Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Northampton v Charlton | Saturday 24th October | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Lots of interest for Charlton fans. Do we do this? Not seen one. 
  • Options
    1-1 Lots of missed chances.
  • Options
    The weather's predicted to have a big effect on this game, torrential rain around 4pm.

So not the conditions for JW?
  • Options
    The weather's predicted to have a big effect on this game, torrential rain around 4pm.

He will be subed off by 4:15 so not sure if it will back a big difference 
  • Options

He'll have the advantage over the other players, of not having uncomfortable wet hair  ;)
  • Options
    Went to Northampton's ground in the 60's.
    One long side was completely open except for 2 rows of temporary bench seats.

Think there was a cricket ground on the other side.
    Or is my memory playing tricks?
  • Options

That's how it was, shared between football and cricket. The football team moved out in the 90s to a new ground, and Northampton cricket entirely took over the old location
  • Options
    edited October 2020

The County Ground - in a nice area between two parks with good pubs around.  The home area was call the Hotel End, hence the name of the forum.  Sixfields is 3 miles out of town in a trading estate.

BTW some of them are getting a bit upset about us being impolite about their town centre...
  • Options

It's now just passing over my village in Cornwall, torrential, wind driven - you can barely see through it.
    If it had been snow, it would be a white-out.

Coming your way, folks.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    How come they're not playing today?
  • Options
    Robbo's coming over to suss us out for Tuesday's game.

Bow ain't daft, he knows Robbo Gobbo. He'll completely change things up for the Oxford game, you bet.

• Options
    MattF said:
    Swindon had some positive tests so the game is off
  • Options
    Quite handy for Robinson, no game today and his next opponents playing just down the road
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Robinson tested positive for gobshitearona virus 
    First actual laugh today after a horrible morning.
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Robinson tested positive for gobshitearona virus 
    First actual laugh today after a horrible morning.
    Glad to be a help.
    Hopefully a win this afternoon will lift your spirits. 
  • Options
    3-1 the mighty Addicks...Bogle,Inniss & Smyth
  • Options
    Not around at all today to watch or keep up with this, but got a good feeling we’ll actually put in a strong away performance.

Forster-Caskey to come back into the side, would be nice if only one of Watson or Pratley starts.

Unfortunately, as long as Shinnie plays, I can’t see Williams playing alongside him. But Bowyer might be able to find a way.

Maddison to come on for the last 15 minutes.

Aneke and Smyth up front.

2-0 Charlton, Aneke and Doughty.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Have also noticed the last two or three previews on the official site is very similar to mine and @ForeverAddickted previews on here.... either they’re taking inspiration or we’re doing a good job. :smile:
  • Options
    Maddison less than impressed with the quality of the pitch at Sixfields  :#

• Options
     Would like to see:                

Amos
     Gunter Inniss Famewo Maatsen
         Williams Watson JFC
    Washington Aneke Doughty

AMB, Barker, Pratley, Shinnie, Levitt, Smyth, Bogle

Most likely to be:

Amos
    Gunter Inniss Famewo Maatsen
         Pratley Watson Shinnie
           Smyth Bogle Doughty

AMB, Barker, JFC, Levitt, Maddison (Williams if MM isnt fit), Washington, Aneke

1-2 us
  • Options
    If Ryan Inniss can avoid putting his head through any of the opposition that'd be great, please can we not be seeing 6 or 7 minutes of added time at the end of the game again
  • Options

What happens of you get him wet?
  • Options
    3-1 the mighty Addicks...Bogle,Inniss & Smyth
    Bogle Inniss & Smyth....sounds like a firm of solicitors.
  • Options
    I never make forecasts but I would like to share that Northampton was the worst place I have ever lived in. Dull doesnt begin to cover it. To get a decent night out you had to drive to Leicester.

Admittedly this was over 40 years ago :-) but to put it In context of dullness, the previous year I had been in Grimsby for six months and had the time of my effing life. 

Thank you for your attention. COYR!
    TBF your idea of a good night out involves fish though, doesn't it?
  • Options
    It's getting near team lineup time. I'll put up the matchthread.