Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wayne Mumford appointed as Commercial Director

Comments

• Options
    paulfox said:
    I know it’s probably against the grain on here,but should we wait for facts before going into meltdown about how difunctional and badly run our club is? Keep our powder dry maybe?.
    Nah, that’s far too sensible.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Swisdom said:
    paulfox said:
    I know it’s probably against the grain on here,but should we wait for facts before going into meltdown about how difunctional and badly run our club is? Keep our powder dry maybe?.
    Are you new around here?  That’s not the CL way
    Lol!!, I know I should know better!!😂, stupid of me to suggest.

And I’ve one lol already, I’m flying!!!!!!!!🤣
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    It’s called a rumour and someone else has confirmed it on here as well. 

If there is an issue with it, I’m sure it will get deleted 
  • Options
    That would be interesting. Next few days could tell us a lot
  • Options
    Have to say this seemed to be on the cards once Joket hired
  • Options
    I believe this is very true.
  • Options
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:

There you go again shirty, you chose not to educate me the other day. I didn’t say it was bollox did I? Put your knickers back on straight until we know facts.👍
  • Options
    razil said:
    Who or what is a Joket?
  • Options
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:

There you go again shirty, you chose not to educate me the other day. I didn’t say it was bollox did I? Put your knickers back on straight until we know facts.👍
    Knickers back on? Seen and noted 
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    razil said:
    Who or what is a Joket?
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/626277969e24b/brian-jokat-appointed-as-chief-operating-officer
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:
    shirty5 said:
    paulfox said:

Knickers back on? Seen and noted 
    🤣👍
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    cafc999 said:
    shirty5 said:
    Rumours heard that he has handed in his resignation 
    Heard that too ...
    Wasn't he somewhat over qualified for a L1 club?  Probably got bored trying to do commercial deals with parties uninterested given our status.
    He wasn’t overqualified - that’s just people swallowing the PR bullshit. Arguably he wasn’t appropriately qualified to do the job he was asked to do - much like Roddy.

In my experience, Wayne is a good guy and unlike his boss he knew what he didn’t know and was willing to listen and learn about that. But if you have someone above you who wants to make all the decisions himself you are going to struggle. 

I think TS had and probably still has wildly unrealistic ideas about the commercial potential of the club in L1. The only deals that could be done are the ones that have been, and as such they don’t reflect badly on WM.
    Heard very similar, goal post moved a number of times after deals agreed in principle, leaving WM to go back to the potenial deals which meant they fall through.. 
  • Options
    Can’t see any of this changing until he realises he needs to take a step back and let his staff (the right staff) get on with their jobs. Appoint a CEO and step back. Bloody control freak.
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    razil said:
    Who or what is a Joket?
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/626277969e24b/brian-jokat-appointed-as-chief-operating-officer
    👍
  • Options
    the shirt sponsorship deal , if the numbers Ive heard from last season were true,  i'd like to know how they compare to other league one clubs because Swisdoms old mans firm were back up,  i think,  because someone pulled out wasn't what i'd consider a lot of dough for such a deal but I may have guesstimated the value in the wrong ball park and if they hadn't come in who knows what we'd have got .
    A lot of supposition there but that's what we're here for .

also as airman says league one is guff for any deals of significance but id be interested to know how much ipswich or pompey's shirt sponsors pay 

• Options
    Dizzle said:
    Can’t see any of this changing until he realises he needs to take a step back and let his staff (the right staff) get on with their jobs. Appoint a CEO and step back. Bloody control freak.
    Just shows the complete naive from TS. I’m really starting to think we have another bad owner at the club!

Why can’t things run smoothly for this club for a change!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnnyH2 said:
    Before we get any knickers twisted IF this rumour is true its a fact that TS took over the club and made 3 appointments to run the club

Mumford
    Roddy
    Adkins (and his subsequent replacement sacked)

All gone within about 20 months. That is not positive however you dress it up
    I would suggest the people he employed weren't the problem in its self.  The problem was they were given different roles to what they had been successful in before.

Right people, wrong jobs, and this is a trend I see continuing.
  • Options
    Have we gone from the ridiculous to the sublime? RD had no interest in the club, whilst TS has too much interest in its running. Somewhere in between would be rather nice, but that won’t happen whilst TS is treating the club like a family business.
    Having said that, and I can’t speak from personal experience, if I had pumped a lot of my own cash into a new enterprise, and things hadn’t turned out how I had hoped, maybe I would have indulged in a degree of nepotism, but only if those family members had the appropriate skills, otherwise it would out of the frying pan into the fire.

• Options
    What about his sons?
  • Options
    The kind of appointment made by a person that didn't have/hasn't got the first clue about what he was getting himself into. Ditto Roddy.
  • Options
    The kind of appointment made by a person that didn't have/hasn't got the first clue about what he was getting himself into. Ditto Roddy.
    And yet many want a CEO appointed. If he appointed a CEO would anyone trust TS pick the right one?
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    And yet many want a CEO appointed. If he appointed a CEO would anyone trust TS pick the right one?
    Still do. Completely different though.
    We desperately need someone to oversee the day to day running off this club.
    A commercial director trying to drum up business from all corners of the world really isn't necessary in league one.
  • Options
    TS has handed over at least part of that responsibility by appointing Jokat.
  • Options
    Interesting if he is going in view of the fact he was described in great detail as being instrumental in identifying us as Sandgaard's takeover proposition. It can't have been the 21 months either of them envisaged.