There is no need to go and put the hard yards into follow Charlton. I could probably not go to any of the league matches and get a play off final ticket. Probably goes the same with away tickets. 
    You’ll easily get a ticket for MK Dons for the midweek game as it’s the start of the season, they’ve got a bigger ground and the allocation will no doubt be higher. As for the rest of the season you might struggle to get an away ticket without the points boost of a season ticket or a mate who will get the away ticket for you because there are too many smaller grounds, starting with Oxford.
  • Options
    Loyalty points are not based on last season. They have gone back to the previous season.
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Seems like @Rothko was in the know if the rumours bon the new kit thread are correct
  • Options
    Rothko said:

Seems like @Rothko was in the know if the rumours bon the new kit thread are correct
    I know nuffin! 
  • Options
    Rumours heard that he has handed in his resignation 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If true a real surprise, something is going on.... and i dont think its good news for CAFC.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    Heard that too ...
  • Options
    cafc999 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Heard that too ...
    Wasn't he somewhat over qualified for a L1 club?  Probably got bored trying to do commercial deals with parties uninterested given our status.
  • Options
    But we're a Premier league club.
  • Options
    Apparently Raelynn and Brian joket are taking over the role, doesn't seem a happy house after all !!!
  • Options
    FAVADDICK said:
    Apparently Raelynn and Brian joket are taking over the role, doesn't seem a happy house after all !!!
    I’m sure she’s extensively qualified, just like that world class footballer and data analyst we have, Martin Sandgaard.