Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Mumford appointed as Commercial Director

Comments

• Options
    Talking of commercial deals i remember reading stuff about a potential partnership with some club in India who supposedly had a huge fanbase, and i'm sure there was something supposedly happening in China with Zheng Zhi. Neither (i think) were ever mentioned again.

Anyone else remember this? I'm sure i haven't just made it up.
  • Options
    Talking of commercial deals i remember reading stuff about a potential partnership with some club in India who supposedly had a huge fanbase, and i'm sure there was something supposedly happening in China with Zheng Zhi. Neither (i think) were ever mentioned again.

I remember this, youre not going mad
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    CAFCsayer said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/4464294.stm

From 2005. The Belgian and Chinese clubs we linked with no longer exist. We also had links with other clubs including ASEC in Ivory Coast.

Charlton in Belgian club link-up
    Charlton chief executive Peter Varney
    Charlton plan to send fringe players to gain experience in Belgium after signing an agreement with Belgian cup holders Germinal Beerschot.

The London club already have similar links with New Zealand Knights, MyPa 47 in Finland and China's Shanghai Zobon.

"This link forms a very important part of our overseas strategy," said Charlton chief executive Peter Varney.

"The Belgian league is ideal for players not quite ready for the challenge of Premiership."

• Options
    Scoham said:
    CAFCsayer said:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/4464294.stm

From 2005. The Belgian and Chinese clubs we linked with no longer exist. We also had links with other clubs including ASEC in Ivory Coast.

Charlton in Belgian club link-up
    Charlton chief executive Peter Varney
    Charlton plan to send fringe players to gain experience in Belgium after signing an agreement with Belgian cup holders Germinal Beerschot.

The London club already have similar links with New Zealand Knights, MyPa 47 in Finland and China's Shanghai Zobon.

"This link forms a very important part of our overseas strategy," said Charlton chief executive Peter Varney.

"The Belgian league is ideal for players not quite ready for the challenge of Premiership."

Roland was a visionary 😜
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Seen him in Leadenall market a few times with some proper strange older wideboy types. Like a retired rock band from the seaside.

• Options
    All going South since Rae Lynn/Sandgaard Jr, got on board
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I noted this on the Jokat thread a month ago, as his job description definitely overlapped Mumford's significantly. Maybe Mumford took that as a hint...

So how did TK fulfil that role when he was COO, I wonder ? 
  • Options
    Are season ticket renewals hugely down on this time last season?
  • Options
    I noted this on the Jokat thread a month ago, as his job description definitely overlapped Mumford's significantly. Maybe Mumford took that as a hint...

So how did TK fulfil that role when he was COO, I wonder ? 
    Pitch maintenance Mrs F!
    He became an expert in that area of catering after finding it in the dictionary just after pancakes. 😉
  • Options
    Never understood why we need a Commercial Director.  Surely we should be focusing on football, not filming adverts.
  • Options
    Shades of Spinal Tap. 🤔
  • Options
    Shades of Spinal Tap. 🤔
    Don't give Thomas ideas, he'll be turning the volume for Addicks to Victory up to 11
  • Options
    Shades of Spinal Tap. 🤔
    Don't give Thomas ideas, he'll be turning the volume for Addicks to Victory up to 11
    If only they would turn the volume down to zero for that utter dog poo of a ‘song”

Alongside that - I’m going to contact the club - just because the owner likes shit heavy metal music, no reason for us to be subjected to it as well - I know it’s a ‘non issue’ in terms of we are going to a football match, not a concert - but ever since he took over, the ‘music’ we are subjected to each home match is crap

Apart from ‘Red Red Robin’ and ‘London Calling’ I hasten to add 
  • Options
    Why, what’s gone wrong?
  • Options
    Are season ticket renewals hugely down on this time last season?
    Waiting for Patel's newsagent down Plumstead High Street to give us an update.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redrobo said:
    Why, what’s gone wrong?
    Nothing, it's all going swimmingly just like it was under "Bow" last season.  No idea why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist.

It's not like we haven't got a manager or are a million miles away from having a competitive team 6 weeks before preseason.

People like you were busy rearranging the deck chairs hours after the iceberg struck.  Anything else would effect moral old chap, what what.
  • Options
    Shades of Spinal Tap. 🤔
    "Meet our new centre-back pairing, built like the mighty Stonehenge ... "

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Redrobo said:
    Why, what’s gone wrong?
    Nothing, it's all going swimmingly just like it was under "Bow" last season.  No idea why everyone is getting their knickers in a twist.

It's not like we haven't got a manager or are a million miles away from having a competitive team 6 weeks before preseason.

People like you were busy rearranging the deck chairs hours after the iceberg struck.  Anything else would effect moral old chap, what what.
    https://www.inspiringquotes.us/image/topic/Stephen-King-Quote-Panic-Is-Highly-Contagious-Especially-In-Situations-When-Nothing-Is-Known-And-Everything.jpg?ezimgfmt=rs:994x559/rscb4/ng:webp/ngcb4
  • Options
    FYI he actually left the position 2 weeks ago, I believe the same day as Jackson was sacked. 
  • Options
    DubaiCAFC said:
    FYI he actually left the position 2 weeks ago, I believe the same day as Jackson was sacked. 
    That’s a long time for the club to not announce it…
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Scoham said:
    DubaiCAFC said:
    That’s a long time for the club to not announce it

• Options
    Shades of Spinal Tap. 🤔
    "Meet our new centre-back pairing, built like the mighty Stonehenge ... "

That is @ElfsborgAddick then & now