Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton v Charlton | Saturday 24th October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Leuth said:
    A propos of nothing, Northampton is one of the most disappointing towns I've ever visited
    Cobblers.  ;)
    Beat me to it
  • Options
    In reference to the tweet about Pearce and Osh, what does Bows mean by the line "they're the closest two?" 

I can't work out who they are closer than?!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    mendonca said:
    In reference to the tweet about Pearce and Osh, what does Bows mean by the line "they're the closest two?" 

It's a camp Americanism.  He means they really like each other.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    A propos of nothing, Northampton is one of the most disappointing towns I've ever visited
    The Charles Rennie Mackintosh House 78 Derngate is worth a visit
  • Options
    I thought Gilbey was training again but from LBs comments maybe he's behind Pearce & Osh?
  • Options
    I was expecting Northampton to be another pleasant little market town, but the most charitable description I can muster is that it possesses former glories, but has quite simply given up. The main square was a tragedy of closures, architectural vandalism and lack of vision
  • Options
    Playing well never means you will start the next match at cafc, either because of injury or rotation reasons.

Both Williams and JFC should get minutes in this game. We need to tap into the confidence that Jonny got from his first Welsh goal.

1-1 for me as the team is still evolving and we are some way from being a team that creates a lot of chances. Shots on target needs to improve. 

Bogle still needs time to get match fit but did show promise with his pace. 

We are improving which is a good sign.

• Options
    KettsJohn said:
    I thought Gilbey was training again but from LBs comments maybe he's behind Pearce & Osh?
    I think Gilbey only came out of his boot yesterday, so doubt he’d be straight in to training. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    I was expecting Northampton to be another pleasant little market town, but the most charitable description I can muster is that it possesses former glories, but has quite simply given up. The main square was a tragedy of closures, architectural vandalism and lack of vision
    It has a population of over 200,000 so little market town would be stretching it.
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    mendonca said:

Gilbey

No. |Name |Pos'n|Contracted To|Injured?|Est Return Date|20/21 Injury details|Salary Notes |Cap'd Salary |Senior/Unders
    6PearceLCBJune 21+24/10/2020Knee - Training InjuryAlready Contracted£1,700.00Senior
    21MaddisonL/RWJune 21+24/10/2020Ankle Sprain - Training InjuryESTIMATED Post Cap Signing£4,000.00Senior
    11GilbeyCMJune 23+?Achilles - Training (out of boot 19/10/20)Before Cap Deadline£1,700.00Senior
    4OshilajaRCBJune 21+UnknownUnknown - Training InjuryAlready Contracted£1,700.00Senior
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    I have had a few great nights out when working there. A cracking Indian restaurant and some lovely real ale pubs.
  • Options
    3-1 away win  . Inniss , Maatsen and an OG .
  • Options
    Like your team FA, only changes I would make is Shinnie and Doughty swap and Watson instead of Pratley, feel confident again so 0-2 win
  • Options
    Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:
    I have had a few great nights out when working there. A cracking Indian restaurant and some lovely real ale pubs.
    Tamarind?
  • Options
    Hopefully Mark Marshall shows more class as a former player than Maxwell did on Tuesday 
  • Options
    I've just noticed the top 6 are all playing eachother this weekend.

Could be a good weekend to really make some ground.
    Some great fixtures in L1 this weekend. Not quite the top 6 playing each other, as Doncaster are playing Crewe and Sunderland are playing Pompey (who are 8th), but that's another massive promotion clash
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yep leave the only player with two goals behind. 
    It was either him or Morgan being left behind and I don't see the point of having three strikers on the bench - it makes more sense having another option in midfield/defence in case of injury. 

Objectively speaking, I think Bogle and Smyth will make a much bigger impact from the bench with their athleticism. He was also nonexistent against Blackpool. 

Yes, he has 2 goals, not 22. He's not undroppable. 
    He's played 5 and a bit games. 

Not undroppable but also currently has been our most dangerous player. He actually worked well alongside Bonne... If he can work well there, then surely he can work with anyone. 
    He was poor on Tuesday though

I imagine Bowyer will juggle his strikers anyway, as we have too many players who can't play successive 90 minutes
    Juggling strikers is insanely risky.  No wonder we keep having problems with injury.
    Id put Bowyer up top if he can juggle Aneke and Bogle!

Imagine Smyth just fits in his pocket!!
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Like your team FA, only changes I would make is Shinnie and Doughty swap and Watson instead of Pratley, feel confident again so 0-2 win
    Cheers Ross... I reckon we'll probably see both starting again, went for Pratley on his own though as he only played 45mins on Tuesday night so is slightly fresher
  • Options
    mendonca said:

Gilbey for one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mendonca said:

Pratley, as he was standing further away
  • Options
    Another 1-0 away win ... 
  • Options
    0-2 away win. COYR!
  • Options
    edited October 2020
    Couple of points, the late Chris Thompson (Dr Kish) would've enjoyed this fixture if fans had been allowed in, I'm sure he use to live near Northampton and would've been a 'home fixture'  for him. Also the weather tomorrow is set to be very wet and stormy so will no doubt affect the game and every player needs to be on their game! 1-0 to the Addicks but it'll be hard fought in crappy conditions (according to this morning's weather forecast!)
  • Options
    We're still at the two steps forward, one step back stage of the season. 1-1.
  • Options
    It's difficult judging performances when all you've got is a live stream, but we're all in the same boat! So far this season, to me, we've always looked capable of scoring - the players look up for it and they don't seem frightened to take a chance. So, given all that, I predict a win for the Reds, but only by one goal: 1:2. 
  • Options
    Judging by the predictions in the Prediction League, there is going to be an absolute meltdown if we don't win at Northampton. If we draw or lose, the language is likely to be stronger than Cobblers. From the predictions so far, I think it's the most confident everyone has been about a win. 
  • Options
    Point gained 1-1.
  • Options
    This is where our squad is going to start taking shape, still a bit of match fitness for newbies needed but in the next few games we will have a better idea of who the key players are. 

Northampton are a good side, they play good football (last time a checked), i went to the hasselbaink game there with the 'shes got a pie in the pocket'. 

I have a good feeling we will win as struggle against harder/ dirty teams like Wigan. 

0-2 Charlton, Aneke + Washington.